For those who have tested at CVS - a couple of questions

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

They charged my insurance company around $137 for the test and the insurance company paid. 

Way overpriced IMHO.

Had a private lab PCR test with same day results for $85.  Had symptoms for a week and wanted to know if I had covid or a cold.  Turns out it was just a cold.

And if you don't have insurance CVS will be reimbursed by the feds. They are being compensated well for the services they are providing,  just in case anyone thought otherwise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Have Walgreens pulled all appointments after 1/15??? Nothing showing up to book anywhere? 

The Walgreens in my area (Charlotte) only open appointments 3 days ahead.  CVS is 2 weeks out but Walgreens has always been much shorter in my area.

5 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

The Walgreens in my area (Charlotte) only open appointments 3 days ahead.  CVS is 2 weeks out but Walgreens has always been much shorter in my area.

I’ve been watching the branch I want every day and it opens up exactly 7 days in advance… yesterday it was up to 1/19 with every timeslot available….and slots available on the preceding days too: but now there is nothing in any location  I’ve checked ( Tampa Sarasota port Charlotte Venice Naples …. Etc etc) and the calendar shows to 1/16… so something has definitely been removed! 

Edited by little britain

On 1/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, handbellplayer said:

I have made appointments at CVS for our pre-cruise COVID test (rapid antigen) for two weeks from yesterday.  I know mileage may vary, but in general:  1) How long did the test itself take (waiting an testing) and 2) how long did you wait for results?  We are on a tight schedule that day and need to plan accordingly.

I have purchased the home tests as a backup.  Should I make appointments at Walgreen's in case CVS cancels?  Am I overthinking and overplanning? 😁

I make it a point to have THREE appointments (9AM, 11:30AM, & 2:00PM), at different places, on COVID testing day. I cancel the backup tests as soon as I have test results in hand.

2 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

I make it a point to have THREE appointments (9AM, 11:30AM, & 2:00PM), at different places, on COVID testing day. I cancel the backup tests as soon as I have test results in hand.

No wonder people keep posting about difficulties making appointments.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’ve been watching the branch I want every day and it opens up exactly 7 days in advance… yesterday it was up to 1/19 with every timeslot available….and slots available on the preceding days too: but now there is nothing in any location  I’ve checked ( Tampa Sarasota port Charlotte Venice Naples …. Etc etc) and the calendar shows to 1/16… so something has definitely been removed! 

I am checking for appointment slots in advance of our travel date.  I just noticed this morning that all Walgreens in my town and even those in the city are either indicating no appointments available for the next three days or very few.  No longer an option to schedule an antigen test seven days hence.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, logan25 said:

I am checking for appointment slots in advance of our travel date.  I just noticed this morning that all Walgreens in my town and even those in the city are either indicating no appointments available for the next three days or very few.  No longer an option to schedule an antigen test seven days hence.

I am seeing no appointments at all up to the 16th and nothing after that

6 minutes ago, Coachpoz said:

Same.  Certainly enough feedback from various posters that the system change was global.

Edited by logan25

1 hour ago, Coachpoz said:

This is what happens when I try to make a future appointment.

Only date up to 16th shows up then I click on

select more dates.

A 14 day calendar appears.

It shows no openings.

Click on more locations.

I then get a few stores near me.

Each time I selected a day I had to select "more locations"

I am watching this regularly in the AM for the date I want to come up.

This is certainly a pain.

5 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

select more dates.

It shows no openings.

Click on more locations.

Yes I am starting to get worried

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

select more dates.

It shows no openings.

Click on more locations.

But can you see any appointments past 16th? 

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

But can you see any appointments past 16th? 

I had to select each day & scroll down if none I then selected show more locations then some later dates toward the end of that 14 day calendar would scroll down select different locations each time  then you have to select appointments

Edited by Lorey2007

We have tested @ CVS and Walgreens for 2 different cruises. Our middle son had to have a test to return to college. We live in the Greenville, SC area and found both companies to be fairly easy to schedule and work with except when we needed a test on 12/31 for our 1/2 departure. CVS did not make appointments for that day. We were concerned until my wife made all four of us (our 18 and 21 year old sons who were also going on this cruise prior to returning to college) appointments at a small Walgreens in Greenville. Out appointments were (9:45, 10:00, 10:15 and 10:30). These were done in drive-thru line. We arrived at around 9:35. Started the first test at 9:42 and were driving away at 9:50. Amazing experience.

When my wife and I  tested at 2 different (proximity to our work locations) CVS locations, they used the parking lot type buildings where you park in a spot and they call you in. These were both very efficient, taking about 10 minutes each from arrival in the lot to driving away.

The results for our 4 Walgreen's test started coming in about 30 minutes and came to each of our phones in the order that we took the tests one after another in about 1/2 increments. It is kind of an anxious feeling waiting on the results especially when there are four of you with 2 being college age kids home on Christmas break and doing lots of socially with various friend groups.

Great trip on the Odyssey of the Seas on their 1/2/22 sailing.

Our 11/5 3 day sailing on the Independence was great, also.

• Like 1

What is soooo annoying is you have to complete all the info each time.

I found some random places in deepest darkest FL that said they had limited availability but when I got to the end, it was only showing up to 1/16 still… 

If enough people complain via Twitter etc they may acknowledge there is a problem. 
On the upside - no one else has been able to book for the day I want either!

We were in the parking lot, and the phone rang about 5 minutes before our appointment to mak sude we were there. Called in to a room at the time, did the test, and was told we'd hear by phone within 15 minutes, which we were, and in abut 30 minutes we both got our e-mail confirming negative. Very easy and professional.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We were in the parking lot, and the phone rang about 5 minutes before our appointment to mak sude we were there. Called in to a room at the time, did the test, and was told we'd hear by phone within 15 minutes, which we were, and in abut 30 minutes we both got our e-mail confirming negative. Very easy and professional.

Was this CVS?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No wonder people keep posting about difficulties making appointments.

Kind of like a Covid version of chair hogs.  But worse because there are currently so many sick people needing testing but can’t find openings for days.  I can’t believe people even openly disclose doing this.  It just seems so wrong and it’s unfortunate that they don’t set up their IT systems to stop it from happening.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

If someone is sick I don't think they are making a appointment 14 days out.

No, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to get an appointment for a day that someone else double or triple booked 13 days previously. 

• Like 2

CVS online won't let you double book appts. We found one (location) with an earlier time of day and when trying to schedule it prompted to cancel the one at the original location before it would process it. Just hoping it all works out for our test on Saturday to sail on Monday.