Covid Isolation Protocols Changed

Razryn

16 minutes ago, D4 said:

If one person in a quarantined cabin does not have Covid (such as a parent with a sick child), it would be pretty gross to get drinking water from the bathroom sink that the sick person is also using.

Oh my, do you put your mouth on the faucet spout when you want a drink (especially when you are ill)?  I don’t snd I do not share space with anybody who does.   Personally, I’d use a glass or my refillable water bottle and my glass/ bottle does not touch the  spout. And the other person would have their own glass/bottle.  Not rocket science.  And if for “hours” I did not have a glass and I was really thirsty, I’d drink from my clean, cupped hands, still not touching the spout.  Not rocket science.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I guess they could open their mouth in the shower too.  But great, now do the trash in the halls.  Or no food.  Maybe the lack of communication for 48 hours...harping on ONE piece just because it's the one you can kind of shoot down is not helpful when there are so many other issues in the scenario.

IMG_0572.HEIC 1.77 MB · 14 downloads IMG_0573.HEIC 1.65 MB · 5 downloads

Well, if you want to open your mouth in the shower, nobody is apt to stop you.

You just do not need to exaggerate with claims of people having no water for hours.  And somebody who does not know cruise ship water is safe to drink might really think  those people risked dehydration.  Exaggerating one claim makes the others seem weaker not stronger.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

Maybe that's what it's supposed to be in the normal quarantine rooms but not us.  By the point in our cruise they were using the 6th floor and it seemed haphazardly put together.  I had a balcony room on 6.  He appears to be on 2 which is where the sick rooms are.  He's also on a different ship.

I think Harmony was overwhelmed and had to throw stuff together.  Some people didn't even have water for hours (we thankfully were given a whole box of Evian water).  It was chaos.

How is your Daughter feeling?

You were lucky to get the balcony cabin for your quarantine    That is my only fear of cruising right is being quarantined in an OV cabin or even worse an interior cabin.    

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How is your Daughter feeling?

You were lucky to get the balcony cabin for your quarantine    That is my only fear of cruising right is being quarantined in an OV cabin or even worse an interior cabin.    

Well, that's what we thought.  Until we got the nasty call from Guest Services telling us to shut our balcony door and come inside.  I had no idea they knew when balcony doors were open from downstairs.

But it became a way for us to force guest services to call us if we couldn't get through to them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Well, if you want to open your mouth in the shower, nobody is apt to stop you.

You just do not need to exaggerate with claims of people having no water for hours.  And somebody who does not know cruise ship water is safe to drink might really think  those people risked dehydration.  Exaggerating one claim makes the others seem weaker not stronger.

Like I said...fixate on one piece of the 1000 piece puzzle.  Just because you can't refute anything else.  

Should you want to discuss substance of any of the other multitude of problems with this situation then that's fine.  I'll no longer respond to the water situation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On the Oasis, I didn’t have any symptoms but they tested me anyway. It wasn’t actually even a choice, they just said you have to quarantine for 24 hours and then you’ll be tested. I was fine with this because I wanted to know if I had it.

i traveled with some other family members in a different cabin, but we dined together at one table. As soon as the boyfriend’s results came back as positive, there was an announcement for them to return to their room and dial guest services. They were given the same instructions to quarantine for 24 hours and then they would be tested.

33 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I guess they could open their mouth in the shower too.  But great, now do the trash in the halls.  Or no food.  Maybe the lack of communication for 48 hours...harping on ONE piece just because it's the one you can kind of shoot down is not helpful when there are so many other issues in the scenario.

IMG_0572.HEIC 1.77 MB · 31 downloads IMG_0573.HEIC 1.65 MB · 13 downloads

Oh the horror 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

IMG_0572.HEIC 1.77 MB · 33 downloads IMG_0573.HEIC 1.65 MB · 18 downloads

looks like photo 0572 had quite the slob just throwing their food containers around with no care on the floor.    Not everyone is neat, thats for sure.    

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Like I said...fixate on one piece of the 1000 piece puzzle.  Just because you can't refute anything else.  

Should you want to discuss substance of any of the other multitude of problems with this situation then that's fine.  I'll no longer respond to the water situation.

Good.  Just remember, you are the one who brought up the water situation, not I.  I assume many of your complaints have more substance than the water one.

I cannot see your photos.  

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

looks like photo 0572 had quite the slob just throwing their food containers around with no care on the floor.    Not everyone is neat, thats for sure.    

You know...this was like 3-4 days of garbage at this point.  It was smelly and gross.  We didn't have a choice but to throw it in the hall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Good.  Just remember, you are the one who brought up the water situation, not I.  I assume many of your complaints have more substance than the water one.

The water one wasn't even mine lol.  That was just something that I mentioned and you latched on like a wild animal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D4 said:

If one person in a quarantined cabin does not have Covid (such as a parent with a sick child), it would be pretty gross to get drinking water from the bathroom sink that the sick person is also using.

Have you heard of an invention called drinking glasses.     each person uses their own glass. 

It's not like you are sharing a water fountain.     

