Covid Test from Dr’s Office

Pookill17

Has anyone had their pre-cruise test done at a doctors office as opposed to the proctored at home test or CVS?  I work for an orthopaedic practice and are a certified lab and do our own in house Covid testing. We have a form with I believe all the necessary info on it. Just hoping the cruise line will accept it. 

15 minutes ago, Pookill17 said:

Has anyone had their pre-cruise test done at a doctors office as opposed to the proctored at home test or CVS?  I work for an orthopaedic practice and are a certified lab and do our own in house Covid testing. We have a form with I believe all the necessary info on it. Just hoping the cruise line will accept it. 

I've seen some not accepted. Make sure its typed with all the information. No hand writing.

Be careful with this.  We recently denied someone's test results who were tested at their PMD.  It was a copied form which anyone could have done in Word and the person's info handwritten.  It also did not contain the lab/dr's CLIA#   The guests were able to test at the port which cost them $99 each.

• Like 1

On our last cruise in November, we got a PCR test at our doctor's office.  We had to wait overnight for the results.

The 'results' were from the accredited laboratory (CPL) posted on our patient portal with a note from the doctor saying the results were negative.

If you read the ship's testing instructions, they clearly state that the results have to come from an accredited testing laboratory and that they will not accept "doctor's notes" alone.  Must have the laboratory results.

1 hour ago, mscinmia said:

Be careful with this.  We recently denied someone's test results who were tested at their PMD.  It was a copied form which anyone could have done in Word and the person's info handwritten.  It also did not contain the lab/dr's CLIA#   The guests were able to test at the port which cost them $99 each.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:00 PM, Pookill17 said:

Thanks everyone. Even though it would cost me nothing to get it done at work I think I’ll go with the at home tests ordered through Royal. 

There should be state, city or county sponsored options that are free.  You could also have it done through a clinical lab using your insurance.  You might first look to the lab your office sends specimens through they don't do in house.  You could also see if one of your physicians or office manager could liaison with the local hospital they use to get it done there.  You could also get a redacted report of the results from your in house lab and submit it to RCL for their opinion on acceptance.  This might help to get you started https://www.tampa.gov/emergency-management/COVID-19/get-tested

• Thanks 1