When ordering drinks delivered to room on Ocean Now app is it necessary to tip when you have Princess Plus? If so how much?

rwilk1129

7 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Now I wonder how much the staff get for drink related tips under princess plus and whether I should tweak that next time

By buying the PP package you gave prepaid both the autotips,  and the 18% service charge on your drinks, so no need to tip any extra at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Don, you seem to overlook the fact that the bartender/server not only has to do the pour (and perhaps mix something), but has to deliver it to the OP's cabin.  18% is fine for a bartender or cocktail waitress in the lounge of the bar, but for delivery to the cabin, I don't consider it adequate.  [I don't think delivery to the cabin is part of the PBP, but that is what the OP specified.]

I'm not against tipping extra but only when I feel it's necessary.

The guys who make deliveries to the cabin do get a percentage of your daily tip.

I'm not sure if they get anything extra of that 18% but why should we have to feel obligated to tip for them doing a job that they were hired for unless they did something extra in bringing your order?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not against tipping extra but only when I feel it's necessary.

The guys who make deliveries to the cabin do get a percentage of your daily tip.

I'm not sure if they get anything extra of that 18% but why should we have to feel obligated to tip for them doing a job that they were hired for unless they did something extra in bringing your order?

Exactly - they walk to your cabin and give you your drink. That is what they  are paid to do, and they share in the tip pool as well. How does walking to your cabin  deserve an additional tip ?

When we have food and drinks delivered to our cabin, we have always tipped and continue to do so.  However, there is nothing left to sign and leave a tip so we keep some singles and fives in our drawer for room service tips.  They now always seem surprised to get the tip, though.  
I’m not sure it is expected as before.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

By buying the PP package you gave prepaid both the autotips,  and the 18% service charge on your drinks, so no need to tip any extra at all.

Yeah but the adder the voljeep brought in that I was speaking to was that now the alcohol portion of the PP is significantly lower than it was back when the package was a stand alone. This would result in a significantly lower $ amount on the same 18%.  Quick math suggests that the prepaid tips under PP are somewhere around $4/day vs originally $12/day.   If that's true, to me that's unacceptably low.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Yeah but the adder the voljeep brought in that I was speaking to was that now the alcohol portion of the PP is significantly lower than it was back when the package was a stand alone. This would result in a significantly lower $ amount on the same 18%.  Quick math suggests that the prepaid tips under PP are somewhere around $4/day vs originally $12/day.   If that's true, to me that's unacceptably low.

But the 18% service charge based on the full value of the drink you ordered, could still be added in the tip calculation process. So the fact that you have a package is irrelevant.

Lets face it, we dont really know how it works !

It is ok for you to tip additional if you choose to, but it is also ok not to.  Tipping is included in almost everything you purchase and of course there is the auto tip/crew incentive.  Let's not debate tipping.  Let's just agree that we all enjoy cruising and we all have different likes and dislikes and that is ok.  

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

But the 18% service charge based on the full value of the drink you ordered, could still be added in the tip calculation process. So the fact that you have a package is irrelevant.

Lets face it, we dont really know how it works !

Yeah, I get it, we don't necessarily know, but I'm pretty confident Princess isn't tipping the crew per drink independent of what the guest has paid in their package.  It used to be very blatantly $10.80/day in tips (18% of the $60/day package).  Now the beverage package is buried in the PP and I'm definitely suspicious that the bar crew takes a hit compared to that original setup.  hopefully they've made it work somehow and kept the crew whole, or at least not as extreme as dropping to $4/day as was postulated.  Not a huge deal...by any measure tips are absolutely included and it's up to the individual cruiser what they do....I just personally like to dig a little deeper on how it's allocated if I can.