2 questions for anyone currently on the Caribbean Princess

CineGraphic

If I may interrupt your vacation for just a second, I would greatly appreciate knowing the following:

1) Are they currently offering the Winemaker's Dinner?

2) Any idea how many passengers they are expecting next week? (1/9/22) My quesstimate is 50% or less. (14 suites currently available, when they were sold-out previously)

Many thanks in advance.

We plan on starting a group "live" thread in the next day or two.

• Thanks 1

This is the response I received when asking about how many are sailing next week.

I checked with customer service about next week and received a vague reply:  “in the 1000s - not as many as last week (2500) and not as few as this week (which he said was in the 900s).”

Sorry he wasn’t more precise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

If I may interrupt your vacation for just a second, I would greatly appreciate knowing the following:

I sailed on the Caribbean last month. It doesn't have a winemaker's dinner. Only the Royal class ships have them. I asked on my cruise if they were having the Super Tuscan dinner at Sabatini's. The hostess told me that they had not been able to get the wines to do that yet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, geoherb said:

Only the Royal class ships have them.

No wonder I've never seen it offered. We tend to stick to the older Grand Class ships, however I'll be on the Regal in February, and will hopefully be able to attend one then. Thanks!

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

No wonder I've never seen it offered. We tend to stick to the older Grand Class ships, however I'll be on the Regal in February, and will hopefully be able to attend one then. Thanks!

To improve your odds of getting the WM Dinner either contact a head waiter (now called a Restaurant Manager) in a MDR. We’ve requested it during the embarkation day lunch or will call the DINE line ASAP. We’ve been successful all six times & greatly enjoy it in one of the midship MDRs Wine Cellars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

2) Any idea how many passengers they are expecting next week? (1/9/22) My quesstimate is 50% or less. (14 suites currently available, when they were sold-out previously)

Many thanks in advance.

We plan on starting a group "live" thread in the next day or two.

I will watch for your (live) for I formation for my 1/23 sailing.   Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, AliceS said:

Good news on the Bahamas:

Just got this email from US Embassy

in the Bahamas 

Event:   Updated Entry and Travel Protocols – On January 4, the Bahamian government announced changes to its mandatory entry requirements.

Due to the nature of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, entry, travel and health requirements for The Bahamas are subject to modification at any time. 

The Bahamas has suspended the mandatory RT-PCR testing requirement for vaccinated travelers, which was expected to take effect on January 7, 2022. Vaccinated travelers, as well as children ages 2-11, may continue to present either a negative Rapid Antigen Test or negative RT-PCR Test.