Halal Food on Edge?

masteradept

Hi all, was trying to figure out if Celebrity offers halal food on board Edge from Fort Lauderdale. Tried to email them but no response so far, and all I've found is this news article from some time ago.

https://cruise-arabia.com/2017/05/04/celebrity-cruises-targets-middle-east-passengers-with-fleet-wide-halal-food/

Thanks for the advice!

Was on Apex this last Nov and there was what I’d call an excellent middle eastern selection. Tried more than a bit and loved it. But I’m not sure it would meet all the Halal requirements of preparation, but hopefully you’ll get more formal word on it. 

My experience is Celebrity meets many dietary requirements and that should include Halal. 

enjoy!

den

I can't speak for Halal, but for guests that request Kosher meals, the meals are brought on board as frozen dinners that are heated properly in the kitchen and presented to the guest, still wrapped, with wrapped plastic silverware from a caterer. I would assume the same for Halal.

7 hours ago, canderson said:

For most, kosher is a subset of halal, and hence, X can readily deal with the OP's dietary requirements if willing to deal with it that way.  Just provide advance notice of the request.

This is not correct. Kosher and Halal are two different standards. While they might be similar, they are not the same. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

This is not correct. Kosher and Halal are two different standards. While they might be similar, they are not the same. 

Didn't suggest they were the same (no shrimp or camels in kashrut!), only that for many following halal diets, kosher is considered a somewhat more rigorous subset, and an acceptable alternative.

• Thanks 1