Upgrade when you board

mrsihopes

Got off the Emerald yesterday after 10-day Panama Canal cruise. On boarding, we went to GS and asked for an upgrade to a balcony or minisuite from our interior cabin. After following up at GS with various agents, we were upgraded for free to a balcony, L301, great location. This was 30 hours after boarding and having unpacked. Fortunately, the cabins were across the hall.

I suggest having a cabin in mind to start with.

The ship was ~40% full.

• Like 1

Currently on board the Ruby.  Went to GS and asked for an upgrade when we first boarded.  Was told that all upgrades on this cruise would be paid upgrades .  Was offered an upgrade from an interior to an obstructed view cabin for $5 per person per day, $15/pp per day for ocean view and $25/pp per day for a balcony.  Agreed to pay for the upsell to a balcony but GS then surprised us with a free upgrade.  No cost.

• Like 3

We got upgraded from a balcony to a mini-suite on the Majestic in Oct 2021 free just went to the GS desk and asked...if they said no we would have said ok...but then again our sailing was not full and where our old cabin was we were the only cabin that was occupied.  

We were on the Ruby back in November and were given a free upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony.  We are back on the Ruby at the present time and had problems in our balcony room that we originally booked.  
we were moved to a comparable room on the same deck, moved from starboard to port.  We were told that an upgrade to a mini suite would be $30 per day.  

On the Caribbean last month, there was a specific employee taking down names and cabin numbers of those wishing for an upgrade/upsell. He said they would contact people later with details. I decided not to add my name to the list since I had already unpacked all my things.