Port Canaveral Cruise terminal parking

Reijo

It has been many years since we have parked at the cruise terminal.  Do we have have to get in a car line to drop your luggage off, park, then check in OR can you park, roll your luggage to an area to have it picked up and then check in.  Many changes since the last time we did this.  Appreciate any help.

The absolute simplest thing (IMHO) is to pull into the garage, follow the signs to  checked luggage drop off.  Hand to the many porters waiting for you, then drive back out to park in the garage.  There was never a line at drop off.  Sharp left hand turn as you exit, and then up the ramp.  

You will prepay the parking with the attendant.  Elevators on both ends, though check in line is on the left side (west side).  I would go with that one.  Then an easy roll of your carry on bags to check right in located right there as you exit the elevator.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

The absolute simplest thing is to pull into the garage, follow the signs to luggage drop off.  Hand to the many porters waiting for you, then drive back out to park in the garage.  Sharp left hand turn as you exit, and then up the ramp.  

You will prepay the parking with the attendant.  Elevators on both ends, though check in line is on the left side (west side).  I would go with that one.  

Thanks for your response.  The last time we parked at the port, we dropped our luggage off first.....after about a 30 MINUTE wait in line!!!!  Haven't done that since.  It must be different/better now.  Our check in is 11:30 so hopefully it will be before the big rush.

8 minutes ago, Reijo said:

Thanks for your response.  The last time we parked at the port, we dropped our luggage off first.....after about a 30 MINUTE wait in line!!!!  Haven't done that since.  It must be different/better now.  Our check in is 11:30 so hopefully it will be before the big rush.

You are most welcome.  

You should have no problem.  Pull right up, do the hand off, and up to park. 

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reijo said:

We always park and just roll the bags down not sure why guess I have always thought that there would be a big line up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We always park and just roll the bags down not sure why guess I have always thought that there would be a big line up

I drop bags around 9:30-10am, then come back later to check in. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind Terminal 1 now has three ships sailing from there.  Independence, Mariner and Harmony.  The parking garage was never designed for that many.

If the garage is full you will be directed to a lot across the street…..no cover….same price.  If that lot gets full you are then directed to a grass lot nearby again..…no cover….same price….

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Keep in mind Terminal 1 now has three ships sailing from there.  Independence, Mariner and Harmony.  The parking garage was never designed for that many.

If the garage is full you will be directed to a lot across the street…..no cover….same price.  If that lot gets full you are then directed to a grass lot nearby again..…no cover….same price….

The overflow (paved) parking lot is simply across the single lane access driveway where the shuttles come in.  It was just as fast and easy to park there, as it is in the garage. 

Only difference parking in the garage is overhead cover from the sun and most of the weather....unless you end up on the roof...which is open air as well.  Many end up on the roof, which has the most parking per level. 

We still had dirt, soot, and sea salty air all over the vehicle sitting in the garage two weeks when we returned, just like when we parked in the open lot for two weeks previous.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I drop bags around 9:30-10am, then come back later to check in. 

I asked the porter this last time what time they start taking luggage.  Was shocked when he told me starting around 7-7:30!  😮 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, island lady said:

I asked the porter this last time what time they start taking luggage.  Was shocked when he told me starting around 7-7:30!  😮 

Not surprising.  When we got there in November we arrived at 9:30 and they were all standing around waiting for folks to arrive.  We were the first to arrive for Indy's sailing on Monday.  Our check in time was 11:00.   Dropped off luggage and drove up the ramp to park.  I would rather drop off and then park than park and drag the luggage downstairs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Not surprising.  When we got there in November we arrived at 9:30 and they were all standing around waiting for folks to arrive.  We were the first to arrive for Indy's sailing on Monday.  Our check in time was 11:00.   Dropped off luggage and drove up the ramp to park.  I would rather drop off and then park than park and drag the luggage downstairs.

Same exact thing with us.  Must have been a dozen porters standing around waiting to take luggage around 9:30.  Quick drop and off to park.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choochella said:

Hi. Are there other places to park besides the terminal lot, like a Park n Go? Or, any other outside lots with shuttle service to the port?

We use Park n Cruise almost 95% of the time.  Problem now is that they are running buses every half hour.  I don't want to wait after disembarkation, for perhaps 30 minutes before another bus comes.  They are great though and they will probably be up and running as normal, whenever ships are full.

1 hour ago, choochella said:

Hi. Are there other places to park besides the terminal lot, like a Park n Go? Or, any other outside lots with shuttle service to the port?

Many of them.  Google park Port Canaveral.  

Big brand new one, though has grassy lot, is near the draw bridge on state road 3 (Courtenay Parkway) on the north side of the bridge.   I have always liked ParknCruise.   They give you a free park for every 5, and do Veterans discounts.  

We have started parking at the terminal garage lately, since pricing seems to be going up for off site parking.  And finding soooo much more convenient.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Many of them.  Google park Port Canaveral.  

Big brand new one, though has grassy lot near the draw bridge on state road 3 (Courtenay Parkway) on the north side of the bridge.   I have always liked ParknCruise.   They give you a free park for every 5, and do Veterans discounts.  

Just wish Park n Cruise were shuttling more than every 30 minutes.....according to their website.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reijo said:

Just wish Park n Cruise were shuttling more than every 30 minutes.....according to their website.

Haven't used them since before Covid shut down.   All of our post Covid cruises now have been parking at the terminal.  Just a whole lot easier for us, and not that much more money IMHO.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Haven't used them since before Covid shut down.   All of our post Covid cruises now have been parking at the terminal.  Just a whole lot easier for us, and not that much more money IMHO.  

Plus One

• Like 1