On Riviera Now- 1/14 - 1/28

macaroni

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes...when sharing comes back 🥂 (Have I missed its return?)

Indeed!  We’ve shared several times this cruise.  Someone from the reservations department has been soliciting “sharers” most days in Terrace at lunchtime.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interested in reading more about the current onboard experience regarding the supremely essential topic of daily trivia. At which venue are the games taking place? Are teams limited to cabin mates? With the Entertainment staff limited, who is conducting the afternoon games? Is there any after dinner trivia this voyage?

Is Oceania offering shore excursions for the newly-added port stops? 

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Interested in reading more about the current onboard experience regarding the supremely essential topic of daily trivia. At which venue are the games taking place? Are teams limited to cabin mates? With the Entertainment staff limited, who is conducting the afternoon games? Is there any after dinner trivia this voyage?

Is Oceania offering shore excursions for the newly-added port stops? 

Thanks!

Only able to respond to your final question. Yes, there were excursions when we returned to Saint Martin yesterday and today in Tortola.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, espmass said:

Which ports did you end up getting to and where are you still going before returning to Miami?  Any information given regarding Covid cases onboard?  Hope you are all enjoying the cruise!

Read back through this thread where there are posts specifying the new ports.

As for Covid details, suffice to say that some few passengers/crew have done quarantine for whatever reasons (not necessarily Covid but perhaps symptoms or close contact of anyone of a number of possible issues). It would serve zero purpose for the Master (or any officer) to give numerical data that may change hour to hour, be incorrect, Blah blah blah. The CDC’s color chart is all you need. If a ship is “red,” that is reason for concern. Riviera (like pretty much every ship now cruising) is yellow.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all passengers, crew, and O for working to keep cruising going at different great costs maybe to all of you.  I hope this will help keep our fall Riviera cruise happening.  I hope we will all soon find a new normal.  Please keep this thread going.

6 minutes ago, tvmovielover said:

Thanks to all passengers, crew, and O for working to keep cruising going at different great costs maybe to all of you.  I hope this will help keep our fall Riviera cruise happening.  I hope we will all soon find a new normal.  Please keep this thread going.

After today, there are two sea days than back to Miami. Not much to keep it going other than to ask who is the passenger with the endless supply of cowboy hats who refuses to take them off in the restaurants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

After today, there are two sea days than back to Miami. Not much to keep it going other than to ask who is the passenger with the endless supply of cowboy hats who refuses to take them off in the restaurants. 

😄thanks

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Enjoy your two days!  Hope you have warm sunshine and smooth seas.  Thanks for all your information along the way.

We are sailing out on  Feb. 7th and have been following since Nymich started the first thread.  Thank you so much for posting the new normal onboard O’s Rivera!  As a result of all your posts we plan to sail on the 7th!  I appreciate the unbiased reviews you have provided sprinkled with a good portion of humor.  

• Like 5

Hot news flash: I received my booklet and luggage tags in the mail today from Oceania’s corporate office in Miami for THIS cruise, which we cancelled only 10 days before sailing. I kid you not. The transmittal letter is undated so I do not know when it was mailed.

More importantly, still hoping for answers to my extremely 😉important trivia questions I asked in post #327 above.

Wishing you uneventful sailing for the remainder of your adventures.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I can't even imagine the packing logistics of something like that. I have enough issues with my one Panama while traveling. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Why is he not asked to remove his hat when in a dining room?

Women wear hats in restaurants, men remove them. Women wear hats in church, men remove them. The priest wears a hat (of sorts), the male parishioner isn't supposed to.  I wonder what God thinks about hats. 🤔

55 minutes ago, tgg said:

Women wear hats in restaurants, men remove them. Women wear hats in church, men remove them. The priest wears a hat (of sorts), the male parishioner isn't supposed to.  I wonder what God thinks about hats. 🤔

Gender bias 🤔

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

Why is he not asked to remove his hat when in a dining room?

ya think? 
Yes, a maitre d’ should have said something. He wears the hats in Specialties and even wore one in LaReserve (thankfully at a different table). Thank God he never lit the cigar he sometimes carries around with him.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, CintiPam said:

At which venue are the games taking place? Are teams limited to cabin mates? With the Entertainment staff limited, who is conducting the afternoon games? Is there any after dinner trivia this voyage?

