Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

On 1/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, rnelson678 said:

Masks were required and nearly every local we saw (adult, children) was wearing a mask.  The only place we took off our masks was at the beach. 

Outdoors on the streets - in the open air?  I have only heard of requirements for INDOOR spaces.  You mention only taking off at the beach which is also outdoors in open air.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Will the weight eventually impact upon the integrity of the bridge structure I wonder?  I am also aware - and have seen - similar situations are various places around the world.

The original lock heart was placed on land, not on the bridge. I doubt if the newer ones are located on the bridge either. There plenty of room along the waters edge to expand. 

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Outdoors on the streets - in the open air?  I have only heard of requirements for INDOOR spaces.  You mention only taking off at the beach which is also outdoors in open air.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for asking.  The mask REQUIREMENT varied outdoors.  For example, Princess Cays required masks in food lines, which was outdoors.  Some outdoor shopping areas required masks.  Also, masks were required on the tendor boats, which some passengers were complaining about.  In general, plan to carry a mask with you and wear it (yes, even outdoors) in places where it’s harder to be socially distant.  It was painful to watch those who weren’t being respectful, especially after a friendly reminder from a local or crew member.  

In my observations and conversations, the locals didn’t view masks as the  ‘inconvenience’ that we seem to.  It was refreshing and inspiring.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, rnelson678 said:

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for asking.  The mask REQUIREMENT varied outdoors.  For example, Princess Cays required masks in food lines, which was outdoors.  Some outdoor shopping areas required masks.  Also, masks were required on the tendor boats, which some passengers were complaining about.  In general, plan to carry a mask with you and wear it (yes, even outdoors) in places where it’s harder to be socially distant.  It was painful to watch those who weren’t being respectful, especially after a friendly reminder from a local or crew member.  

In my observations and conversations, the locals didn’t view masks as the  ‘inconvenience’ that we seem to.  It was refreshing and inspiring.

We were on the 10-20 Dec Enchanted and noticed how many locals at the various ports we visited were wearing their masks while walking around outside.  We wore out masks while walking around also to basically respect/follow their way of masking.  

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm surprised to see so many older movies on MUTS -all of which we're seen before.

Have the in room movies been more current releases?

I would love to say yes but the answer is no. We stayed in last night and watched The Jungle Cruise which is one of the newer movies available.

10 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I would love to say yes but the answer is no. We stayed in last night and watched The Jungle Cruise which is one of the newer movies available.

Thanks for the heads up. 😢

Since we're big movie buff's it looks like we'll be bringing lots of our own movies to enjoy. 

On 1/12/2022 at 8:44 PM, CruiseVA said:

We found on our October Majestic Princess cruise that ordering breakfast (or anything) from the App worked great! Every time we ordered something that way while in our cabin arrived in under 10 minutes.  Special coffee in the AM - in our cabin in under 10 minutes!!!!

Di they charge a fee for room service ?

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks for the heads up. 😢

Since we're big movie buff's it looks like we'll be bringing lots of our own movies to enjoy. 

We saw more movies on the Grand than we had in the last several years combined. They loaded many movies each day and many newer ones…of course the entire ship was quarantined in their cabins so not really worth the trade off.  😉Did you get the same on the interrupted world cruise?

Edited by alaskancruzr

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Day 7, Saturday Dominica

-Noticeably missing are any large production shows, understandable 

It looks like they're pushing lots of guest entertainers. 

Are they letting people off the ship to shop in the building alongside the ship?

17 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It looks like they're pushing lots of guest entertainers. 

Are they letting people off the ship to shop in the building alongside the ship?

Yes, you just aren’t allowed to leave the port area

• Like 1