How to figure out FCC

Posting here, but also have now emailed TA a third time asking they look into this - the specific TA that I used is no longer with the larger company that I can tell, so I am dealing with the general customer service  for the OTA.  I generally don't go through them to book but my first cruise was a group cruise I was joining a friend on and that is who was managing the group.  I went through the cancellation / rebook for all of the cruises with this OTA as it was just easier that way.

Like most, I have had several cruises cancelled since March of 2020.  I have had FCCs reissued so many times that I have lost count and on top I didn't always get an email with the certificate number and amount.  Should I have been more dilligient of course but here we are.

Has anyone had any luck calling RCCL or emailing / dm on social and ask if they can look up your FCC and give you your certificate numbers / amounts / expiry dates?  Even if these were issued under bookings you made with a TA?  Or is there another avenue to find this out?  I wish  they would just list them under your CA# online 🙂   Wishful thinking right

Thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Posting here, but also have now emailed TA a third time asking they look into this - the specific TA that I used is no longer with the larger company that I can tell, so I am dealing with the general customer service  for the OTA.  I generally don't go through them to book but my first cruise was a group cruise I was joining a friend on and that is who was managing the group.  I went through the cancellation / rebook for all of the cruises with this OTA as it was just easier that way.

Like most, I have had several cruises cancelled since March of 2020.  I have had FCCs reissued so many times that I have lost count and on top I didn't always get an email with the certificate number and amount.  Should I have been more dilligient of course but here we are.

Has anyone had any luck calling RCCL or emailing / dm on social and ask if they can look up your FCC and give you your certificate numbers / amounts / expiry dates?  Even if these were issued under bookings you made with a TA?  Or is there another avenue to find this out?  I wish  they would just list them under your CA# online 🙂   Wishful thinking right

Thanks in advance

Since the FCC's belong to you and not the TA you can absolutely call and inquire.  If there are issues in how they were issued or incorrect amounts  it may have to go through the TA but if they are straight forward you should have no issues.  You just need your original booking number.

Call post cruise guest relations at 800.256.6649

• Thanks 1

I had a difficult time getting in touch with my TA.  Called C&A desk and they were very professional and helped me.  I simply told them that it does not involve a booking but simply credits due you.  Just be sure that you have a trail on each certificate for comparison.

PS.  I was able to transfer my son and granddaughter's FCCs to my name and I applied them to my September 3 Allure sail.  They will not transfer FCCs unless there's an open booking.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks in advance

Are you good with algebra and imaginary numbers? That knowledge will help figure this out.   🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Try to have a figure as close as possible to what they might owe you in FCC. Spoke  to Crown & Anchor the other day. First person came back with 1/2 The amount I was owed & would not budge.

I had not taken a cruise since it was issued but it was applied to 3 different cruises that were canceled.

I asked for a supervisor and I had an email with the original amount posted on it(they did not ask to see it) As soon as I said that the supervisor looked deeper and found the entire amount. Good luck be prepared to spend awhile on the phone, but it is worth it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks in advance

Still going through this nightmare. Still not resolved. Each cancellation has generated smaller newer FCCs and total confusion which Royal cannot figure out.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Still going through this nightmare. Still not resolved. Each cancellation has generated smaller newer FCCs and total confusion which Royal cannot figure out.

This may be my case!  I had a whole paid in full cruise that I should have a FCC for, and  I was just sent that my FCC is $164 .... um ?!?  

9 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

This may be my case!  I had a whole paid in full cruise that I should have a FCC for, and  I was just sent that my FCC is $164 .... um ?!?  

Exactly! Instead of one whole big FCC they keep generating in itty bitty amounts.

In the middle of it all, we also had a TA con us out of money. I had posted about it and was bludgeoned by that TA's wicket keepers on the threads. Royal removed them as our agents and took the booking back. All FCCs on that booking were removed and new ones generated......they kept multiplying in small amounts like germs!😁

And we had to move some cruises (which had FCCs of FCCs x 3 or 4) as well, so that is another mammoth confusion. It is going to be a long project sorting this out, I think Royal is equally confused.😁

Edited by Arzeena

On 1/18/2022 at 10:16 AM, nelblu said:

I had a difficult time getting in touch with my TA.  Called C&A desk and they were very professional and helped me.  I simply told them that it does not involve a booking but simply credits due you.  Just be sure that you have a trail on each certificate for comparison.

PS.  I was able to transfer my son and granddaughter's FCCs to my name and I applied them to my September 3 Allure sail.  They will not transfer FCCs unless there's an open booking.

You can get FCC's transferred from Children or grandchildren but it is a very difficult to do, I had to email Michael Bayley's office to results.