Connecting Aft Cabins

Jessie2013

I'm new to Princess & looking to book a connecting Aft cabin, specifically for an Alaskan cruise.  Do the suites (say, E732 on the Emerald) connect to E734?  More specifically, do the balconies open up to eachother?  Is considered a "wrap around aft" for Princess?  

I'm looking for 2 rooms, as "wrap around" as possible, aft.  Any other rooms I should be looking at?

Thank you!

When looking at the deck plans on Princess.com, you can click a checkbox to only see connecting cabins. That will let you know which ones are connecting.

I can't see any aft cabins that are connecting on Emerald.

40 minutes ago, nini said:

I just watched this on Youtube. It looks like the two balconies can have a door opened between the two but not fully open. I could not find connecting rooms.

The door between the two balconies may be opened to allow access.  When you say "not fully open", you can walk through it and usually they may be pinned back in the open position.  You were not thinking the steward would dismantle the entire partition were you?  There is also a fire safety element to balconies since the Star Princess balcony fire incident.  Since then sprinklers have been added to balconies, fire retardant furniture and a smoking ban.

Regards John

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, john watson said:

The door between the two balconies may be opened to allow access.  When you say "not fully open", you can walk through it and usually they may be pinned back in the open position.  You were not thinking the steward would dismantle the entire partition were you?  There is also a fire safety element to balconies since the Star Princess balcony fire incident.  Since then sprinklers have been added to balconies, fire retardant furniture and a smoking ban.

Regards John

I am not the OP. I was explaining to the OP that there is a DOOR that you can go through, but NOT remove the entire wall! And of course, I was not implying to the OP that they could remove the wall. I think the OP wanted full access between the cabins which is why I said "not fully open". Geez

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nini said:

I am not the OP. I was explaining to the OP that there is a DOOR that you can go through, but NOT remove the entire wall! And of course, I was not implying to the OP that they could remove the wall. I think the OP wanted full access between the cabins which is why I said "not fully open". Geez

I was simply clarifying the ambiguity for the OP

Regards John

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you. It did not read that way, due to quoting me.

I apologise if you were upset.  The original ambiguity was set up in my own post #4 where I say "open the balcony partition", whereas I should have said "open the door in the balcony partition". Thus making it clear that only the door get opened.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, john watson said:

I apologise if you were upset.  The original ambiguity was set up in my own post #4 where I say "open the balcony partition", whereas I should have said "open the door in the balcony partition". Thus making it clear that only the door get opened.

Regards John

Thank you. We are good to go.

If you are looking for cabins that have an inside door between them - like regular hotel adjoining rooms,  yes there are some cabins available that have that feature. Your TA  or Princess should be able to tell you which balcony cabins are connecting cabins with the interior door. Or if you do mock bookings it will tell you if one cabin connects with another. 

as others have said if you don’t need the interior door you can ask your Steward to open the small divider partition  between the balconies so you can pass between the balcony cabins. 

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Basilon said:

Anyone got experience of connecting cabins on Caribbean Princess? Just booked two connecting cabins and wondering how the connecting door operates.

Quite often where cabins interconnect with a doorway within the cabin your door has a lock which you can unlock then when you open the door towards you you see a second identical door which you can open if it is unlocked.  In this way access is only available where both parties have their door unlocked.

Regards John

• Haha 2

There is a big difference if you are:

1.  Looking for balcony partitions to be opened

verses

2.  Cabins have connecting doors between the cabin walls.

Also, I do believe the aft suites do not have interior connecting doors AND the entry doors are on the starboard (for one) and port (for the other).  No way to go down one passage way to enter both/either suites.

I could be wrong.  Referencing only Grand/GEM class ships.  But still could be wrong.  lol 

• Like 1