In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

A big thank you to Parkerson for starting this thread.  It's a great help to see things from the inside.  I'm so sorry you got this horrible virus and had to be quarantined.  I wish you a speedy recovery and no lasting symptoms.

Thank you also to Mojo65, dollyd and Barb1403 for your comments.  I hope you all recover quickly too.  I will be especially interested Mojo65 in your trip home and what happens at the Canadian border.

I would also like to know where your headache was dollyd and if you still have it.

still have the headache and its mostly in the front.... thinking maybe its from all the unanswered calls and questions and huge disappointment with Celebrity in how they are leaving us in the dark. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

latest update after testing positive and being forgotten about for 2 days now.... we have been begging... I mean begging for someone to talk to us and give us some info... maybe some medical attention and maybe my husbands results. OMG I would never have believed this if I weren't living it right now. God I pray that we make it through this.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, dollyd said:

latest update after testing positive and being forgotten about for 2 days now.... we have been begging... I mean begging for someone to talk to us and give us some info... maybe some medical attention and maybe my husbands results. OMG I would never have believed this if I weren't living it right now. God I pray that we make it through this.

As for test results, what happens if you call Medical?  Seems worth a try.

Parkerson can you please call me at cabin 8197 and share some info with me... we are very distressed and can't get any staff to answer our calls.

Edited by dollyd

Just now, canderson said:

As for test results, what happens if you call Medical?  Seems worth a try.

we have been calling all day and cant get them to pick up... I finally stuck my head in the hallway and called the room attendant and they brought their supervisor... they promised to get someone to talk to us and that was several hours ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dollyd said:

we have been calling all day and cant get them to pick up... I finally stuck my head in the hallway and called the room attendant and they brought their supervisor... they promised to get someone to talk to us and that was several hours ago

Wow. Sorry to hear what you're going through. 😞

2 minutes ago, dollyd said:

2 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Wow, that is unreal!!!! Sounds like they need to check on you all and give you some answers for sure.

I hope you both are okay and get home safely.  We're supposed to go out on the 9th Edge, and i'm feeling we may reconsider.

-Sunny

finally just got a call from medical and its 8pm... they said they are coming to take me for further tests and address a UTI that I reported first thing this morning. I will update when I have more info. Still no results on husbands covid test.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, dollyd said:

I'm so sorry you are going through this.  It sounds like they are seriously overwhelmed.  Hoping they give you news soon since you will all be off the ship tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Sunny Pearl said:

Wow, that is unreal!!!! Sounds like they need to check on you all and give you some answers for sure.

I hope you both are okay and get home safely.  We're supposed to go out on the 9th Edge, and i'm feeling we may reconsider.

-Sunny

This cruisecritic post has been a lifeline for 2 days... thank you everyone. Tears and worry ... I just want to get home.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Parkerson can you please call me at cabin 8197 and share some info with me... we are very distressed and can't get any staff to answer our calls.

I got guest services on the line and told them they need to call you immediately!  Hoping that happens now. 

Edited by Parkerson
Spelling
  • Like 13

8 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

I got guest services on the line and told them they need to call you immediately!  Hoping that happens now. 

Wow.. .I don't know how you did that... they just called and my husband was so flustered

• Like 9

This is inexcusable, dollyd.  Aren't you lucky to have Parkerson on board!  You shouldn't have to rely on another passenger to help you out.  Please get help for your UTI immediately.  In the meantime, drink lots of water.  You probably know this.

I'm not being nosy, but I see Orlando as a residence.  i hope you are able to go there after you disembark instead of all the way to Nove Scotia and having to deal with border people.  All the best to you both.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, carmenOH said:

Not going to sleep well tonight after reading this thread. My wife and I are flying to FLL at 530am with my 85 year old mother to jump on the Equinox for a 6 night cruise.

Praying for you all in quarantine.

Godspeed. Please be safe. 

• Like 4

Finally after two days I am in medical. Just got husbands results back he tested negative however after being quarantined in the cabin with me for two days I’m sure he’s infected now.

2DE2DDC1-3451-4AD9-8E6C-4C961C003342.jpeg

• Like 7

Thank you to Parkerson I’m sure it’s your car that made a difference. I will update when I’m out of here.

So relieved that you’re finally being evaluated by medical! I hope they give you something for the UTI. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dollyd said:

Question... do you think they will upgrade us to the faster internet so we can watch something or contact our family? If so how would I go about asking and setting it up? We can't seem to get guest relations to answer the phone at all.

I doubt they will be upgrading Internet packages as you already have internet (albeit slow) but you can do so yourself either before or during the cruise.  In the past if there was a change in missed ports the Guest Relation's department would allow you to make calls gratis and sometimes they offered free internet for a couple hours  for those without packages to change plans.

Thank you to Parkerson I’m sure it’s your car that made a difference. I will update when I’m out of here.

I wonder if while in Medical you can find out how many people on board are positive now, and if the number is more than they can handle at the moment?  There must be some reason for the ship being so unresponsive to you.  Wishing the best for you and your fellow passengers going thru this.  

You’re so welcome. I just sat on hold until I got an ear and then filled it. 

You and yours had a similar timeline as ours, but your clock was shorter than ours and you needed help asap. 

Glad you’re getting looked after. 

I have zero status or pull on this cruise line. It’s just about treating people right. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3