2 points per night promotion, is it over?

alexgtp

13 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Real happy to have booked a GS for 13 nights on that promotion.  That's nearly "one cruise from D to D+" territory.

Hopefully things get a little more sane and settled in the next 100 days, when we board.

Not quite. 😄

We have a 10 night and 12 night in OSs (delta above GS was not much).  And I just made D last cruise.  After the second, will be D+ with few extra points.

11 minutes ago, frosty52 said:
  • yes, they were booked before September 2021 😉

On the cabin that's not a suite, if the JS price drops you can still upgrade for the extra pts as long as you keep same booking number.

But dont do royal up as you dont get the extra solo pt and whatever solo bids its x 2. Only paid upgrades thru rcl get the suite pts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frosty52 said:

So if I booked a GS under this promo I would get 4x the normal points for that cruise (isn't it normally double points for a GS so under this promo it is double plus double)?

Technically a GS is 1 point plus 1 point per night.  Solo is also +1.

The promotion was double what you would have earned.

9 hours ago, frosty52 said:

So if I booked a GS under this promo I would get 4x the normal points for that cruise (isn't it normally double points for a GS so under this promo it is double plus double)?

Technically a GS is 1 point plus 1 point per night.  Solo is also +1.

The promotion was double what you would have earned.

We have a B2B2B coming up in July in a suite that was booked under the promo, and it is a 5+8+8 night cruise which will give us a total of 84 points. Based on where we stand overall on points, that will also get us two blocks - one on the first lag and one more on the last leg. We will pass on the second block.🛳️🛳️🛳️

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Not quite. 😄

We have a 10 night and 12 night in OSs (delta above GS was not much).  And I just made D last cruise.  After the second, will be D+ with few extra points.

The 52 from this one is nearly half our existing total (yes, I hear some laughter from the more 'experienced' audience). An  8-nighter in our customary "GS or if we get a good deal on an OS" afterwards gets us to D+

Literally, that's 3 level-ups where we were just short unless we did something strange.

2nd cruise got us to 28 - platinum was 30
3rd got us to 50 - Emerald was 55

5th one - specifically booked an 8-night to get to 80 for Diamond

21 hours ago, pcur said:

I thought the double points showed up in your C&A account on RCCL's web site, just like they always do after a cruise.  Am I wrong?

yes they do, after the cruise is over.  We have 12 booked for this year and had 4 for last year when cruising restarted.  All of the ones I have already taken-the double points reflect in my account when I log it.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, frosty52 said:
  • yes, they were booked before September 2021 😉

Are you currently a Gold or above C&A member?  If not, you will not get double points on your first cruise.

Edit:  It looks like you've had at least 2 cruises with RCCL.

Edited by Another_Critic