Double Mariner Points with HIA Package

SUESEABE

My daughter just told me that she saw a post on a Holland America Facebook group that you get double Mariner points on your cruise if you booked with 'Have It All' Package. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

29 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

My daughter just told me that she saw a post on a Holland America Facebook group that you get double Mariner points on your cruise if you booked with 'Have It All' Package. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I didn't in my verandah stateroom this month.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

Not true.  I have found that most of what is posted on that page is incorrect.  It's good that you asked here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You don't get "double points" but it may work out the same as if you did.  The value of everything included in HIA is factored in - you get an extra day for each $300 worth of those items.  Also, if you booked and paid for anything before embarking - like a cabana, spa stuff, specialty dining, etc - that also is factored in.  I had an 11-night cruise in December in an oceanview stateroom and received 11 for the stateroom and 11 for the extra spending.  That second 11 could have easily been 10 or 9, if I'd spent less.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies. That didn't sound right to me. I feel so much more comfortable getting the straight answer from knowledgeable CC'ers. I have 2 verandah staterooms booked with HIA for end of February. So I will get value for the purchase of extras but not double points per say. Thanks again.

• Like 2

I feel slighted because I pay double as a solo but don't get double Mariner points (Princess and some other lines give solos double from what I have read here on CC).  I guess it doesn't bother me enough to stop booking on HAL though since I like the line!

~Nancy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

I feel slighted because I pay double as a solo but don't get double Mariner points (Princess and some other lines give solos double from what I have read here on CC).  I guess it doesn't bother me enough to stop booking on HAL though since I like the line!

~Nancy

I really think there should be a solo bonus (on top of suite & onboard spend). We pay double, and if you also have to spend double onboard to maximize the onboard spend credit. It is much easier as a couple at $150/person vs $300 by your self. Same money I know, but it would be a really nice way for them to take the sting out of the single supplement in a way that costs them basically nothing. Then again I keep booking also and they don't do anything now and that costs them even less. Oh well

• Like 2