C-1 Oceanview Question

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

15 hours ago, rbtan said:

As soon as you board go right to guest services & inquire about an upgrade. You'll likely not get it till the next day as they're getting all the pax set. It still should work in your favore, especially with the ship having far fewer pax.

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you using  a TA  mention you are interested in an upsell or upgrade 

Be sure to check the regular price of any cabins offered in an upsell ...you do not want to pay the regular  price difference 

8 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I suppose.....but I prefer to use a  agent, well connected to O as a top producer and reap the rewards O gives to them for the business.     I find that when up-sell are offered they are given to favored agents first before opening to  general booking.

As a rule O does  not give up grades..... they give UP_SELL for $$$ ot L   

Thanks for the great advice.  I've reached out to my TA and if that doesn't work, I'll try once onboard.

• Like 1

Is there any difference between C1 and C2 cabins on deck 4 other than the location? I'm thinking of booking a C2 (I can walk a few more steps down the hall) and save $100pp. I'd actually be hoping for an upsell offer, and then the question is would the upsell offer be $100 more for someone in a C2 than in a C1? I.e., will they get it from me one way or the other?

There are no C1's available on the other decks, so that is not an option, plus I see positive comments about the deck 4 location here.

9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Is there any difference between C1 and C2 cabins on deck 4 other than the location? I'm thinking of booking a C2 (I can walk a few more steps down the hall) and save $100pp. I'd actually be hoping for an upsell offer, and then the question is would the upsell offer be $100 more for someone in a C2 than in a C1? I.e., will they get it from me one way or the other?

There are no C1's available on the other decks, so that is not an option, plus I see positive comments about the deck 4 location here.

location  some are under the theatre  so noise could be  a factor  but the shows are usually over by 10:30pm

On 2/9/2022 at 12:10 AM, MisterBill99 said:

I don't know.  I kind of doubt it, though - probably just due to location.  Only consideration I might possibly have is for the rooms closest to the door to the medical center.  (I think someone mentioned she thought it was on the port side.)  But that's a very minor consideration.  About the only C thing to look out for is the C-4s (small ships only).  They're small - smaller than the inside cabins!   C-1s on my cruise (may be able to guess which one!) might be all gone because people like me booked an inside cabin when Oceania was giving up to 4 category upgrades at one point.  So I figure a lot of us were placed in oceanviews from inside cabins. Now almost every category is open.  I'm holding out for whatever happens....  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

24 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

About the only C thing to look out for is the C-4s (small ships only).  They're small - smaller than the inside cabins!  

Not sure  what C cabins are smaller than an inside  on O ??

The  E cabins on deck 6 are the smallest  & obstructed by the lifeboats  on the R ships

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I don't know.  I kind of doubt it, though - probably just due to location.  Only consideration I might possibly have is for the rooms closest to the door to the medical center.  (I think someone mentioned she thought it was on the port side.)  But that's a very minor consideration.

I don't see any indication where the door is on the deck plan. But if it's on the port side, I will be ok since I booked 4021.

image.png.6eb73b251c42dea792c0462ba1ab4696.png

Edited by MisterBill99

17 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I don't see any indication where the door is on the deck plan. But if it's on the port side, I will be ok since I booked 4021.

I believe the entrance to medical centre  is across from 4022  or 4020

• Like 1

We are usually in a C2 cabin and have never heard noise from the lounge upstairs, whether it is the show, rehearsals or trivia. The difference between C1 and C2 is location and the fact that most C2s are connected cabins. Noise that may result depends on how much noise the adjacent neighbors make. However when we were in a C2 this time it was very quiet abd after moving to a C1 for the next segment, we heard our new C2 neighbor’s TV all day. Good thing they went to bed early.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:20 PM, grmmybtty said:

We are usually in a C2 cabin and have never heard noise from the lounge upstairs, whether it is the show, rehearsals or trivia. The difference between C1 and C2 is location and the fact that most C2s are connected cabins. Noise that may result depends on how much noise the adjacent neighbors make. However when we were in a C2 this time it was very quiet abd after moving to a C1 for the next segment, we heard our new C2 neighbor’s TV all day. Good thing they went to bed early.

Our C-1 (7070) was plenty quiet. Our 9070 Concierge was just as quiet. I'd still recommend trying for an upgrade. The cost should be quite low overall.

On 2/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, MisterBill99 said:

Although the door used by sick passengers and crew is on the port side, there's another door used by the doctor and other staff on the starboard side. The port side door is the busier one.

3 hours ago, rbtan said:

Our C-1 (7070) was plenty quiet. Our 9070 Concierge was just as quiet. I'd still recommend trying for an upgrade. The cost should be quite low overall.

On the larger ships there is not the same issues as the C 1 & 2's  on the R ships ... some  are under the theater