My Time Dining Change

shell55

I recently found out that MTD now starts at 6:45 instead of 6:00. Anyone know why they changed this? Does not make since to me. I would think for social distancing that they would be using the extra time slots not lessening them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shell55 said:

I recently found out that MTD now starts at 6:45 instead of 6:00. Anyone know why they changed this? Does not make since to me. I would think for social distancing that they would be using the extra time slots not lessening them.

Possibly they have too many scheduled for early dining and need the dining rooms to be cleared for MTD.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, shell55 said:

Liberty only uses one room for early and late and in between squeezes in anytime. Stinks to me.

I didnt realize how limited it was until I got onboard. Usually ate in WJ so didnt want a set time.

The other room upstairs was for unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, shell55 said:

We're doing a B2B Caribbean cruise on the EOS 13 and 20 March 2022. I was able to reserve 6:00 PM for MTD every night for both legs in my CP. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrSea said:

I had the any time dining, and now I am assigned 5:30. Is there anything I can do?

Do you have kids or otherwise unvaccinated people in your party? MTD can only be reserved for vaccinated guests because of where they seat people.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

Do you have kids or otherwise unvaccinated people in your party? MTD can only be reserved for vaccinated guests because of where they seat people.

No kids. We are all vaccinated. I will have to reach out to RCI and figure this out. The hold times are ridiculous though

11 minutes ago, DrSea said:

No kids. We are all vaccinated. I will have to reach out to RCI and figure this out. The hold times are ridiculous though

Are you able to modify or select a different time using the RC app and dining selection?  For our cruise I found using the app very handy, especially on nights I'd booked specialty dining and wanted to cancel MTD.

Hope it works out favorably for you.

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Explorer...

I just checked and now the earliest you can now reserve MTD is 7:15. I reserved MTD on 2 December 2020 when I did the L&S for both legs.

Reservations made 13 months ago may  or may not reflect the current MTD operating hours on that ship.

15 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Reservations made 13 months ago may  or may not reflect the current MTD operating hours on that ship.

No kidding. That's nothing new. I even posted that. My order history still shows 6:00 PM for each night for both legs. Like always once onboard we'll head to the MDR for MTD seating and pick out our table and verify our MTD reservation dining times.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1