Any news on the Meraviglia this week?

Morgsmom

I’m on Meraviglia right now. So far, there have been no issues with docking in Ocean Cay and the production shows. 

A madatory COVID test for the entire ship is currently in progress.  I was in the first group of about 15 people and there was already a positive case detected. I would assume there will be a decent amount of other cases identified by the time everyone gets tested today. 

It has been great on board so far. There are about 1000 passengers so it is very quiet. 

Edited by matt94
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, matt94 said:

I’m on Meraviglia right now. So far, there have been no issues with docking in Ocean Cay and the production shows. 

A madatory COVID test for the entire ship is currently in progress.  I was in the first group of about 15 people and there was already a positive case detected. I would assume there will be a decent amount of other cases identified by the time everyone gets tested today. 

It has been great on board so far. There are about 1000 passengers so it is very quiet. 

Welcome matt94 and thanks for letting us know.  I'm curious that you would already know that someone was detected as positive. That's our biggest fear - of getting quarantined after day 2 for being asymptomatic but "testing" positive.  

1 hour ago, matt94 said:

Please keep us updated, I am sailing Jan 16 and worried about the silence.

• Like 1

As stated on other postings we are scheduled on Mergi January 20th. It’s only a 3 nighter but we are going to cancel cruise with doing the Flex Cruise Change. MSC has has cruises only out to November which makes it difficult to choose not knowing if we can or are able to make a Flex Cruise Change again into next year. Not sure if we can get a FCC or refund but sounds like MSC has to cancel cruise. I believe…

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

As stated on other postings we are scheduled on Mergi January 20th. It’s only a 3 nighter but we are going to cancel cruise with doing the Flex Cruise Change. MSC has has cruises only out to November which makes it difficult to choose not knowing if we can or are able to make a Flex Cruise Change again into next year. Not sure if we can get a FCC or refund but sounds like MSC has to cancel cruise. I believe…

Until MSC opens up bookings for the Caribbean beyond November 2022 your choices for a cruise move are limited.  Myself, I’ve chosen to do an interim cruise move waiting for the new schedule.  We sail YC so we don’t want to lose a deposit by straight cancellation.

7 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Until MSC opens up bookings for the Caribbean beyond November 2022 your choices for a cruise move are limited.  Myself, I’ve chosen to do an interim cruise move waiting for the new schedule.  We sail YC so we don’t want to lose a deposit by straight cancellation.

Bookings will be opening tomorrow (1/5) for Winter 2022-2023.  The new SeaScape will be coming to Miami December 2022.

• Like 3

I would like to know if testing will be done at the pier for our 4 day cruise on Jan 16th or if it will be done during the cruise.  I think it would be odd if they did a test on day 3 of a 4 day cruise.  We would be in Ocean Cay on day 3, so it would seem like an odd time to do a ship-wide test.  I am hoping the shorter cruises will not have an on-board testing requirement... 

11 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

I would like to know if testing will be done at the pier for our 4 day cruise on Jan 16th or if it will be done during the cruise.  I think it would be odd if they did a test on day 3 of a 4 day cruise.  We would be in Ocean Cay on day 3, so it would seem like an odd time to do a ship-wide test.  I am hoping the shorter cruises will not have an on-board testing requirement... 

me too…

Just now, miataman19 said:

Testing, starting with the January 9 sailing, will be at the pier during embarkation. You still need to have your negative test  done 72 hrs. prior to sailing.

I wonder what will happen once cdc conditional order expires on 1/15.  I haven’t seen anything about cdc extending again this time 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

I wonder what will happen once cdc conditional order expires on 1/15.  I haven’t seen anything about cdc extending again this time 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you explain the details of the CDC orders and the implications? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Can you explain the details of the CDC orders and the implications? Thanks.

I’m not a lawyer and I haven’t been really following either, but I thought I read there was a nationwide injunction on CDC orders anyway by a federal court and it’s now voluntary basis….

1 hour ago, miataman19 said:

Testing, starting with the January 9 sailing, will be at the terminal during embarkation. You still need to have your negative test  done 72 hrs. prior to sailing.

