EMed expiration dates

triple7tahoe

For the three cruises we took in 2021 we were able to use the proctored Binax test and use results to board. We have a few more upcoming cruises and a couple of tests left. Both have "extended" expirations dates in early February and our next cruise is at the end of February so I have been trying to find out if their latest tests have a later expiration date. I have received a couple of responses from EMed telling me that I should throw out the ones expiring in February and then go to Optum and buy from them. Has anyone purchased from EMed recently and, if so, what expiration dates are  you seeing?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

For the three cruises we took in 2021 we were able to use the proctored Binax test and use results to board. We have a few more upcoming cruises and a couple of tests left. Both have "extended" expirations dates in early February and our next cruise is at the end of February so I have been trying to find out if their latest tests have a later expiration date. I have received a couple of responses from EMed telling me that I should throw out the ones expiring in February and then go to Optum and buy from them. Has anyone purchased from EMed recently and, if so, what expiration dates are  you seeing?

Thanks

Just got some last week.  Expiration 11/2022

8 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Just got some last week.  Expiration 11/2022

33 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Thanks

Expiration 11/6/22

Waiting for mine to be delivered, but consist with the replies on here, I had read of the current batch of tests having a Nov 2022 expiration date.  I don't know if there is a three month extension tacked on to that, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

Didn't they get an extension on the expiration dates?  My understanding is there is a 6 month extension on these tests.

The expiration dates were only on the early kits being shipped out that had been stockpiled in their warehouses for so long. 

Now that all of those have been shipped and they are using new kits they are using only the expiration date showing on the box…

Edited by GTO-Girl