FCC not accepted??

jojo1966

Trying to apply an FCC with a use by date of 31st May 22 for sailings up to 31st December 22 - to our Beyond booking departing 4th December 2022 - and getting the message that says "  Your selected sailing date is not eligible for certificate redemption." 

Do you think this is just a glitch in the system or might there be a reason I'm not aware of???

Thanks

I just canceled a cruise this past week with my TA and booked with X for the new cruise. I used FCC for part of it. Initially, they could not find my FCC but the woman was very helpful and took the time to locate it and called me back promptly.

I was to travel by Oct 22, but they extended it for a Nov 22 cruise.

My suggestion would be to call them and provide your FCC# etc. I was very surprised at the excellent service I received from X. My TA from Amex is never around now because they all work remotely and I am always getting a new one after having same one for over 10 yrs.

Good Luck

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Cruises on Beyond do not qualify for CWC. That part is very clear. What's not so clear is if that excludes applying a CWC FCC to a Beyond sailing. Depending on how you interpret the policy that appears to be the case. 

oh no....i bet that is what it will be then - i did go through the FAQs for using FCC and couldnt see anything that said it couldnt be used on Beyond sailings so will definately be arguing with them if they say that. we only booked the cruise to use up the remaining FCCs we had got from all the cancelled cruises so will be annoyed if we cant use them

19 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Cruises on Beyond do not qualify for CWC. That part is very clear. What's not so clear is if that excludes applying a CWC FCC to a Beyond sailing. Depending on how you interpret the policy that appears to be the case. 

also - our FCCs havent arisen due to the CWC policy - they were issued due to Celebrity's Global Suspension and the Beyond issue seems only to apply to the CWC - which ours isnt....hmmm.....i sense a big argument coming up with them

Say it isn't so.....

When we  booked BEYOND for Nov 2022, we were assured our FCC would be accepted.  Falls within all the requirements including date of booking and final deadline to use the FCC. They even wrote down our fcc nos,,althought they  did not apply them yet.  I' ll be  calling Monday to re confirm this info and ask for some type of written okay.

Our fccs were from a cruise we cancelled on Summit under the original CWC offer at the beginning of Covid. We received 50% cash and 50% fcc. We already lost money b/c  that program  did not cover X cruise ins and a few other items we had already paid. Should have waited a bit longer b/c X cancelled the cruise.

. We  just  reserved a pre cruise hotel and airline tix ( both refundable) and are lookIng foward to BEYOND.

I' ll be  calling Monday to re confirm we can use our fcc,  and ask for some type of written okay.

Hopefully  all will be well b/c  our fcc  exp date  is approaching and the short cruise is perfect,  If not applicable,  that would likely be the end of the road for our fcc and cruising with  X,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jojo1966 said:

Trying to apply an FCC with a use by date of 31st May 22 for sailings up to 31st December 22 - to our Beyond booking departing 4th December 2022 - and getting the message that says "  Your selected sailing date is not eligible for certificate redemption." 

Do you think this is just a glitch in the system or might there be a reason I'm not aware of???

Thanks

Applicability

• All existing bookings and new bookings made by January 31, 2022 will qualify for the Best Offer Guarantee and the ability to cancel in exchange for a Future Cruise Credit, 48 Hours Prior to Sailing.
  • For guests who have booked refundable airfare through Flights by Celebrity and wish to modify their sailing date, Celebrity Cruises will handle all re-accommodations and waive change fees.
  • Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.
  • The Cruise With Confidence program does not apply to Celebrity Beyond or any chartered sailings.
  • The Cruise With Confidence program does not apply to chartered sailings.

The way that is written I take it to say bookings on the Beyond do not have the 48 hour cancellation benefit or the Best Offer Guarantee.   I don’t see anything there that would say a FCC can not be applied to a sailing on the Beyond.

• Like 2

I canceled my 2/21/22 cruise and plan when I get my $6200 FCC to use it on my already booked 8/8/22 Beyond cruise out of Rome. I read the CWC exclusion to mean the Beyond cannot he canceled with those terms; 48 hours cancellation snd full FCC. I see absolutely nothing to prohibit any FCC to  balances due on those cruises, contrary when I canceled Celebrity customer service said I could apply when received the FCC to either my 8/8 Beyobd cruise or my 2/18/23 Equinox cruise.

• Like 1

just to update on this - i messaged the UK chat on Facebook simply saying that i didn't seem to be able to apply my FCCs and gave them the booking reference i wanted them applying to - had a response this morning apologising and saying that they have now been applied - checked my online account and the outstanding balance has been reduced so all good !

• Like 3