Table size in main dining room

Merly

Can anyone tell me the largest table in the main dining room on Sky Princess please. We will be a party of 11. I would prefer a table of 5 and a table of 6 but some in our party would like us all to be on one table. Is this possible?  

23 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

10 is usually the largest I've seen on other ships.

You can't converse with every one anyway so 2 tables would be a better option & let people switch each night as desired. 

That’s what I prefer.  

21 minutes ago, Merly said:

Can anyone tell me the largest table in the main dining room on Sky Princess please. We will be a party of 11. I would prefer a table of 5 and a table of 6 but some in our party would like us all to be on one table. Is this possible?  

Yes, a larger table (think it was 16) in Grills on Cunard, but it came with a ‘Carpenter’ fee.

The table is still on the QE.  One could ask for it to be transferred or just agree to pay woodworking fee on Princess.  Speak with Princess.

16 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Yes, a larger table (think it was 16) in Grills on Cunard, but it came with a ‘Carpenter’ fee.

The table is still on the QE.  One could ask for it to be transferred or just agree to pay woodworking fee on Princess.  Speak with Princess.

Whaaat?  Are you saying that they actually "built" a custom table?

Largest usually 10, but probably could squeeze 11. Would not recommend. Tight sitting, slower service, and conversation is only between adjacent sitters. Word about service. 1st course served. 2nd isn't served until entire table completes 1st course and is bussed. So on with all courses. One slow eater slows the entire table.

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Whaaat?  Are you saying that they actually "built" a custom table?

Correct.  However, not a full table, but two off matching removable tops, to sit on two large tables placed end to end.  The family loved the experience and been given to understand the gratuities were large, even for the Grills.

7 hours ago, Merly said:

For years we were a group of ten traveling and always got a table for ten.  Some of the real downsides. A.  Meals took 3 hours so people missed shows at night.  B.  Servers were not on top of things.  After a few days eating ten to a table had to stop.

16 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

On a previous cruise, on another line, the staff made a large table by putting a sheet of wood across two smaller ones to join them. This resulted in different levels. It was awful and this is what I want to avoid. Will have to persuade the group that a 5 and a 6 is best. 

46 minutes ago, Merly said:

On a previous cruise, on another line, the staff made a large table by putting a sheet of wood across two smaller ones to join them. This resulted in different levels. It was awful and this is what I want to avoid. Will have to persuade the group that a 5 and a 6 is best. 

Personally, to have a special group experience, one would ask the question of Princess and if needed, agree to pay the carpenter’s fee.  Then, having made the tops once, they will be there for all one’s future cruises on the Sky.

8 hours ago, Merly said:

Agree, and you can switch around each evening.

• Like 1