**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

Finished our tests with Inspire. It was very laid back. The test itself is different than the videos I have seen. Now that we are Officially Covid Negative the packing begins!!! It will be different for us to board the Glory dressed for WINTER!!! But when we wake up Monday morning all will GOOD!!!!

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 7:20 AM, geckoaz said:

My friend had to pay 100 dollars for a new test at port. She was lucky it was available. Two days means two days, sail on saturday get tested thursday or friday. No exceptions. 

I did not recieve an email on this only vaccine cards. Im going out of florida in a few weeks . Is it needed in florida. 

Edited by seaman11

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I did not recieve an email on this only vaccine cards. Im going out of florida in a few weeks . Is it needed in florida. 

You do not have to take the $100 covid test at the port (or $10 covid test available at select ports for short cruises) , but all Carnival Cruises require a covid test with a negative result within 2 days of boarding.  The information you need can be found here:   https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, webnut said:

Emed proctor said middle name is required for travel. I cannot find where to add Middle name on the app or while logged onto Emed on the computer. Any help would be appreciated as we cruise on Sunday. 

I just checked and neither me nor my husband's middle name are on our test results on them. But there is not a place to put them. So I would like to know of anyone has gotten on boat that did not have middle name on negative test paperwork

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

I just checked and neither me nor my husband's middle name are on our test results on them. But there is not a place to put them. So I would like to know of anyone has gotten on boat that did not have middle name on negative test paperwork

Yes mine was not on it and as long as first,  last and dob are on them you should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

We are from Canada, driving to Buffalo, then flying to LAX.

'

Can someone please advise what testing is like in the US? For example, is it easy to get appointments, how quick are results, etc.  I heard it is free? Is this the case?  Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. 

On 2/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, lindya said:

Yes..on all that..log into emed.com when everything is set up..Definitely watch a YouTube video ..just search Binax proctored test...that helped alot..no instructions in the box you DO NOT open till they tell you..all the instructions are given during the call and no appt needed..they are there 24/7

How long after clicking to test now did you have to wait for a proctor? Also what time of day did you do test. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

How long after clicking to test now did you have to wait for a proctor? Also what time of day did you do test. Thanks. 

Time varies depending on how busy they are but once we clicked we were ready it immediately showed us to be up next..so a minute or less...we also took the test at 9pm on a Friday CST...emed uses Universal time so our test results were dated Saturday which was exactly what we needed.  What we did NOT need though was the positive result we got..the long wait times for them to answer happened last fall from what my research showed.

8 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

This is the response I received. “Please go to www.mynavica.abbott and log in with your Navica credentials. Once login, click on edit  and enter your middle name next to your first name. Scroll down and click on save.”

That is what I did so we shall see tomorrow when we board. I’m not expecting any issues. 
Thank you to all who responded. 

BTW, My husband’s proctor did not mention the fact that he had no middle name listed so he did not enter one. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scrabblemomof1 said:

Does anybody here know if Carnival provide antigen testing at the Charleston port? I couldn’t get a definitive answer when I called. 

According to the latest FAQs at their site, antigen tests for vaccinated guests are not available at the Charleston terminal.  Source:  Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:52 PM, Safe77 said:

Haven't seen this addressed yet. Perhaps not the right forum. My wife and I, fully vaccinated, tested positive and come off quarantine tomorrow (1/16). We are scheduled to sail on 1/31. We are concerned that pre-cruise test results may come back positive, even though we will have been sufficiently recovered. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? if so, what was your outcome? Thanks in advance.

Following up on this post. My wife and I took the Binax proctored test on Saturday, January 29th and both tested negative, not quite two weeks after having completed our 10-day quarantine. I actually took a different drive-through test on 21st and it, too came back negative. BTW, the cruise was great!

• Like 3

On 1/30/2022 at 4:25 PM, UpstateCruizer said:

If you leave your home to go to the grocery store or any other place with people then the response of yes would be accurate and truthful. The only way replying yes to the first two questions would be false or dishonest is if you never leave your home. 

I adopted this policy after I reviewed my morals and after some mental squirming...and I got my "free" test scheduled two days before my cruise.  😄  

On 1/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, mz-s said:

It really depends on how strict the person checking your documents at the terminal wants to be and how willing you are to be sent home without getting on the cruise. Because once they put that check stamp on my boarding pass, nobody looked at my vax card or test result for the remainder of my cruise.

I was quite surprised at all of the hype leading up to the actual cruise in so far as documentation only to find the process to be very ordinary and that even though two people look at your information, they really are only looking for your name, date of birth and vaccination/test status.  They could have cared less WHERE that information was coming from on my phone.

It would be VERY easy to fake the documentation if you knew someone who could write an app for your phone or even spin up a spoof website.  While not everyone has that resource in their life, I can promise you, it's been done.

In other words, they aren't as strict in implementation as they are in their documentation of their implementation!

And despite the weather not being perfect, we had a blast on our cruise!

3 hours ago, medi130 said:

Does Covid test have to be inside the 48hr window or do they  just care it’s done Thursday through Saturday?

We cruised Saturday, we had our tests done Thursday at 9 AM.  Carnival said that was acceptable in their documentation.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 11:20 AM, slavigne5577 said:

We had the opposite problem.  Our Carnival Booking did not have our Middle Names on it but our vaccination and test results did so we were unable to use the VeriFly App because the names didn't match "exactly".  As long as your first and last name and DOB match your passport and your first and last name and DOB on your test results match your passport - you're good.