For those who have tested at CVS - a couple of questions

22 hours ago, Ashland said:

We had an amazing cruise. Had an 11:30am check in got there about noon... had to show our vaccination card and covid pre-cruise test before even walking into the terminal... checked in and were walking onto the ship in just a few minutes...no lines anywhere.

Ship was spotless and everyone was masked and following policy. We had 1100 on our cruise and there was staff everywhere...they couldn't do enough for you.

We felt absolutely safe at all our port stops around the locals...their taking this seriously also and seem so glad to have the cruise ships back. Several restaurants even did temp checks and hand sanitizer flowed everywhere !!! 

We self disembarked at 7:50am (our choice) and again were at our car in the parking lot in less than a few minutes.

So happy we booked this cruise !!!

Glad you had a great experience and got home safely.  Totally agree with all your positive comments. We are still on the ship and it all still applies. Staff has been so helpful and kind.  We are returning in May.  

Rite-Aid and Walgreens still have the travel questions if anyone would rather use either of them instead. I actually scheduled tests for Rite-Aid for the morning of the day we leave just in case something happens with CVS the day before we leave. Too much on the line to take any chances. Then I'll cancel the Rite-aid once we our results in hand from CVS.

8 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Rite-Aid and Walgreens still have the travel questions if anyone would rather use either of them instead. I actually scheduled tests for Rite-Aid for the morning of the day we leave just in case something happens with CVS the day before we leave. Too much on the line to take any chances. Then I'll cancel the Rite-aid once we our results in hand from CVS.

Does your Rite Aid have rapid tests?   All the ones around me only have the PCR which can take days.

44 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Scheduled a test today at Walgreens for my son for a return to work & didn’t see any travel questions 🤷‍♀️

Edited by poocher

From Walgreens website
Available tests
  • Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR)Results time varies†
  • Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)Results in less than 24 hours
  • Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW)Results in as little as 1 hour
Learn more about the types of tests
3. Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because you have either recently returned from travel or are planning on traveling soon?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:40 AM, whyrlygig said:

Each and every time we have tried to schedule a test at CVS (3 different locations) they cancel the appt the day before.  We gave up and have been using home tests instead.  

Trouble in N TX too. Got to the drive-up window (after waiting in line of cars with sick grandchild)  and was told no tests today.

Edited by Etta1213

Can a 10 yr old take the same rapid antigen test as an adult?  My son (adult), granddaughter (10) & I are not cruising until June but I am a planner.  I like to know the answers to any questions that might pop up as far in advance as I can.

On my cruise in October I just used the emed test.  I couldn't find any CVS or Walgreens in the state for testing.

4 minutes ago, PTAngel said:

Can a 10 yr old take the same rapid antigen test as an adult?  My son (adult), granddaughter (10) & I are not cruising until June but I am a planner.  I like to know the answers to any questions that might pop up as far in advance as I can.

Sure, the tests are not age dependent like the vaccines are.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ashland said:

CVS didn't call...we got a text reminder for our appointments.

I was able to make our appointments at a CVS near our house for next week. When I made them I don't think I used our middle names. Is it required to match your passport? If so can I have CVS add them when we go for the appointment?  This sure has caused a lot of stress and a lot of extra work. Can't wait to just get on this cruise.

Thanks for all your help and for all the information about your Navigator cruise.

Edited by Lorey2007

On 1/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, micruiser2002 said:

We have also had limited availability here in MI but luckily the location just 2 miles from me has had appointments available 2 weeks out for weeks now.  I have the home tests also but I like to have other options as back up.  I will get up early take the home test and if all goes well then cancel the other test.

I thought I was doing a multi quote but I guess I didn't do it right.😳

I was able to make our appointments at a CVS in Wyandotte near our house for next week. When I made them I don't think I used our middle names. Is it required to match your passport? If so can I have CVS add them when we go for the appointment?  This sure has caused a lot of stress and a lot of extra work. Can't wait to just get on this cruise.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by Lorey2007

3 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I thought I was doing a multi quote but I guess I didn't do it right.😳

I was able to make our appointments at a CVS in Wyandotte near our house for next week. When I made them I don't think I used our middle names. Is it required to match your passport? If so can I have CVS add them when we go for the appointment?  This sure has caused a lot of stress and a lot of extra work. Can't wait to just get on this cruise.

Thanks for all your help.

I just checked the test I took in November for a cruise and I did not have my middle initial or name on my results and they were fine.  You can always see if CVS can just add it to be sure.  I am doing the At home one tonight after midnight and from what I understand the company that proctors the test does not even have a place for middle name.

16 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I just checked the test I took in November for a cruise and I did not have my middle initial or name on my results and they were fine.  You can always see if CVS can just add it to be sure.  I am doing the At home one tonight after midnight and from what I understand the company that proctors the test does not even have a place for middle name.

I did get the Emed test for backup. I either read or saw a youtube where emed made someone update their name with the middle name included because it didn't match their passport.  When I signed up with Navica I put our middle names in. I don't believe there was a space for them I just put first and middle name on the first line.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Lorey2007

17 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I did get the Emed test for backup. I either read or saw a youtube where emed made someone update their name with the middle name included because it didn't match their passport.  When I signed up with Navica I put our middle names in. I don't believe there was a space for them I just put first and middle name on the first line.

Have a great cruise.

I just checked my profile on the Navica app and there is no spot for a middle name.  I just checked the Navica website and it doesn't have a spot either.  I created my profile through Navica and I think that is the difference.

Edited by micruiser2002

I just checked on the Emed website and there is not spot for middle name there either.  I had read of someone having an issue but then when they called support they said it was not an issue because they do not even take the middle name.  It might have been a rep that just didn't know.  The person started again and had no problems.

4 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Have a great cruise.

I just finished and had no issues with no middle name.  I am good to go for Sunday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I was able to make our appointments at a CVS near our house for next week. When I made them I don't think I used our middle names. Is it required to match your passport? If so can I have CVS add them when we go for the appointment?  This sure has caused a lot of stress and a lot of extra work. Can't wait to just get on this cruise.

Thanks for all your help and for all the information about your Navigator cruise.

No middle name necessary to match your passport using CVS and their print out results...just your first and last name and date of birth....etc.

Please stop the stressing out...I did it enough for the two of us prior to our Navigator cruise.

Enjoy..you'll see how easy this all ended up being.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:03 PM, PTAngel said:

On my cruise in October I just used the emed test.  I couldn't find any CVS or Walgreens in the state for testing.

It depends.

If the 10 year kid is fully vaccinated then yes the antigen test is fine.

If they aren't vaccinated then they need to take the PCR test no more than 3 days before sailing but not on the day of sailing.  At the pier they will also be given a complimentary antigen test,

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

No middle name necessary to match your passport using CVS and their print out results...just your first and last name and date of birth....etc.

Please stop the stressing out...I did it enough for the two of us prior to our Navigator cruise.

Enjoy..you'll see how easy this all ended up being.

Thanks again next I'm worrying about the weather since we're  flying from Michigan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

bon voyage!

That's great to hear...enjoy !!!

Now my next stress out is managing all this for March and San Juan.....my pre-cruise days are creating a bit of a timing issue and the possibility of trying to do a proctored test.