Searching for Cruises as a Single Passenger

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

We aren't allowed to name travel agent sites.

Why would being a single passenger make any difference in finding and booking a cruise?

There are better sites that will give the solo price right off. Cant name one but there are some that dont require you to click thru. Mostly matters if the solo supplement not 100%.

Rcl also doesnt often show the solo cabins on the ships that have them. Jewel has a couple for instance I can see on the other site I cant name. I called a few times and 3 reps told me they dont exist. They do have a few. 

Once i hit 340 pts and dont care about pts i might book a solo cabin. It's nice to at least see them.

55 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

We aren't allowed to name travel agent sites.

Why would being a single passenger make any difference in finding and booking a cruise?

It's quite difficult to search for single rates on RCCL in comparison to say NCL.  You can't search on the website using it as a criteria to search for deals like you can for two people.  I forgot about that rule, but sounds like there is no trick to use on the RCCL website which I assume we can discuss.

Edited by dolfan1980
  • Like 1

One thing you can keep an eye open for are the "sales" in which 30%, 40%, etc. off the 2nd guest are offered.  When you book as a solo passenger, that % is still applied against the other half of your solo fare.  It's effectively a single cruiser discount.

5 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Hope I'm not in trouble for posting it, but it is extremely useful.  Cruise Plum.

That site is fine to mention. The only downside is that you can't include C&A discounts, but for the initial search, it's great.

• Like 1

Only problem I've found so far with Cruise Plum is I'm quite set on an October 2022 trip on Serenade that stops at Grand Cayman, but the numbers don't match up.  CP has the solo inside cabin at base fare of 480, but RCI says it's almost 800.  Something is messed up on RCI I think.

20 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Only problem I've found so far with Cruise Plum is I'm quite set on an October 2022 trip on Serenade that stops at Grand Cayman, but the numbers don't match up.  CP has the solo inside cabin at base fare of 480, but RCI says it's almost 800.  Something is messed up on RCI I think.

You have to call or use a TA who knows. I had to tell rcl there were studios .. I looked oct 2022 at serenade and for sure there are studio interiors available. 

I took off the site I used but here is a random date on a site where I can see which studios are available. Be aware 1 loyalty pt. Vs 2 if you book a double occupancy cabin.

20220124_201908.jpg

20220124_201908.jpg

20220124_201840.jpg

20220124_201752349.jpeg