Gratuties with obc

cruisequeenbella

If your tips are not included in your cruise fare, or not have pre-paid them,  they will be taken daily  from your OBC funds.  You may also use your OBC to provide additional gratuities to designated individuals.

• Thanks 1

My experience is that if you buy a cruise with a fare that includes OBC - No.   If you buy a cruise without perks,  the tips are charged to you daily and they are deducted from you non-refundable credit first.    I have had a couple cruises lately without perks and did just that.   I also was able to use my OBC to pay additional tips to select individuals by putting their names and position on the tip form.   They received them because they personally thanked me.

On 1/9/2022 at 5:03 PM, cruisequeenbella said:

Hi just a quick question can you use your obc to pay your gratuties, only told by my TA you can, but a guy on phone at celebrity says not.

As others have stated the daily gratuities charged on board will offset your OBC.

Perhaps Celebrity thought you were asking if you could use your OBC to prepare the gratuities before the cruise.  I am sure if that is possible.  It is really not necessary.