Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

21 minutes ago, Nymich said:

St Maarten. 

So everyone can expect similar things to this:  This itinerary we are on was sent to us by email ONE DAY before we boarded.  It is completely different.

But........we made both ports so far.

1641646178874882673709233481762.jpg

I was wondering when O would update the Travel and Entry Requirements for my 2/7 cruise.  Now I see we likely won't have anything until the day before since they obviously don't know what our itinerary will be.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1

Test results from yesterday also delivered to our door this morning.

They were emailed to me yesterday.  DW never got the email but they confirmed it was negative.  Just filling everyone in on what to expect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nymich said:

Test results from yesterday also delivered to our door this morning.

They were emailed to me yesterday.  DW never got the email but they confirmed it was negative.  Just filling everyone in on what to expect.

Similar experience - in that my wife’s were not emailed. And frankly I could not open the attachment although I tried every iteration of my birthdate (with/out dashes, every number combination).

I would think at this point we are going to stop at Barbados. Pretty sure it’s a numbers game (guests+staff v positive) and they’ve had that communication with health officials.

Feels really hot on the balcony. 

• Like 2

Yes, self serve laundry open.  Hubby there for first time ever acquaintance with machine!  

change of meeting place for tomorrow morning at Barista's.     Riviera concerned that large numbers may show up and asked to meet in Horizons.   Same tim-  9:30 am, Sunday, Jan 9th.   How about near the statue in the middle near the dance floor?

Had Odyssey menu last night in LaReserve.   Juni, Abigale, Sandra and Catherine are a well oiled machine and the enthusiasm they bring made for a magical evening.   Juni is well spoken and knowledgeable about the wines.   I’ve attached the menu that also shows the wines paired and vintage.   If you haven’t booked, I’d rush to reservations and get it booked. You won’t be disappointed.  

98E6CFEB-D1C7-4CBA-8DD1-B817358E1900.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nymich said:

Gyms open!  View from my treadmill

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the postings!

Could you please take pictures from the 2 doors to show most of the gym? Is some equipment blocked off for distancing?

Any guesses or news if anyone tested positive?

2 minutes ago, floatplan said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the postings!

Could you please take pictures from the 2 doors to show most of the gym? Is some equipment blocked off for distancing?

Any guesses or news if anyone tested positive?

No equipment is blocked off in the gym.  No news on positive cases nor would I ever think of asking .  Feel good feel safe.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, slw207693 said:

Had Odyssey menu last night in LaReserve.   Juni, Abigale, Sandra and Catherine are a well oiled machine and the enthusiasm they bring made for a magical evening.   Juni is well spoken and knowledgeable about the wines.   I’ve attached the menu that also shows the wines paired and vintage.   If you haven’t booked, I’d rush to reservations and get it booked. You won’t be disappointed. 

Were they using all the seats?  The menu looks terrific, but I'm not willing to sit that close to so many strangers.

56 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Were they using all the seats?  The menu looks terrific, but I'm not willing to sit that close to so many strangers.

My question as well.

we’ve got one dinner booked early on and would feel a whole lot better if we knew it was going to be capacity controlled.

Captain came on a few minutes ago and made a pretty strong reminder to all guests to respect the countries laws we go to and wear your masks.  In addition he reminded all of us to wear our mask unless sitting down eating or drinking.  I am paraphrasing here but he pointed out he is the Boss of this Ship.  I think he made that announcement as he doesn't want us to get lax.  Everyday the CD talks about masks as well.

This is my fourth cruise in the last two months.  Cases on land are also at their highest since I have returned to cruising.  Do we have a few offenders?  Yep but the crew here is quick to catch them and tell them to mask up up to and including subtle hints like handing someone a mask.

If someone does not want to be singled out for not wearing a mask or doesn't want to wear one it would be best to sit it out for awhile.  People walking around without masks on stick out like a sore thumb on this Ship right now.. Likewise if you are the type to freak out about someone not having their mask on because they forgot for a moment you too may want to wait awhile.

I love that O is being proactive with the guests where the other cruise companies I went on were reactive.

I personally will not ask anyone about positive cases but if it is shared by announcement in writing or verbally from qualified Ship personel then I think it's fine to mention.  Otherwise it's a rumour and I'm not into that type of thing.  Just trying to give the facts "on the Sea" as best as possible.

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 9

On 1/6/2022 at 10:41 PM, PhD-iva said:

On Riviera’s 17 November transatlantic sailing, I wouldn’t say the dance parties in Horizon after the evening show were well attended, but that’s an advantage in these covid days. I thought the band was very good, especially the singer.

@PhD-ivaI gave this band "Sync Session"  a couple more listens and I had to dig your post up from a previous page.  You were right the band is good and the singer is exceptional.  

Edited by Nymich
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Nymich, just curious what it is like around the pool? Is it crowded? Are people wearing masks if it is? 

Pool is pretty busy and people are unmasked if drinking or in the pool.  I go up there and try to carve out some space for us lol

Technically even at the pool the bartender told me that we should mask up if walking to Waves or the bar etc......

Bottom line (no pun intended) if I am sitting down with a drink or food no mask.  If I am standing up I need to wear it.  

The time I get the biggest break from mask wearing is in my cabin where I am now after a tough day poolside subjected to the torture of Waves for lunch!

29 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Captain came on a few minutes ago and made a pretty strong reminder to all guests to respect the countries laws we go to and wear your masks.  In addition he reminded all of us to wear our mask unless sitting down eating or drinking.  I am paraphrasing here but he pointed out he is the Boss of this Ship.  I think he made that announcement as he doesn't want us to get lax.  Everyday the CD talks about masks as well.

This is my fourth cruise in the last two months.  Cases on land are also at their highest since I have returned to cruising.  Do we have a few offenders?  Yep but the crew here is quick to catch them and tell them to mask up up to and including subtle hints like handing someone a mask.

If someone does not want to be singled out for not wearing a mask or doesn't want to wear one it would be best to sit it out for awhile.  People walking around without masks on stick out like a sore thumb on this Ship right now.. Likewise if you are the type to freak out about someone not having their mask on because they forgot for a moment you too may want to wait awhile.

I love that O is being proactive with the guests where the other cruise companies I went on were reactive.

I personally will not ask anyone about positive cases but if it is shared by announcement in writing or verbally from qualified Ship personel then I think it's fine to mention.  Otherwise it's a rumour and I'm not into that type of thing.  Just trying to give the facts "on the Sea" as best as possible.

This gives me a great deal of confidence to continue on with this booking.  I'll be on Jan. 14.   

Edited by davencl

6 minutes ago, davencl said:

This gives me a great deal of confidence to continue on with this booking.  I'll be on Jan. 14.   Good the captain is making his authority clear.

@davenclit just seems like with all the news right now that he is not playing around.  I am comparing this to 3 othe r cruises with 2 different companies to reach this observation. 

Does this mean this cruise completes its 10 days and the next one that is 14 days?  Truthfully. I don't have a clue but I know they are trying hard to lead by example and communicate clearly.

Edited by Nymich

10 minutes ago, Nymich said:

@davenclit just seems like with all the news right now that he is not playing around.  I am comparing this to 3 othe r cruises with 2 different companies to reach this observation. 

Does this mean this cruise completes its 10 days and the next one that is 14 days?  Truthfully. I don't have a clue but I know they are trying hard to lead by example and communicate clearly.

Yes when yours finishes ours starts for the 14 day cruise.   Can't wait for the warm sunny weather...