New to brb cruise

Bjbilly

What happens on the turn around day do we have to get off ship or can we stay on ? Been on many cruises but never did byob before will be on Alure what about lunch do we go to windjammer or dining room? Thanks for any info

You wait u till everyone else is off. You get a letter where ro meet and what time and they take you off and back on.  WJ ... when its opened. Sometimes I've had to wait but it's nice when the ship is quiet. Enjoy it.

Adding that the day before turn around they will test you. In case you weren't aware of getting retested for the next leg.

Edited by firefly333

7 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

What happens on the turn around day do we have to get off ship or can we stay on ? Been on many cruises but never did byob before will be on Alure what about lunch do we go to windjammer or dining room? Thanks for any info

You will receive a TAD letter in your cabin a day or two prior to the end of the first leg. It will have detailed instructions for your specific cruise on TAD. In the past there was always a TAD meeting (invitation) a day or two prior to the end of the first leg. If they are doing that for your B2B cruise I recommend you attend that. A lot of good info and Q&As. In the past (our experiences) there was always a lunch served in the MDR for consecutive cruisers.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

In the past (our experiences) there was always a lunch served in the MDR for consecutive cruisers.  

Lunch and welcome it seems can even vary from week to week. I'm watching liberty and this week they were offered a glass of bubbly.  The week before WJ had a seafood buffet and people were so happy. Lobster runs out, get it fast. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HappyCruiser54 said:

When on B2B and you purchase alcohol do they deliver to room at end of first cruise or hold until end of second cruise? 

When I was on a b2b last November on Oasis they delivered the alcohol from the first week at the end of the first cruise. I doubt they pay enough attention to who is on a b2b when passing it out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HappyCruiser54 said:

When on B2B and you purchase alcohol do they deliver to room at end of first cruise or hold until end of second cruise? 

They say it will be delivered at the end of the second leg.  Once or twice, we purchased a bottle the final afternoon of the first cruise and they just gave it to us to carry out if the store, so we stored it in the cabin the second week😉

5 minutes ago, willtr03 said:

When I was on a b2b last November on Oasis they delivered the alcohol from the first week at the end of the first cruise. I doubt they pay enough attention to who is on a b2b when passing it out

I read there were 180 b2b on liberty just getting the covid test.

That's a lot to track if they bought booze in the shops.

We are doing a B2B on Explorer in April.  We will get an "in transit" card and a new SeaPass card so we can get off the ship, enjoy the beach in San Juan and then just get back on the ship when we feel like it without having to check in again. 

I know we will have to be retested if they are still requiring that, but then will get off the ship and head to the beach.

1 hour ago, willtr03 said:

The liquor store has a list of B2Bers.  Best thing to do is the afternoon of the first cruise, purchase what you want for the 2nd cruise, and like one poster said, carry it out to your stateroom.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:05 PM, davekathy said:

You will receive a TAD letter in your cabin a day or two prior to the end of the first leg. It will have detailed instructions for your specific cruise on TAD. In the past there was always a TAD meeting (invitation) a day or two prior to the end of the first leg. If they are doing that for your B2B cruise I recommend you attend that. A lot of good info and Q&As. In the past (our experiences) there was always a lunch served in the MDR for consecutive cruisers.  

Sadly -  on the last 4 sets on B2B ( since the restart) , on Allure and Harmony there was NO MDR B2B  lunch.  We had WJ on Allure and Solarium on Harmony.  On the last B2B on Harmony there was poor signage and no one policing the door so anyone could (and did) come in and enjoy the lunch.  No big deal, there was plenty to go around.

M

• Thanks 1