4 Ships Cancel Cruises Jan-Apr 2022

Splake

Just seeing on the news wire that Royal Caribbean has cancelled the following cruises as of today:

• Jewel of the Seas - Sailings from January 9th to February 12th (next sailing would be February 20th)
  • Serenade of the Seas - Sailings from January 8th to March 5th (next sailing would be April 26th due to dry-dock period)
  • Symphony of the Seas - Sailing form January 8th to January 22nd (next sailing would be January 29th)
  • Vision of the Seas - Delayed next sailing until March 7th

Sorry to break the bad news to anyone who was booked, but wanted to give the heads up so you could get online or on the phone to rebook or get a refund.

-Stay safe everyone!

• Like 2

We’re on the Harmony Jan 9 - fingers crossed - but anything could happen at this point.  Feel sorry for those who have to fly, book hotels etc prior to their cruise(s) - this Covid thing has really turned the world up side down.   It’s déjà-vu all over again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skagen said:

I wonder if part of this strategy is to provide a larger pool of backup crew to keep the other ships running effectively?

Glad Harmony is still in play for Jan 30th

Exactly, control existing outbreaks, provide additional crew to fill in and provide additional quarantine ships for crew.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly, control existing outbreaks, provide additional crew to fill in and provide additional quarantine ships for crew.

You always provide excellent information, so I have a question I hope you can answer having to do with the cancellations. I know they are offering  100% refund or 125% FCC, but what if you booked during the double points promo and don’t want to lose your points. Do you think they would allow you to move the booking to a different sailing at prevailing rates.  Not looking for a lift and shift, just to move the original booking number. 
Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

You always provide excellent information, so I have a question I hope you can answer having to do with the cancellations. I know they are offering  100% refund or 125% FCC, but what if you booked during the double points promo and don’t want to lose your points. Do you think they would allow you to move the booking to a different sailing at prevailing rates.  Not looking for a lift and shift, just to move the original booking number. 
Thank you. 

Your double points promo be like:

homer.gif.25854cbfd21488b7927fac48aafcbbcf.gif

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Thank you. 

I think around page 5 on the existing thread this was addressed and someone was able to move and keep the booking number and double pts. .. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Thank you. 

I believe that someone already listed that they let them move their sailing at prevailing rates.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think around page 5 on the existing thread this was addressed and someone was able to move and keep the booking number and double pts. .. 

I saw that and asked my TA and they said no I couldn’t do it. Talking to Crown and Anchor myself. I normally wouldn’t care, but it’s 56 points.

• Like 1

RosieRoo, good idea to talk to someone else - or 2!  In the past, I've spoken to reps on this and other lines who give incorrect information. Sometimes the right hand doesn't quite know what the left is doing. Guess there are many reps and lots of info.  Sometimes you might get one who isn't aware of something.  In fact, we cancelled a river cruise several months ago and the deal was we could use the credit for a future cruise so as not to lose our money.  I had a question right before booking and was quickly told we could not do something we had had to jump through hoops for to get an approval.   Interestingly, I rec'd. an email just a few days later from the person who had approved our request on the first booking. She asked if we were planning to rebook because if so, she would keep the permission verification and other information I'd had to submit on the issue.   She said we did NOT have to get permission again. Woohoo!  So - doesn't hurt to check with someone else. Good luck!

(Wondering if perhaps if having a T/A that has a good booking relationship with RCI makes a difference?) 

3 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Thank you. 

I called Loyalty earlier today and was told that I could change the ship and sail date and keep the double points, as long as I sailed prior to December 31, 2022.  Called back a bit later and moved my B2B on JW to a B2B on BR, and was again advised that I would keep the double points.  I've written down the date, time, and person I spoke to each time.  I expect to have to fight to get the points when I get back, but believe I will get them eventually!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I saw that and asked my TA and they said no I couldn’t do it. Talking to Crown and Anchor myself. I normally wouldn’t care, but it’s 56 points.

