Tote bags?

vickykay

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'd glad you wrote this. I was going to respond that as a frequent cruiser I collect these types of bags from all different types of places which is why I have more than I can use. TBH it just dawned on me that I
should just leave it in the cabin and NOT TAKE IT rather than literally having bags of bags at home in a closet collecting dust. 

Speaking of old bags, my ex was obsessed with anything free, even if it cost us thousands to get that free item .  Never used it again just took it home put in a box never to be seen again, well not until we sold the house and I had to haul it all out to the trash 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The nice Celebrity canvas bags used to be given to Concierge Class cabins, but that had gone away the last time I sailed before the shutdown.  Not a problem as I have many of them.  And I use them for many different things.  The cheap ones go to the thrift store with stuff being donated inside them or get left on the ship.

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL---There are still 20 bars of soap, lotions, shampoo, conditioner , and 60 chocolates that they leave on the pillow at night in the bag !!   Isn't that why they leave the bag there in the first place ?

Some years ago we organized a 2 week antique car tour.  Asked the 100 participants to put unused soaps, shampoos etc in a large box in our support truck.  3 weeks later we had filled 10 large boxes.  Donated them to a shelter.  

Had chocolates given to us 2 nights.  All of those were immediately eaten.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

We sailed on the equinox early march and part of our gift from the cruiseline /travel agent was 2 tote bags to carry our gifts in, well they didn't have any so I asked our room steward

1st day of the cruise, well day 7 I asked again he said let me call my supervisor , so in the end they gave us 8.00 a bag, which there wasn't anything in shops to buy for that price that could hold our items. 

11 minutes ago, familyofd said:

We sailed on the equinox early march and part of our gift from the cruiseline /travel agent was 2 tote bags to carry our gifts in, well they didn't have any so I asked our room steward

1st day of the cruise, well day 7 I asked again he said let me call my supervisor , so in the end they gave us 8.00 a bag, which there wasn't anything in shops to buy for that price that could hold our items. 

In spite of the tote bag fiasco, did you still have a nice cruise vacation?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The tote bags in Suite staterooms are a higher quality.

if you're in a Royal suite you don't get a tote bag. You get a little donkey with wicker baskets on it's back that follows you about. Ours was called Dave (stupid name for a donkey) and loved carrots.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, talljules1 said:

if you're in a Royal suite you don't get a tote bag. You get a little donkey with wicker baskets on it's back that follows you about. Ours was called Dave (stupid name for a donkey) and loved carrots.

As long as I don't have to clean up after him.

Laura

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

As long as I don't have to clean up after him.

Laura

Next time someone starts a thread asking what to request from a Butler/Retreat Host, Imma answer, "Have him clean up after the donkey."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

What cabin class on Apex? As I understand it, the Nate Berkus style bags are specific to Edge class vessels.

Apex is an E Class ship and have in the past gotten them in suites.  Just saw one in my closet still in it’s plastic bag, time to get rid of it.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:51 PM, talljules1 said:

Well that’s me out of a Royal Suite then. I only want a donkey called Roderick who eats sweetcorn.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Realblonde474 said:

You guys are hysterical. I just want a cute pool boy...

LOL--- We could have a lot of " fun " with this one.

cute pool boy.."  --- on a Celebrity ship ??? Yikes---Good luck !!

Because this site is Cruise Critic--- I don't see nothing to " critic zise " .

Just one question:

Is it a prerequisite that the " cute pool boy " has lots of $$$$  and is under 72 yrs old ?

• Haha 1