Yet another dreaded move up question

bboop51

1 hour ago, t18c97 said:

Which January cruise was this for? I'm on the 1/15 and haven't seen any changes in my move up bid for a CS. I've been watching and they've gone from sold out to 5 now being available for this cruise so keeping my fingers crossed. 

January 22

On 12/31/2021 at 4:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Usually when this happens you will be charged and received a notification from Celebrity within 24 hours (maybe longer if a Holiday). 

I have an Alert on my Credit card for any charges over $100.   When my iWatch vibrates and I see a big charge I know before Celebrity notifies me.

Funny thing that on our last B2B we were upgraded for both cruises at the same time.   Somehow I missed the second on and about a week later found we had been upgraded to the Penthouse on the second cruise and I totally missed it.   Great surprise.

Can anyone answer this for me. If I win my bid but decide to cancel my cruise under the cruise with confidence would my bid up money be refunded. I’m very worried about the covid situation  I am travelling from the UK. I am on a b2b and both my bids say pending. Travelling 24 Jan 2022

On 1/4/2022 at 5:58 AM, bboop51 said:

For those of you that asked for the final result - WE GOT IT !!! 😀 I check my planner and credit card yesterday a couple time and nada. Then last night I got a message from my  TA, that we got it. Sure enough, everything changed. I will post in the move-up tracker later today. Thank you all for your posts.

Now, fingers crossed for negative covid tests and the plane showing up (oh and no snow.)

Fingers crossed that this is really the sign! 

I am booked in Aqua on a January 30th sailing.  I bid on Sky Suite , Clebrity Suite, and Royal Suite.  The Sky and Celebrity Suite bids are expired and the Royal is pending and I cannot change it - that is what sent me searching and finding your thread!  

Feeling hopeful! Any yes the bid is waaaaay less than the going rate to upgrade even to a Sky Suite!

1 hour ago, bbeltmom said:

I am booked in Aqua on a January 30th sailing.  I bid on Sky Suite , Clebrity Suite, and Royal Suite.  The Sky and Celebrity Suite bids are expired and the Royal is pending and I cannot change it - that is what sent me searching and finding your thread!  

Feeling hopeful! Any yes the bid is waaaaay less than the going rate to upgrade even to a Sky Suite!

I really do not understand why they allocating winner so far in advance.  Based on other people’s experiences, I would say you have won your bid.  Otherwise you would be able to cancel the bid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbeltmom said:

Fingers crossed for you !!!!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I really do not understand why they allocating winner so far in advance.  Based on other people’s experiences, I would say you have won your bid.  Otherwise you would be able to cancel the bid.

We did win it.. see above !

I have a bid in for a CS from a SS on the 1/15 Apex sailing. There's 5 open CS's showing currently and my bid is showing pending with no option to cancel or modify so from what others have said this is usually a good sign that the bid will be accepted. Guess we now just have to wait to see if I get a text message from my credit card company noting the charge going through. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, t18c97 said:

I have a bid in for a CS from a SS on the 1/15 Apex sailing. There's 5 open CS's showing currently and my bid is showing pending with no option to cancel or modify so from what others have said this is usually a good sign that the bid will be accepted. Guess we now just have to wait to see if I get a text message from my credit card company noting the charge going through. 

yes that's a good sign.  Congrats!

On 12/30/2021 at 3:51 PM, bboop51 said:

We bid on a move-up for our cruise in January on the Aoex. We bid on both Aqua and a Sky Suite.

I noticed today in our cruise planner that Aqua move-up expired and the Sky Suite is still pending.

Does anyone have experience with this situation ?  We only bid a few days ago. I was surprised that the AQ bid expired

so quickly.

Thanks

Where in cruise planner do you see the bids?  

EDIT: Nevermind.  I see that you have to click back into the Move Up site.  🙂

We bid on a family veranda for the Jan 29th Reflection sailing (for which there are none showing available in a mock booking)

Edited by D C

On 12/30/2021 at 3:16 PM, djh said:

Same thing happened to me for my 1/2 cruise. Bid for edge villa expired and bid for Royal was still pending. Within 24 hours I received notification that my bid for the Royal was accepted.

