Is this New? Anyone else embarking in less than 20 days get this….?

cafevita

Help Please! Have I missed this change ?

Finally able to obtain my e cruise ticket for end of month 4 nighter, on Meraviglia ,out of port Canaveral. 

BUT……Under “Main steps for Embarkation” page 15 ,  #4 states that I have ….proof of a travel protection plan with coverage for Covid -19.

I thought this was just for travel outside of US and/or non US citizens? Has this requirement changed recently?

I'm still seeing "recommended", not required.

Does anyone have any other info?

- Is travel insurance required in order to cruise?

U.S. and Puerto Rico residents:
A travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19 is recommended for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.

This must be purchased prior to making final payment on your cruise. If you’ve already booked your cruise and have not purchased a travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19, you may call 844-579-4349, if you booked direct with MSC Cruises, or contact your travel advisor to add this to your booking prior to final payment. 

3 hours ago, cafevita said:

Help Please! Have I missed this change ?

Finally able to obtain my e cruise ticket for end of month 4 nighter, on Meraviglia ,out of port Canaveral. 

BUT……Under “Main steps for Embarkation” page 15 ,  #4 states that I have ….proof of a travel protection plan with coverage for Covid -19.

I thought this was just for travel outside of US and/or non US citizens? Has this requirement changed recently?

Can you take a screen shot of that? The site still says “recommended” not required  for US residents 

I am on a b2b Mer  beginning Jan 20 and my embarkation papers say the same under the heading main steps for embarkation. 

Proceed to check-in. Present your travel documents, embarkation form and proof of a Travel Protection Plan with coverage for COVID-19. You will have your security picture taken and receive your cruise card and MSC for Me Wristbands, if applicable, which will have contact tracing enabled.

I think (hope) it's a generalization ..here is a copy of from the previous page..important covid information...

MSC TRAVEL INSURANCE & COVID-19 PROTECTION SERVICE A travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19 is recommended for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.

I know if I call I will get as many conflicting answers as are on my papers...It is frustrating.  Whenever I have had to phone I get the nicest person in the world who knows absolutely nothing about the cruise line they work for.  Not even covid related...even simple  general questions have been a challenge to have answered.  So good luck to us!  

Judy

Edited by momrox1
  • Like 3

Can anyone who is traveling soon from a U. S. Port let us know what happens with respect to this covid insurance "recommendation"? We have a separate policy from Geo Blue which includes coverage for covid illness. Perhaps we have to Xerox a copy of the declaration page and bring it with us for a cruise from Miami to Caribbean? 

Really confusing! One page of e ticket says recommended and then next page, as above, looks like required! Customer service was very sweet but apparently not confident in her response of " Don't think you need it". Was that an ? or ! 

Don't want to get to the port, having made it through all the other hoops we met jump through to travel these days, only to find out they are now enforcing this insurance🙄 

Checking MSC FAQ page and checking for Caribbean sailings.

Section with requirements for embarkation

Failure to provide proof of Covid travel insurance ((required by non- US and Puerto Rico travelers)

Reasons to deny boarding

•  

You will be denied boarding if you:

• Have had potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of of COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation.
  • Have a fever >99.5 F / 37.5 C, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle aches/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat or loss of taste/smell within 14 days of embarkation.
  • Have temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history & nationality.
  • Are not able to provide the proof of mandatory COVID-19 vaccine proof and negative COVID-19 test result(s) from pre-embarkation testing and, if applicable, embarkation testing.
  • Are not able to provide proof of mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy, (only required for non-U.S. and Puerto Rico residents), in the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish.
Edited by phissy

14 minutes ago, cafevita said:

Really confusing! One page of e ticket says recommended and then next page, as above, looks like required! Customer service was very sweet but apparently not confident in her response of " Don't think you need it". Was that an ? or ! 

Don't want to get to the port, having made it through all the other hoops we met jump through to travel these days, only to find out they are now enforcing this insurance🙄 

US residents do not need insurance.  

Edited by phissy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, phissy said:

US residents do not need insurance.  

Thank You and I agree that it does say that the Covid insurance is only needed if non US residents... but they contradict this in my e-cruise ticket. See my post # 5 above and the contents in "main steps for embarkation " #4. My concern is that once at the pier,  they may enforce this at will, without recourse if they point to this caveat.

Please update us after you trip and let us know if insurance is recommended or if it is required! That would be most helpful. We can't even get our boarding documents yet but I bet they contain the same insurance "requirement" as yours. We would love more clarity on this. 

It is sloppy wording on the docs. Ours says the same thing, but in a couple of other places they do clearly state insurance is "recommended" for US citizens, not required.

Having said that, for the first time we decided to get insurance for our cruise coming up this Sunday because of omicron's aggressiveness. Odds are still very good we'll have an incident free vacation but it seemed worth it.