Trivia teams are limited to 8 people.  You can make up your team with anyone you want and sit as close to them as you want in the Riviera Lounge.   No drinks are allowed in the Riviera Lounge to ensure you keep your mask on while sitting next to someone.  Paul is doing a great job with the trivia questions.  When the Entertainment team were in quarantine he also did the 8:30 quiz in Horizons.   Some evenings it may be name that tune with the piano player in Martinis.  

The Entertainment team are back doing the games.  They are all being played outside.  Normally it has been  bocce ball at 9 am,  table tennis at 11 am and after lunch at 2 pm is golf putting then at 3 shuffleboard.   

Today and the next two days we are back on our regular itinerary.  😀  I think in all we had 7 port changes/cancelations.  Two days in Barbados, twice in St. Martaan and a new port of Tortula (which was a great port)   We expected changes (maybe not so many) but are having a great time and are glad we are cruising.      

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mjox32 said:

Trivia teams are limited to 8 people.  You can make up your team with anyone you want and sit as close to them as you want in the Riviera Lounge.   No drinks are allowed in the Riviera Lounge to ensure you keep your mask on while sitting next to someone.  Paul is doing a great job with the trivia questions.  When the Entertainment team were in quarantine he also did the 8:30 quiz in Horizons.   Some evenings it may be name that tune with the piano player in Martinis.  

The Entertainment team are back doing the games.  They are all being played outside.  Normally it has been  bocce ball at 9 am,  table tennis at 11 am and after lunch at 2 pm is golf putting then at 3 shuffleboard.   

Today and the next two days we are back on our regular itinerary.  😀  I think in all we had 7 port changes/cancelations.  Two days in Barbados, twice in St. Martaan and a new port of Tortula (which was a great port)   We expected changes (maybe not so many) but are having a great time and are glad we are cruising.      

Just now, Kstornado said:

Thanks to everyone who has posted. We had our tests today & tested negative so we are on our way to Miami on Thursday for Friday embarkation. Any of you who have posted on the next cruise? We are calling it the mystery cruise since we have no idea what the itinerary will be, but who cares!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

ya think? 
Yes, a maitre d’ should have said something. He wears the hats in Specialties and even wore one in LaReserve (thankfully at a different table). Thank God he never lit the cigar he sometimes carries around with him.

Maybe he is a close relation to the man who was seated with us at Jacques a few years back on a Riviera Caribbean cruise wearing a backwards baseball cap throughout the meal who insisted he had to wear a head covering all the time, including meals, because he was suffering from PTSD since his service in Vietnam.

My concern regarding the hat disappeared when it became apparent that he was drunk already by our 6:30 pm reservation. He would disappear between courses to tipple somewhere else. (You simply cannot make these things up!) 

Edited by CintiPam

1 hour ago, mjox32 said:

Thanks so much for answering my trivia questions. I really appreciate it.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Maybe he is a close relation to the man who was seated with us at Jacques a few years back on a Riviera Caribbean cruise wearing a backwards baseball cap throughout the meal who insisted he had to wear a head covering all the time, including meals, because he was suffering from PTSD since his service in Vietnam.

My concern regarding the hat disappeared when it became apparent that he was drunk already by our 6:30 pm reservation. He would disappear between courses to tipple somewhere else. (You simply cannot make these things up!) 

On a serious note: a lot of staff don’t want to make waves. And that’s why it’s so important for folks to complain (nicely) about bad behavior. This puts the onus on the crew to do something since now there’s be a new upset person (albeit rightly so).