Positive Covid Test. Cruise a no-go.

trixiee

But, I called HAL several times yesterday and today with no answer -offices are closed.  Need I be worried about a FCC or refund at this point?  
I booked through my PCC who also is off until tomorrow.  
I don’t feel so hot, and would just like to be able to relax, get better and not worry…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well.

You may want to send an email just so you have documentation that you tried to make contact.

I agree.  I would make it obvious as possible in the subject line as well what the email is about so it gets looked at more quickly possibly.  I can’t believe hal is closed again today.  Is the chat functional? 

op I’m sorry you have to cancel.  Feel better soon.

Since  you booked through your PCC, they will want the cancellation to go through your PCC.  That is what they told me when I broke my hip during New Year's weekend in 2016/17.   I did send an email and all was handled.  I also called and left messages so it was obvious I had tried to cancel the cruise.  It all worked out for me and I'm sure HAL will work with you on this.   

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Trixiee,

We were supposed to be on the Koningsdam today as well.  I tested positive (no symptoms) on Friday. We made multiple calls and got the same results. What did work for us was to go into the Navigator and change our answers to the Health questionnaire. That brought up a page that said we might not be able to get on the ship and we should call 206-626-3808. Someone did answer yesterday and took care of everything.

I hope that helps and I hope you are feeling better soon. 
Susan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sues4303 said:

Hi Trixiee,

We were supposed to be on the Koningsdam today as well.  I tested positive (no symptoms) on Friday. We made multiple calls and got the same results. What did work for us was to go into the Navigator and change our answers to the Health questionnaire. That brought up a page that said we might not be able to get on the ship and we should call 206-626-3808. Someone did answer yesterday and took care of everything.

I hope that helps and I hope you are feeling better soon. 
Susan

That was a great idea to do that!  Sorry you weren’t able to do your cruise.  

Thank you all! I am back to work today, though in my home office.  Feeling groggy, headachy and still sore throat, but not any worse than the common cold.  Just taking longer to recover.  

Still have not heard back from my PCC. Two VM's left, and 2 emails.  Two out of 3 excursions refunded, but that's it.  

Trying to be patient, as for sure, I'm not the only person "in this boat"😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My FCC's showed up on my HAL Account today. (Still need to check for accuracy of the amount vs. my spreadsheet)

No mention yet of cabana fee reimbursement, and one final excursion.  Strange that they would credit 2 excursions and leave 1 out?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trixiee said:

My FCC's showed up on my HAL Account today. (Still need to check for accuracy of the amount vs. my spreadsheet)

No mention yet of cabana fee reimbursement, and one final excursion.  Strange that they would credit 2 excursions and leave 1 out?

I'm glad the FCC showed.  It seems to take FOREVER to get credit on the cabana.  One time when I booked one she charged me for 2.  She found her mistake while I was on the phone but the lengths I had to go through to see the credit were ridiculous.  I think it took at least 2 weeks, many calls, emails and disputing it with my credit card.  Of course when it was reversed it was less.  Then I cancelled a cruise and booked another one.  I had to cancel the cabana on the one and rebook it on another.  The debit came through right away.  The credit took probably 10 days.  Of course the credit was less than I paid once again.