Final Payment Due Question

morfred

My cruise final payment is due. I am elite+. I have a $500 dollar deposit on it. With current conditions I would like to postpone it for up to a year( I have a cruise scheduled next December). Will Celebrity do this or will I lose my deposit? This money was from a previous cruise that we did not go on (I do not remember if it was cancelled or we cancelled).

Forgive me if this has been asked but as much as I try to keep up, things are constantly changing.

I am not sure if it is an FCC. If not I am sure that it is nonrefundable.

I  am just wondering if either one can be pushed out to next December. I just don't feel like paying in full for a cruise 2 months from now with so much uncertainty about itinerary, precautions etc.

• Like 1

Just now, morfred said:

I am not sure if it is an FCC. If not I am sure that it is nonrefundable.

I  am just wondering if either one can be pushed out to next December. I just don't feel like paying in full for a cruise 2 months from now with so much uncertainty about itinerary, precautions etc.

This is exactly what everyone feels when they are due to pay the full amount for a cruise which can most likely get cancelled due to uknown situation in the world. If there is a chance to pospone the payment or make at least an advance payment - I would stick to this option 

When is your cruise?  I read that for cruises in May, they are extending the FP to 60 days before the cruise instead of 90.  Mine was in April and I phoned twice looking for them to extend but got nowhere.  So I cancelled.  Celebrity would rather have an empty cabin, it seems, rather than help a loyal customer.

I hope you get your problem solved to your satisfaction.  Have you looked at the Cruise with Confidence rules?