Tell your TA you want to keep the same booking numbers and just change the ship and sail date, so you can keep the double points.  If she allows the booking to get cancelled for FCC or refund, she will get commission on the booking, but you will lose your double point promo.  

1 hour ago, JsMom2 said:

Tell your TA you want to keep the same booking numbers and just change the ship and sail date, so you can keep the double points.  If she allows the booking to get cancelled for FCC or refund, she will get commission on the booking, but you will lose your double point promo.  

The TA told me I couldn’t do it, but I called Crown and Anchor myself. They told me I can use the same booking numbers and rebook another ship and sail date and keep the double points promo. I haven’t actually done it yet, but I plan to as soon as I find a replacement. Thanks for sharing your experience!  

• Like 1

I was cancelled on Symphony Jan 22nd sailing. We used FCC credits for the cruise. Royal isn't giving any compensation for the cancellation. They're saying we can either have the FCC back or a cash refund (in which case I gave Royal Caribbean an interest free loan for 2 years). They won't let us move to another ship the same week -- they say we need "new money" to do that. They also won't let me lift and ship, has anyone else had luck with this?

We're Diamond Platinum. Am I dumb to stay with a company that treats its customers this poorly? What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, crashedfsu said:

I was cancelled on Symphony Jan 22nd sailing. We used FCC credits for the cruise. Royal isn't giving any compensation for the cancellation. They're saying we can either have the FCC back or a cash refund (in which case I gave Royal Caribbean an interest free loan for 2 years). They won't let us move to another ship the same week -- they say we need "new money" to do that. They also won't let me lift and ship, has anyone else had luck with this?

We're Diamond Platinum. Am I dumb to stay with a company that treats its customers this poorly? What am I missing?

Actually they are offering something. If you take the FCC you get an extra 25%. They’re giving a FCC for 125% of what you paid. 
Others here on CC have reported that they moved to another ship on the same week as their originally booked cruise so it can be done. 
There is no level called “Diamond Platinum” so not sure where that came from. 

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

Actually they are offering something. If you take the FCC you get an extra 25%. They’re giving a FCC for 125% of what you paid. 
Others here on CC have reported that they moved to another ship on the same week as their originally booked cruise so it can be done. 
There is no level called “Diamond Platinum” so not sure where that came from. 

Sorry Diamond Plus... Been 2 years since I've been on a ship. Royal is saying we don't get an extra 25% because we used a FCC from a previous cruise, and they're saying you can't get the bonus twice. 

2 minutes ago, crashedfsu said:

Sorry Diamond Plus... Been 2 years since I've been on a ship. Royal is saying we don't get an extra 25% because we used a FCC from a previous cruise, and they're saying you can't get the bonus twice. 

That's what I've read too. If you used a fcc you dont get another 25% on top of the 25% you already got. That's been true all along. I can see why you are upset. I hope you can find another cruise to shift to and enjoy. I'd be upset too if I was cancelled again. Sorry.

23 minutes ago, crashedfsu said:

Honestly I had so many cruises cancelled in the last two years I can’t keep track of all the rules. Instead of taking another FCC I’m just transferring the bookings to new sailings. My back to back on Jewel started two weeks from today and was cancelled on Friday. I’m not thrilled. I was looking forward to two weeks in warmer weather, but I think there’s a lot more cases onboard than we know about and if you’ve been keeping up with the posts here on CC it doesn’t look too attractive to be quarantined onboard, so I just moved mine out further. There were some people on my Jewel sailings that moved to other ships for the same weeks so I don’t know why they wouldn’t let you. I would try calling Crown and Anchor and asking them. 
Also, at least we had a couple of weeks to cancel flights, etc. I feel really bad for the people that were sailing this weekend and already on their way to the port. 

Edited by RosieRoo

7 hours ago, crashedfsu said:

Take the refund and run.  FCCs are a pain as you have a certain period to book/sail.  Under this extreme environment it's simply crazy.  If you re-book you may simply be kicking the can down the road as who knows when this new virus will be controlled.  My daughter was mentioning that she heard about the new 'Flu Rona."

Edited by nelblu