**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

4 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Only partially true. Some insurance companies have agreed to cover a portion of the costs but not all. i.e BCBS of Texas is covering up to $12 per test once a month.Never assume.

If your insurance is only covering 1 per month, you must have heard wrong. It is actually 8 per person per month, up to $12 per at home test kit. This is federal, so BCBS does not get to decide that they only cover 1 test kit. The only health insurance plans not required to reimburse back up to 8 per month are plans that are under Medicare and Medicaid. If you have a plan that is under Medicare and Medicaid, then you are SOL, as they are not federally mandated to cover any at home test kits.

Hmm. Well, I guess the Beta test was successful. I did get an Ack!

At-home COVID-19 tests will ship free starting in late January. USPS will only send one set of 4 free tests to valid residential addresses. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address.

19 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Now the welcome page says that we can order tests starting  Jan 19th - tomorrow.  

I ordered some approximately 30 minutes ago.  

I'm glad they're doing this, if nothing else we can test ourselves after our next cruise to make sure we won't be spreading the virus to anyone (and self quarantine if by chance we catch it).

I am sorry to ask, because I know someone already posted the link, but I can not find it with all the pages in this topic. What is the link for the Carnival Approved site to buy the proctored tests? My cruise is on 2/6 and none of the places I have called have any Rapids and do not know when they will get more. Thank you in advance!

14 minutes ago, kingston13 said:

Because there is no proctor on the test and no written results

Exactly.  Carnival has to have some level of assurance that the person taking the test is really you, and that someone has actually taken the test at the time when they say they did.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

I am sorry to ask, because I know someone already posted the link, but I can not find it with all the pages in this topic. What is the link for the Carnival Approved site to buy the proctored tests? My cruise is on 2/6 and none of the places I have called have any Rapids and do not know when they will get more. Thank you in advance!

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

Scroll down a bit & they have links to a few sites. You can also order them through emed.com.

Great suggestion.

I tested a day before my official proctored antigen test to fly and board the ship.

I also tested the day before I flew home as I also needed a test to board a plane.

On my roll call there were A  LOT of people who tested positive on their pre cruise test.

Personally I would rather test on a free test to know that I have Covid, then paying for a travel test (if you have to pay), and you also have more time to deal with rescheduling, if you test 3-4 days before you cruise.

5 hours ago, MizMoon said:

Am I too early to be concerned about testing?  May 3rd on Freedom from Seattle, flying in from Reno.  Not first Alaska cruise, so no unmissable plans, solo trip (easy-peasy) and fully vaxxed as of now......    Have had two negative tests in recent months - whew!  I will try to get my tests ordered tomorrow and keep planning on going.  Good thoughts to everyone with very near sailing dates!  👍🚢🌛

Got my tests ordered and paid my final - Feeling Good!