Barbados excursion recommendations

Smhp

I (hopefully) will be in Barbados in early February and is hoping anyone that has been recently can share who they did their gov't approved shore excursions with? None of the RCI are jumping out at me and I want to see what the other options are. 

Edited by Smhp

We have done the Calabaza Catamaran sail / snorkeling twice and loved it. Limited to 12 passengers, all-inclusive, great food & drinks. I’m not sure if it is gov’t approved, but if so, definitely a great option.

Get a day pass to the Barbados Hilton.   They grant you access to the hotel's pool, beach, and other amenities, plus lunch.   It's a great place to spend the day since the pool is nice and the beach is outstanding for swimming.

3 hours ago, Smhp said:

I (hopefully) will be in Barbados in early February and is hoping anyone that has been recently can share who they did their gov't approved shore excursions with? None of the RCI are jumping out at me and I want to see what the other options are. 

Also for additional info and if you haven't done so ask on your Roll Call and the Ports Of Call forum.

13 minutes ago, Sosai X said:

Get a day pass to the Barbados Hilton.   They grant you access to the hotel's pool, beach, and other amenities, plus lunch.   It's a great place to spend the day since the pool is nice and the beach is outstanding for swimming.

Spent a week there 5 years ago, very nice.  Don't forget a fish sandwich at Cuz's Shack nearby 🙂

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

We have done the Calabaza Catamaran sail / snorkeling twice and loved it. Limited to 12 passengers, all-inclusive, great food & drinks. I’m not sure if it is gov’t approved, but if so, definitely a great option.

A "two thumbs up" for Calabaza! They are excellent! If you can, do it!!!

2 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

When we were there a few years ago we did the George Washington House and The Garrison Tunnels tour. We thought it was great. 

This is the main thing we want to do but currently in Barbados to leave port area you must take an excursion (RCI or gov't approved). There is a RCI tour to GW house but it is only 2 hours and is from 11-1 so it is impossible to book another excursion before or after. I am curious who the gov't approved tour companies even are and what tour options they have. We would like to see more of the island than the ride to and from the GW house.

IMG_0154.thumb.jpg.9bbabc36bb1152711ec42a296954418e.jpgWe booked through Viator. Harrison's Caves, the Wildlife Park and Scenic Coastline. The caves are interesting. The wildlife park, because I really wanted to see their Argentinian Marra. Kind of a run-down place, and he was the only one they had left, and is probably gone by now. The coastline is pretty. And Harbour Lights is a great beach bar. :classic_biggrin: And I don't know if Viator is gov't approved or not. You would have to look at their website. 

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Smhp said:

Sorry, don’t know the existence of a government approved listing, but know there are companies that the Barbados Tourist Board will only use.  Contact them direct for details.

https://corporate.visitbarbados.org/contact-us/