Covid Isolation Protocols Changed

Razryn

On 1/4/2022 at 6:42 PM, D4 said:

I don’t think it is comical.  I believe they are fogging the hallways and public spaces with the chemical they spray in the air while following positive passengers to their quarantine cabins.

That fogging is why B2B passengers on most of their ships aren’t being allowed back into their cabins until all the cabins are ready.

I can confirm your belief… they follow behind anyone moving to isolation…

I am on Allure and have been in isolation since Monday at 1:00 am… my move, as I mentioned in another post, was straight out of ET. The fogger - though necessary - gave me a good laugh… It has a distinctive sound. Whenever I hear it out in the hallway, I jump up and watch out the peephole as a get a new neighbor 🤓Thankfully, that hasn’t occurred all that much. 

Edited by Donoiv11
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, broberts said:

The cruise line is doing exactly what it should. It charged different amounts to the first and second passenger. The fact you and your boyfriend elected to split the total fare 50/50 suggests that you should reimburse him the difference between a pro-rated amount of what he paid and the cruise line reimbursement.

Reimburse him with what?  She is getting 1/7 of $1,350, or $193.  The majority of the money paid is staying with Royal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Reimburse him with what?  She is getting 1/7 of $1,350, or $193.  The majority of the money paid is staying with Royal.

🙄 The poster benefited by having the boyfriend pay part of her fare. Seems to me that if he deserves a larger reimbursement, it is not the cruise line that should be out of pocket. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tbo said:

I'm in Kentucky and there are parts that are really bad with the snow-you know how it is when it snows here-everyone forgets how to drive. Heard about some pile ups on I64 around Winchester, if that's your neck of the woods.

I've enjoyed reading about your "adventure" and very happy you are back on US ground. Safe travels home!

We live in Eastern, KY.  We flew into Columbus, and what is normally a 2hr and 15min drive ended up taking us 3hr and 30min.  Slow and steady won that race.  If I didnt need to get back to work so bad we woulda just holed up in Columbus as the roads were not great, but I really just needed to get back to work.

We sang the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, and God Bless the USA, with a little Country Roads and My Old Kentucky home sprinkled in the whole way home.   Man, it feels food to be home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rimmit said:

We live in Eastern, KY.  We flew into Columbus, and what is normally a 2hr and 15min drive ended up taking us 3hr and 30min.  Slow and steady won that race.  If I didnt need to get back to work so bad we woulda just holed up in Columbus as the roads were not great, but I really just needed to get back to work.

We sang the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, and God Bless the USA, with a little Country Roads and My Old Kentucky home sprinkled in the whole way home.   Man, it feels food to be home.

Glad you made it home ok!

14 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

I can confirm your belief… they follow behind anyone moving to isolation…

I am on Allure and have been in isolation since Monday at 1:00 am… my move, as I mentioned in another post, was straight out of ET. The fogger - though necessary - gave me a good laugh… It has a distinctive sound. Whenever I hear it out in the hallway, I jump up and watch out the peephole as a get a new neighbor 🤓Thankfully, that hasn’t occurred all that much. 

You've been quarantined in an interior cabin for four straight days?

2 hours ago, spooky981 said:

You've been quarantined in an interior cabin for four straight days?

Not interior 🙂 I;m in an Oceanview!

Today is day 5… we disembark tomorrow! Can’t wait for some fresh air!

• Like 1

Just now, Donoiv11 said:

Not interior 🙂 I;m in an Oceanview!

Today is day 5… we disembark tomorrow! Can’t wait for some fresh air!

Their Healthy Sail program boasts about depositing you at the nearest port and then chartering a flight back for you. Your experience has me on the edge of cancellation. Being locked in there alone would be bad, but with two young kids it wouldn't be a survivable situation.

13 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

Their Healthy Sail program boasts about depositing you at the nearest port and then chartering a flight back for you. Your experience has me on the edge of cancellation. Being locked in there alone would be bad, but with two young kids it wouldn't be a survivable situation.

Don’t believe they have offloaded any passengers… rather, they are do their best to keep us comfortable. I certainly didn’t plan on being here by myself all week, but they have handled it really well. They check on my multiple times a day… room service 3 meals a day (or anything else I want to order), movies, internet, etc… I’d rather be here than in a hospital 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Donoiv11 said:

Don’t believe they have offloaded any passengers… rather, they are do their best to keep us comfortable. I certainly didn’t plan on being here by myself all week, but they have handled it really well. They check on my multiple times a day… room service 3 meals a day (or anything else I want to order), movies, internet, etc… I’d rather be here than in a hospital 🙂

My only ask would be a stronger set of rules around being vaccinated… require all onboard to be vaccinated. Period. Vacation isn’t a right… it’s not required… I love kids (I have one of my own), but it’s senseless to have folks onboard without protections.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Donoiv11 said:

How are they handling your trash?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Donoiv11 said:

Are you ill enough to think you need to be in a hospital?  Have they given you any medications?  

