Oceania Riveria Verenda cabins shower sizes compared to Inside/Oceanview/Verenda cabins on Insignia and Sirena

garycd

We were just on Oceania Riviera which we have sailed on that ship and the Marina several times -- always in the veranda staterooms.  My wife always uses the shower in the Veranda cabins but I find the showers too small (large frame) and take advantage of the shower in the bathtub which works great for me.  We are considering sailings on the Sirena and Insignia and looking at the Inside/Oceanview/Veranda cabins -- all seem to have the same size shower -- but not sure if that shower is bigger, smaller or the same as the shower in the Riveria Verenda cabins.

Appreciate if anyone that has sailed on both the R class ships and the larger Riviera/Marina ships can comment on how the showers in the lower priced staterooms for the R6 cabins compared to the showers in the Marina/Riviera staterooms.

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

you probably will want to upgrade to a PH  on the R ships or shower in the spa

JMO

Excellent advice - the spa showers and I are great friends (and for good reason). I know we're all CC buddies but I kinda wish you'd kept that tip secret.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LHT28 and Ka Honu -- thanks!   Unfortunately, a PH suite would be out of our budget. The Spa is a good option -- appreciate that, but sort of prefer the privacy of showering in one's cabin.

If you think the veranda shower on Riviera is small, don’t sail in a veranda cabin on any of the R ships. That shower is tiny.  Cabins are also much smaller than those on Riviera. If you sail on an R ship, you should book a suite.  Better still, stick to Riviera or Marina.  After our last Sirena cruise, we refuse to sail on an R ship unless we book a suite. 

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

With the glass panel now  it will look roomier

They are longer than the stand alone showers on the O class ships

I do not have an issue with either  but some others do

Thanks!  That is what I was thinking -- longer but probably the same width.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If you think the veranda shower on Riviera is small, don’t sail in a veranda cabin on any of the R ships. That shower is tiny.  Cabins are also much smaller than those on Riviera. If you sail on an R ship, you should book a suite.  Better still, stick to Riviera or Marina.  After our last Sirena cruise, we refuse to sail on an R ship unless we book a suite. 

Redtravel -- based on the pictures it looks like the showers in the R class ships are the same width but a little longer than those small showers on Riviera and Marina. (I use the bathtub shower on the O class ships as so much bigger.)

2 hours ago, garycd said:

Redtravel -- based on the pictures it looks like the showers in the R class ships are the same width but a little longer than those small showers on Riviera and Marina. (I use the bathtub shower on the O class ships as so much bigger.)

Pictures are not always accurate. Wide angle lenses can alter views.  The showers on R ships are an oddly shaped pentagon. There used to be a photo on web that showed a woman’s feet in the shower. The feet together left little room on the shower floor. The Riviera or Marina have 2 showers.  One is in the tub area. That has plenty of space.  Other has a round floor. It is small, but you have enough floor space to turn around.  It is huge compared to the shower on R ships.  

• Like 1

We have just booked a cruise on Sirena - does anyone have a better photo of the bathroom that they could post?  We sailed on Marina and found that the shower was just fine, but based on the comments here, I am wondering how it would be.  Thanks!

On 1/6/2022 at 6:55 PM, Redtravel said:

Pictures are not always accurate. Wide angle lenses can alter views.  The showers on R ships are an oddly shaped pentagon. There used to be a photo on web that showed a woman’s feet in the shower. The feet together left little room on the shower floor. The Riviera or Marina have 2 showers.  One is in the tub area. That has plenty of space.  Other has a round floor. It is small, but you have enough floor space to turn around.  It is huge compared to the shower on R ships.  

Redtravel -- that is very helpful!  Appreciate it!  Was thinking the shower had enough space to turn around in, so good to know it does not.

16 hours ago, jeriram said:

We have just booked a cruise on Sirena - does anyone have a better photo of the bathroom that they could post?  We sailed on Marina and found that the shower was just fine, but based on the comments here, I am wondering how it would be.  Thanks!

Jeriram: Please see this facebook post which has additional photos and a helpful video: https://www.*****/485850748261831/posts/1968334976680060/

Let's keep in touch as interested in your thoughts after your Sirena cruise.  Our cruise on Insignia is for November 2022.

55 minutes ago, garycd said:

Redtravel -- that is very helpful!  Appreciate it!  Was thinking the shower had enough space to turn around in, so good to know it does not.

unless you are very fluffy  you can turn around  & bend over to pick up the soap  JMO

• Like 1

The showers in regular cabins on all the R-ships have always been tiny.  Originally – and still on Azamara – they had shower curtains that allowed a bit of flex for elbows etc. (and were hated for the cling effect...).  Oceania decided to replace the curtains with glass doors:  no more cling, but now you are stuck with the exact dimensions of the shower stall.  On either brand the solution is to spring for a PH [or Club Continent, as Azamara calls them].  Oceania has more such suites, which is a big plus in my book, but they all still have the noise issues of the deck above.

In regards to LHT28's comment, I am fluffy and was okay for short cruises, albeit with a lot of elbow banging.  Things like shaving legs were very difficult, but manageable with the length.  If you are larger framed and claustrophobic, forget it.  The biggest issue that I had were the days where we had rough seas, and the sway always had me against one side of the shower or the door, haha!  I really would have liked a bit more room where I could balance in the middle, but alas, my budget doesn't allow a PH or up at this point in my career.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, garycd said:

Jeriram: Please see this facebook post which has additional photos and a helpful video: https://www.*****/485850748261831/posts/1968334976680060/

Let's keep in touch as interested in your thoughts after your Sirena cruise.  Our cruise on Insignia is for November 2022.

Thanks Gary - I checked out the U-tube videos - I think it will be ok for us.  I have asked for an upgrade to a penthouse, but if it doesn't happen, this will be fine.  We are scheduled to go in June - here's hoping!