Regent Splendor 1/24

sassyw

My husband and I are on the Splendor from 1/24 until 2/17 (back to back). There are only 300passengers. The service is exemplary. I cannot say any gluten and a menu was delivered to my caTtodaybin last night which I filled out for tonight's dinner. Gluten free bread is so good. 

saw the first night's show. Very good with taste of what's to come. Alex is the CD and Serena is the Captain. Today we are at Great Stirrup Kay and we didn't feel like tendering so we are just relaxing by the beautiful pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is great to here. I have Celiac and will be on the Explorer for the March 2022 transatlantic. This will be our first Regent cruise and I was concerned about the gluten free options. If you have a chance, please pass along any other gluten free options you discover. We sailed on a 12 day Celebrity cruise in August and they were very accommodating. They even featured a daily gluten free cake at their coffee shop. Thanks. 

28 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

That is great to here. I have Celiac and will be on the Explorer for the March 2022 transatlantic. This will be our first Regent cruise and I was concerned about the gluten free options. If you have a chance, please pass along any other gluten free options you discover. We sailed on a 12 day Celebrity cruise in August and they were very accommodating. They even featured a daily gluten free cake at their coffee shop. Thanks. 

Your TA can alert the ship as to your dietary needs and they can provide you with all your options via email.

1 minute ago, physadv said:

Are small bottles of water readily available again or only at excursion departure stations?

Just ask your stewardess; not a problem to get.  Also amusing that bars (and stewardesses) had bottles of coke and Diet Coke.

On our Explorer Miami to Miami cruise in November Regent introduced the new Vero water system, which included a Vero stainless steel water bottle. Although they still had plastic water bottles available, they placed Vero filling stations (room temperature and cold available) around the ship and a large Vero glass water bottle was placed and replaced in the suites. Credit to Regent for this initiative.

• Like 1

It is now Monday the 31st. We are in Costs Maya Mexico. Took the trolley tour. Dad looking town with a lot of poverty and they really need the tourism.

The gluten free choices are wonderful. Hot rolls with dinner and really good toast at breakfast. By handing in dinner choice before 10 AM the chef fulfills all of my choices. We have dined at Chartreuse and Prime 7 and the food really excels. Favorites are Dover Sole and Alaskan King Crab (2 pounds!!). We are having a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sassyw said:

It is now Monday the 31st. We are in Costs Maya Mexico. Took the trolley tour. Dad looking town with a lot of poverty and they really need the tourism.

The gluten free choices are wonderful. Hot rolls with dinner and really good toast at breakfast. By handing in dinner choice before 10 AM the chef fulfills all of my choices. We have dined at Chartreuse and Prime 7 and the food really excels. Favorites are Dover Sole and Alaskan King Crab (2 pounds!!). We are having a wonderful cruise.

this is great information and so glad it is going so well for you. Hope it continues to be wonderful. 

1 hour ago, sassyw said:

Can you tell me on Splendor if the cooking classes are going on still? And if so, are they just demonstration or participatory as hoped? We board on Thursday and have a number booked with no word that they are “cancelled”. Thanks 

58 minutes ago, macbest said:

Can you tell me on Splendor if the cooking classes are going on still? And if so, are they just demonstration or participatory as hoped? We board on Thursday and have a number booked with no word that they are “cancelled”. Thanks 

I believe they are still demonstration only according to someone I spoke to who sailed on the Explorer.  The money is refunded.  You get to sample what was made and they do serve wine during.  I also have 2 classes booked.  I guess we'll hear more on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Frncie said:

We were originally on this cruise. I thought the ship was supposed to be in Guatemala today.  Do you know if Guatemala is still requiring a Covid test if you want to disembark?

Do not believe the voyage health information on Regent site.  We went into Guatemala in late December and no test was required even though the site continued to state one was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PinkMEB said:

Datawcruiser, I’ve booked the cooking class Feb 15. Are you signed up for that one? It would fun to meet someone else from SC. 

I'm booked for 2/15 and 2/16, 10am. Hope to see you. 

5 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

We did two of the Culinary Arts classes this week on Explorer. 
They are free. 
They are demonstration only. 
Capacity is reduced. 
You do not get to sample what is made. 
Wine is not served. 

Bring a Regent cup and fill it with wine/booze....

1 hour ago, labonnevie said:

We did two of the Culinary Arts classes this week on Explorer. 
They are free. 
They are demonstration only. 
Capacity is reduced. 
You do not get to sample what is made. 
Wine is not served. 

Thanks Labonnevie.  I guess things are evolving.  If that is the case, I will be cancelling.  I'll wait until I board to understand the current requirements.

19 minutes ago, DatawCruiser said:

Thanks Labonnevie.  I guess things are evolving.  If that is the case, I will be cancelling.  I'll wait until I board to understand the current requirements.

Don't cancel - there is no charge for them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sassyw said:

I think you were in Guatemala today....Costa Maya is tomorrow isn't it?

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I think you were in Guatemala today....Costa Maya is tomorrow isn't it?

Yes. We WERE in Guatemala today and actually did not require a covid test prior to going ashore even though our pre-boarding details indicated it would be necessary. 

• Like 1