1 hour ago, spooky981 said:

Is it just you and two minor children cruising?  How long is the cruise?  If so, should any of the three of you test positive, I assume they will have to quarantine all three, even if two test negative (They can’t leave any young child unsupervised in quarantine or outside quarantine).  The longer the cruise, the longer the potential quarantine and the more likely somebody tests positive.  If the cruise is soon, I cancel citing “covid protocols” for a refund or reschedule citing CWC.  If cruises further out, you could wait to see the covid trend (perhaps while also considering a back up option)

2 hours ago, spooky981 said:

The language just says it will provide a private jet if needed. The footnote says it is dependent on availability and local regulations.

The passage contract says only that Royal will pay for medical care on board, land-based quarantine expenses, and the cost to get you home such as change fees for airlines.

With more people testing positive, it is likely that the private planes will be for medically necessary transport only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How are they handling your trash?

I have a roll of red trash bags… I fill one, tie it off and leave it outside my door. Fairly similar to your typical neighborhood trash service…

For dinner, they leave my food on a table outside my door… knock… and I pick it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Are you ill enough to think you need to be in a hospital?  Have they given you any medications?  

No, especially now. I am definitely on the mend. Just tired at this point… all else is gone. 

They gave my DayQuil and NyQuil… Acetaminophen, etc… They worked just fine for me, but the Dr. calls regularly and the nurses come by regularly to take my vitals… if necessary, they would have given me more. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

I have a roll of red trash bags… I fill one, tie it off and leave it outside my door. Fairly similar to your typical neighborhood trash service…

For dinner, they leave my food on a table outside my door… knock… and I pick it up.

Curious how timely the pick up is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Curious how timely the pick up is

I’m not sure if you are serious or not… pray tell, where are you going with this? I’ve been isolated for 5 days, so maybe I am a bit crazy, but the question is simply strange…

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

I’m not sure if you are serious or not… pray tell, where are you going with this? I’ve been isolated for 5 days, so maybe I am a bit crazy, but the question is simply strange…

A previous quarantined member said trash piled up outside 4 days. Honestly curious how they are taking care of your trash.

Do you put it in the hall and is it removed in a timely manner

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

A previous quarantined member said trash piled up outside 4 days. Honestly curious how they are taking care of your trash.

Do you put it in the hall and is it removed in a timely manner

Timely, yes, I put bags out a couple times a day (they are rather small, so the paper boxes from meals tend to fill them quickly) and the are gone pretty quickly. 

I can only speak for my own experience, but I’ve been in isolation for 5 days of 9 on the ship - so I have plenty of experience - but the crew has been great. They check on my frequently - Dr, nurse, room service, etc. “Hello, Mr. John, it’s me again!!” Says the kind voice at least twice a day from Guest Services. “Just checking on you to see if there is anything at all you may need.”  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

Timely, yes, I put bags out a couple times a day (they are rather small, so the paper boxes from meals tend to fill them quickly) and the are gone pretty quickly. 

I can only speak for my own experience, but I’ve been in isolation for 5 days of 9 on the ship - so I have plenty of experience - but the crew has been great. They check on my frequently - Dr, nurse, room service, etc. “Hello, Mr. John, it’s me again!!” Says the kind voice at least twice a day from Guest Services. “Just checking on you to see if there is anything at all you may need.”  

Glad you are being taken care of. Safe travels

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Glad you are being taken care of. Safe travels

Thanks… and just in case there are any questions about the bags - specifically “which shade of red is the bag?” - I thought I would send along a pic! Just finished dinner.  

2FB1094B-3326-44EF-ADB8-7A12F4A16403.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

It's because several of us isolated on Harmony complained about trash sitting in the hallways for days before it was picked up.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Donoiv11 said:

That's great.  We received no calls, no help, no direction.  Some of us had to resort to leaving the balcony door open just to illicit a call from guest services since they couldn't be reached.  The food was beyond subpar...cold and the worst room service.  I did get the main dining room for dinner once but that was cold too...

1 hour ago, Rosy Season said:

That's great.  We received no calls, no help, no direction.  Some of us had to resort to leaving the balcony door open just to illicit a call from guest services since they couldn't be reached.  The food was beyond subpar...cold and the worst room service.  I did get the main dining room for dinner once but that was cold too...

WoW! you got to quarantine / isolate in a balcony cabin.  What a deal, almost best I've heard.