Feb. 2, 2022 Koningsdam Live Cruise Report, San Diego - Hawaii - San Diego

Just now, RlyLvn said:

If you are BtoB do you have to get tested in SD?

They have said that passengers who are continuing on to Mexico, will be tested onboard before we get to Mexico.  Passengers who are flying out of San Diego to another country will also be tested onboard.

Edited by Newly Retired Teachers
  • Like 1

Just now, victory2020 said:

May I ask a dumb question, is this your menu for tonight? I'm going to my app and it shows 4 my cruise this is the menu. Just wondering if they're taking whatever menu is on for the day and showing me that

Screenshot_20220216-100247_Drive.jpg

Yup, that's what we see on the ship. That may be from last night though. Not sure if it updated for tonight yet.

3 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Yup, that's what we see on the ship. That may be from last night though. Not sure if it updated for tonight yet.

Thanks. I am trying to figure out which night for specialty. I'm only on a 7 day in March.Have you seen Beef wellington? Don't want to miss that.

20 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks. I am trying to figure out which night for specialty. I'm only on a 7 day in March.Have you seen Beef wellington? Don't want to miss that.

This thread is about an 18 day cruise, which will have a much larger variety of foods. So, having Beef Wellington on this cruise in no way implies you will see it on a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CruiserBruce said:

This thread is about an 18 day cruise, which will have a much larger variety of foods. So, having Beef Wellington on this cruise in no way implies you will see it on a 7 day cruise.

True, but wondering if it was even a dish that they make anymore - Carnival & apparently Princess seems to have dropped it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

We had beef Wellington a few nights ago. It was delicious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sansterre said:

Yesterday in Nawiliwili, Kauai we took a tour up the river to Fern Grotto

and Opeakaa Falls.

fern grotto.jpg

Opeakaa Falls, Kauii.jpg

Did you book the tour through the cruise line or on your own? We are on the POA in June and I am trying to get some excursion ideas.

11 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The menu changed on my app now. Apparently this is what you're having for dinner tonight

Screenshot_20220216-114006_Drive.jpg

This is tonight's menu in MDR.  I usually go with the fish dish, but the sweet and sour chicken provided a nice change tonight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mfon1 said:

Did you book the tour through the cruise line or on your own? We are on the POA in June and I am trying to get some excursion ideas.

We booked the tour through HAL as we were only in port and didn't want to miss our departure time in this port as the next port will be Ensenada!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beegie_G said:

Does anyone know the San Diego Post-Cruise Hotel options? Was one the Bayside Wyndham ....right across from SAN cruise terminal?

I don’t know what Holland offers but we stayed there last month after we disembarked.  They let us check in at 11:00.  We walked there.  Great place.  Walkable to Seaport Village and Little Italy

• Like 1

Just want to share that the Captain, during his 12 pm update, mentioned that the Koningsdam is doing very well in terms of COVID this cruise.  There are still consistent reminders to wear a mask over mouth and nose, and to wash hands frequently.  But it was nice to have the reassurance that things are going well this time.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

Paid testing Yes.....testing everyone before boarding No.

David

David - do you know if that will be the case when we embark Zuiderdam on the 27th? (not testing everyone pre-boarding, just testing those that paid)

Edited by zelker

33 minutes ago, zelker said:

David - do you know if that will be the case when we embark Zuiderdam on the 27th? (not testing everyone pre-boarding, just testing those that paid)

That could have to do where the Zuiderdam is sailing to. Hawaii and Panama Canal have additional testing requirements, as discussed around the board many times.

Koningsdam is also sailing from San Diego on the 27th.