Thanks. May I ask where this info can be found?  I haven't seen any updates on MSC's site. Also not sure what the point is of having a negative test when you'll still need to be tested at the pier... but I still would rather that than on the ship. 

39 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

I’m not a lawyer and I haven’t been really following either, but I thought I read there was a nationwide injunction on CDC orders anyway by a federal court and it’s now voluntary basis….

Only in Florida...

We sail 3/6 on Mera for 7 nights.  Is it MANDATORY to have cruise insurance with Covid provisions?

We live 2 hours from port, so transport is not a problem.  I also see where they are testing just prior to embarkation and someone mentioned the need for negative tests 72 hours before boarding.  I thought it was 48 hours.  Where can I find this information.  I don't see anything on the web site information.

Thank you.  

2 minutes ago, mimi7ccr said:

We sail 3/6 on Mera for 7 nights.  Is it MANDATORY to have cruise insurance with Covid provisions?

We live 2 hours from port, so transport is not a problem.  I also see where they are testing just prior to embarkation and someone mentioned the need for negative tests 72 hours before boarding.  I thought it was 48 hours.  Where can I find this information.  I don't see anything on the web site information.

Thank you.  

Covid insurance is only required if you’re not a US resident which you obviously are….Florida hasn’t seceded yet 😁. But I do recommend getting them since they’re not expensive, especially for high cost items like medical evacuations.  Our regular health insurance works worldwide but doesnt cover the evac and hence we get it.

We use insuremytrips .com which lets u pick from different companies with different options.  The one we got for our next trip includes provisions like couple hundred bucks each for “inconveniences” like raining more than half the time, beach closures, port diversions, etc. I also saw an option to get paid if we got stuck in quarantine….

The Covid test is two calendar days prior and not by XY hours.  So for example if you’re sailing on Sunday at 5 pm, you can get a test starting Friday 12:00 am (ship time zone). 

More info can be found at: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures

just click on the destination after scrolling down on the website. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Covid insurance is only required if you’re not a US resident which you obviously are….Florida hasn’t seceded yet 😁. But I do recommend getting them since they’re not expensive, especially for high cost items like medical evacuations.  Our regular health insurance works worldwide but doesnt cover the evac and hence we get it.

We use insuremytrips .com which lets u pick from different companies with different options.  The one we got for our next trip includes provisions like couple hundred bucks each for “inconveniences” like raining more than half the time, beach closures, port diversions, etc. I also saw an option to get paid if we got stuck in quarantine….

The Covid test is two calendar days prior and not by XY hours.  So for example if you’re sailing on Sunday at 5 pm, you can get a test starting Friday 12:00 am (ship time zone). 

More info can be found at: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures

just click on the destination after scrolling down on the website. 

Now you will be tested at port before ebarkation  and likely on day 2 also. This is fluid.

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Thanks. May I ask where this info can be found?  I haven't seen any updates on MSC's site. Also not sure what the point is of having a negative test when you'll still need to be tested at the pier... but I still would rather that than on the ship. 

So, they are testing after you board and they want you tested before you board?

W T ...? F

So I test negetative 2 days before and I get on the ship and get tested again and I test positative and then what?

I did not see this on MSC either, we just booked for Jan,16th 4 nighter.

Thanks.

Edited by Luke gs Daddy

27 minutes ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

So, they are testing after you board and they want you tested before you board?

W T ...? F

So I test negetative 2 days before and I get on the ship and get tested again and I test positative and then what?

I did not see this on MSC either, we just booked for Jan,16th 4 nighter.

Thanks.

Something tells me if I had to guess that they’ll Just replace the onboard test with preembarkation test. And not on top of…

Purely a guess here but MSC and other cruise lines have a vested interest in limiting on board positives…. So they have a vested interest in my opinion not digging for more $hi7 (and I don’t mean this in a negative way but the fact cruise lines have more positives to begin with are because we get tested far more than any other type of vacation or lodging etc and I don’t think cruisers as a whole are more infectious than general population) by testing more and bringing out all the folks infected without any symtomns to light…

But obviously they don’t want any infected coming on board….so my guess that port side testing will replace ship testing (obviously not for the identified symptomatic and contact traced folks)

Edited by FrostyJoe
  • Like 2