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

You are making a lot of assumptions.  I have been on a ship with a flu outbreak.  Both my DH and I got sick, along with many others on the ship.  The Captain made an announcement that there were passengers who were experiencing flu like symptoms and that anyone .who had symptoms should be checked out in the medical center FREE OF CHARGE.  We went, were tested, were positive, got meds and were then quarantined in our cabin.  We reviewed our charges and had almost a $1,000 in charges from the medical center.  We absolutely asked for that to be reversed as we were told we did not have to pay.  At the same time, we received FCC for the days we were quarantined.  We did get full c&a points for our sailing, even though we received a FCC.

Oh those freaking  C&A points....you would have thought they were a Golden Ticket at Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory.......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you heard of an invention called drinking glasses.     each person uses their own glass. 

It's not like you are showing a water fountain.     

Did they leave glasses in the room?  The video from the quarantine room from the other ship does not show any glasses or paper cups.  There was no ice bucket, no glasses on the vanity and none in the bathroom.  It would make sense that they removed anything like that which needed to be cleaned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was just addressing the comment on points, I couldn't care less about them.

I know wasn't really commenting on you But I know a 100 other people are going to wonder or ask, but after all this did you get your C&A points.....lol The biggest joke is those freakin points !!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did they leave glasses in the room?  The video from the quarantine room from the other ship does not show any glasses or paper cups.  There was no ice bucket, no glasses on the vanity and none in the bathroom.  It would make sense that they removed anything like that which needed to be cleaned.

There weren't any glasses.  They brought all of our food and drinks in cardboard.  Everything was disposable.  So unless you kept your cup you didn't have one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

There weren't any glasses.  They brought all of our food and drinks in cardboard.  Everything was disposable.  So unless you kept your cup you didn't have one.

We weren't given a case of water and they would only send us bottled water through room service if we paid for it, even though we had refreshment packages.  I know that packages don't include water delivered through room service but it should when you are quarantined.  I don't drink the ship's water usually as it causes my ankles to swell.  I do better with bottled spring water.  We had a stash of it in the cabin but ran out.  It just was hard when you wake up at 2am coughing and just want a cup of tea with lemon and honey to calm the cough and can't head to cafe promenade.  We learned to order a pot of hot water and a pot of coffee before bed just in case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Surprised you weren't called a bully...that was the standard call on the other '1/1000' puzzles pieces that were asked clarification on lol.

24 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

No point getting annoyed by them. These are just petty issues. I would imagine that they'll be complaining too, if it happened to them. 🙄

Do remember to get immediately tested to confirm your covid status. Documentation may be useful to prove that you were infected onboard. May be possible to get compensation from RCI for failure to honour their promises etc.

Should there by a class action lawsuit for negligence, you could claim for lost income and medical expenses.

BTW, has RCI made an official announcement about the number of cases onboard? Anyone? 

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  They haven't responded to anything on twitter either.  They don't have to publicly release those numbers either.  I know reporters that have reached out to me are trying to get info from RCCL as well but they're ignoring the media too.  It's all fishy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We weren't given a case of water and they would only send us bottled water through room service if we paid for it, even though we had refreshment packages.  I know that packages don't include water delivered through room service but it should when you are quarantined.  I don't drink the ship's water usually as it causes my ankles to swell.  I do better with bottled spring water.  We had a stash of it in the cabin but ran out.  It just was hard when you wake up at 2am coughing and just want a cup of tea with lemon and honey to calm the cough and can't head to cafe promenade.  We learned to order a pot of hot water and a pot of coffee before bed just in case.

Which ship were you on?

I have closely followed Rosy’s and Razryn’s posts. I’ve been outraged how RCI has neglected to follow through on the promises they made on how they would handle Covid cases.

I’m sure RCI was not prepared to handle a surge in cases and understand why there would be differences in the travel home arrangements for passengers.  

But the onboard handling of those passengers and post cruise quarantine  (including getting them to the hotel) should have been consistent.  There’s no reason why they didn’t have a step-by-step set of procedures to follow.  They should have given a similar list to those passengers so they’d know what to expect.  People shouldn’t need to beg for information.  The onboard handling should have been pretty consistent for all affected passengers on all Royal ships.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

That's unfortunate.

AIDA ended the cruise of an infected ship. The case numbers have been announced. Tested everyone and send the pax home. Preventing further infection. The crew are able to rest. Presumably, under lock down which should end their contagion. 👍

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2821520-aidanova-retained-in-lisbon-over-52-positive-covid-crew-cases/#comment-62394974

Some ships have community spread on consecutive cruises because the crew can't be lockdown while there are guests to serve. The same crew that's cleaning your staterooms etc. 

This is exactly it.  They need to shut it down if just to let the covid die out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Surprised you weren't called a bully...that was the standard call on the other '1/1000' puzzles pieces that were asked clarification on lol.

The funny part, bucfan2, is that I’m trying to suggest she strengthen her message by leaving out such extraneous stuff.  Repeating a silly second  hand complaint about lack of water dilutes rather than strengthens her message.  When one has serious issue, better to concentrate on the few strong core points and leave out the extraneous or more trivial 996 issues.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

The funny part, bucfan2, is that I’m trying to suggest she strengthen her message by leaving out such extraneous stuff.  Repeating a silly second  hand complaint about lack of water dilutes rather than strengthens her message.  When one has serious issue, better to concentrate on the few strong core points and leave out the extraneous or more trivial 996 issues.  

Still!  Lol.  There weren't even cups in the rooms.  But please beat the dead horse since you need to feel validated here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1