Did you get all the perks for your Royal Suite? Did you have those perks on your original cabin?

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

Did you get all the perks for your Royal Suite? Did you have those perks on your original cabin?

Hopefully I can answer part of your question. We were in a Celebrity Suite and was successful in a moveup bid to a Royal Suite. I just spoke to the Equinox shoreside concierge and was asked about what liquor I wanted in the suite as well as any complimentary specialty dining reservations. I never asked about if there are extra daily gratuities for the upgrade, our onboard credit would cover that. I'm not sure what amenities you would get if you upgraded from a non retreat suite to the Royal Suite. Hope this helped. 

26 minutes ago, isnowman said:

Hopefully I can answer part of your question. We were in a Celebrity Suite and was successful in a moveup bid to a Royal Suite. I just spoke to the Equinox shoreside concierge and was asked about what liquor I wanted in the suite as well as any complimentary specialty dining reservations. I never asked about if there are extra daily gratuities for the upgrade, our onboard credit would cover that. I'm not sure what amenities you would get if you upgraded from a non retreat suite to the Royal Suite. Hope this helped. 

Yes, this is super helpful. When are you boarding? Our other big expense is upgraded internet to streaming, and if you haven’t gotten an updated confirmation, you probably don’t know about that.

27 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Well, this is interesting. I only bid 2 days ago on a 2/4 sailing. Today my CS bid says pending and the GS says expired. No option for changes. We'll see what happens. Very surprised about the expired one so soon.

Sounds like congrats on your CS

On 1/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, t18c97 said:

Was notified today that the SS->CS offer was accepted for the Apex 1/15 sailing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, as3369 said:

Sounds like congrats on your CS

We are in the same situation. 1 says pending and 1 says expired. So we are getting the pending one? 

Like what many others have said on here, we are unable to modify or cancel our other bids. We placed 4 total. The other 2 don't say anything. Placed our bids 2 weeks ago and sail on Feb 5th. 

Edited by pooh/tigger

39 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

We are in the same situation. 1 says pending and 1 says expired. So we are getting the pending one? 

Like what many others have said on here, we are unable to modify or cancel our other bids. We placed 4 total. The other 2 don't say anything. Placed our bids 2 weeks ago and sail on Feb 5th. 

Based on previous shared experiences, yes, you should be receiving the pending one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Essexcruiser007 said:

We put in a healthy offer (in December) to move up for the 9th jan cruise and although we can’t amend anything now we sail in 2 days and haven’t heard anything. I’m totally confused with how this actually works!

Check your credit card activity... that's normally the first sign

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cangelmd said:

We already had perks that came with a suite but we also received any perks that came with the class of room (royal suite). Two bottles of liquor, free specialty dining and thermal spa pass. Interesting tho, on my account of future cruises it is listing that I will be getting the points for being in a royal, 12 a day, instead of the 8 a day with a sky suite. You usually do not get the extra points on a move up so we shall see.

21 hours ago, isnowman said:

We did a move up from a CC aft balcony to a Royal suite. Received an email almost immediately from the shore side concierge asking all the appropriate questions for full benefits. My understanding is you get all the on board benefits but you only receive captain club points for your original booking. 

28 minutes ago, judatt said:

We did a move up from a CC aft balcony to a Royal suite. Received an email almost immediately from the shore side concierge asking all the appropriate questions for full benefits. My understanding is you get all the on board benefits but you only receive captain club points for your original booking. 

The sticking point for us is streaming Wi-Fi. We should only have surf. Did you get upgraded Wi-Fi or do you know yet?

6 hours ago, Essexcruiser007 said:

We put in a healthy offer (in December) to move up for the 9th jan cruise and although we can’t amend anything now we sail in 2 days and haven’t heard anything. I’m totally confused with how this actually works!

As an update, we had our offer refused. There are 39 cabins left in AQ where we had put in a bid. I will try and get an upgrade on the day. I haven’t cruised with celebrity for 5 years so this upgrade thing was new, I wonder now just what a fair offer to upgrade is?