**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

On 2/19/2022 at 5:34 PM, jsglow said:

We got CVS canceled on a Friday, 6 days before our scheduled testing date in late January.  Major scramble.  We immediately ordered home tests (hard to get then) that did arrive by Tuesday.  Also successfully eventually rescheduled CVS at the crack of dawn on the day we needed testing.  Late January was rough because the US Govt had cornered the market on the antigen supply.  That week absolutely sucked. 

Yeah I remember when all of that happened. I’m glad it all worked out for you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maraprince said:

Which test(s) are acceptable?  Can you provide their names?

We usually have one of the mobile Covid test vans in the area and when I asked about tests for cruise ships I was assured that the one that the airlines use for international travel would satisfy this requirement for cruise ships.  Is this the case?

If you scroll about 1/2 way down on this link, they have a list of the acceptable bre-boarding tests that they accept: 

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

3 hours ago, Momma1980 said:

Where did you find this information? Just curious because most people are saying you must have had the booster. 

It is on the Carnival website. It reads: 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing

I’m not eligible for a booster so I consider myself up to date.

12 hours ago, dfencecoach said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing

If you have NOT had the booster you are still required to have the test two days prior to your sail date those that have had the booster now have the option of three days prior to sailing. It has nothing to do with if you consider yourself fully vaxed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

You are correct.

If you have NOT had the booster you are still required to have the test two days prior to your sail date those that have had the booster now have the option of three days prior to sailing. It has nothing to do with if you consider yourself fully vaxed. 

12 hours ago, dfencecoach said:

The CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests, ages 2 and older, to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines, i.e., received a booster if eligible, may take their test within three days prior to sailing.

If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in. On certain sailings, guests should be prepared for the possibility of an additional COVID test prior to boarding, which will be provided in the terminal on a complimentary basis.

6 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

Sorry, posting this 3 times doesn't make it any less wrong. What you cut/pasted even says you're wrong.

It says you can test 3 days prior if you're up to date with your vaccines. If you've been recently vaccinated (less than 5 months ago in the US), you are considered up to date without having had a booster shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

UPDATE:  I ordered my 3-pack of tests early on Monday morning.  It was delivered to me this afternoon.  Next day service again!  They must really like me. 😄  All three tests expire November 20, 2022.

Also in my e-mail, ironically as my test package was being delivered, I got this note:

Thank you for placing an order through Optum Store. Due to high volumes, your shipment may be delayed up to 5 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As a token of our appreciation, please enjoy 15% off your next purchase with us by using coupon code (CENSORED!)

I don't have any immediate need for tests or other medical supplies at Optum, but I thought that was a really nice touch.  I hadn't heard about anyone getting an offer anything like this.  I feel special. 🙃

One last note - despite the super fast shipping, I think I ordered too early!  The administration announced their plans to have private insurers reimburse people for their at-home tests.  But it's not retroactive, so my insurer gets to keep their $100 if they like.

When you buy a 3 pack, can they be used by different people? Or do I need to order packs per person 

3 hours ago, jkeo727 said:

When you buy a 3 pack, can they be used by different people? Or do I need to order packs per person 

They can be used by different people.  They all have to register prior to testing and no two people can test in the same proctored session.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:15 AM, dsfitz said:

Pellaz-

I believe this is only for the CONQUEST - at least that's what the email I got said.  Looks like you are on the SUNRISE.

Oddly enough, there was a free COVID testing tent set up near the pier for our sailing, under the auspices of Miami/Dade County.  Wish there had been better communication about that, for those who DID need to be tested.  

1 hour ago, CarnivalDreamer said:

Ok.  I know there are 800 different views and opinions.  Has anyone ever had a PCR test not back in 2 days prior?  Cruising Mar 14 and scheduled a pcr @cvs on the 12th.  That should work right?

I would have a backup plan in place. PCR test results can take >48 hours.

Having received an email this morning from Carnival about pre-cruise covid testing, I noticed that near the end of the email Carnival says we can use Quest Diagnostics.  So, I just scheduled me an appointment with Quest to get tested three days before the cruise (Wed test for Sat cruise), pursuant to Carnival's new 3-day pre-cruise testing rule.  I guess I better make sure it is one of those rapid tests that return results within 24 hours.  Feeling less nervous about testing now.  

I had my Rapid Antigen test today at CVS. I was negative. We were talking to the CVS reps administering the test, they have been informed by Corporate that CVS will discontinue free Covid test on or about March 16th. They indicated CVS is preparing for Covid to be endimic and the out of pocket cost will be $139 going forward. The reps did indicate that Corporate changes their mind alot. This could be an interesting change and why Carnival is offering test at the port.

10 hours ago, thegoodlife247 said:

Reading on CVS website the results are shared on Mychart if you are over 18.  How would we get acceptable (printed) results for our 16 year old?

They will text you a link with the results (which can be printed); the link is good for five days.