Late Arrival

NOLALADY

I know Malecon 21 is open until 10:30 or so.  Great place to grab late afternoon beach time and dinner.

Luna de Plata further down at the southern end of Mahahual's beaches is also a great place for dinner.

Nacional Beach Club in the middle of the malecon is also open late.  

There's also a place called Maramao's which is open late.  Never been there but good reviews on Trip Advisor.

There's really not a lot of night life there.  Hotels are bungalow types, but some bars may have local musicians.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, angelbaby129 said:

This is my situation also. I'm not sure what to do. The last time I was in Costa Maya, we left in the early afternoon. I'd like to try The Krazy Lobster this time, but I'm unsure when it closes. I wonder if they'll stay open later when there is a ship in port late?

Website says 6pm.

Keep in mind ship time vs local time depending on time of year and where you are leaving from, also sunset.

I am sure there will  be places to eat and drink as Crew has suggested because there are several in town hotels but I wouldn’t expect much else available.

Edited by c-leg5

18 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

We were at Maya Chan last week. Another ship was in port from 1:00 - 10:00 pm.  They stayed open until 8:30 for them.

Wow it would be dark by then - should make return trip interesting.

Edited by c-leg5

On 2/19/2022 at 6:23 AM, angelbaby129 said:

This is my situation also. I'm not sure what to do. The last time I was in Costa Maya, we left in the early afternoon. I'd like to try The Krazy Lobster this time, but I'm unsure when it closes. I wonder if they'll stay open later when there is a ship in port late?

I messaged Mauricio, the owner of The Krazy Lobster and he just messaged back that they are open till 5:45 and that I wouldn't have an issue getting a taxi back to port at 5:30. I like customer service like this!  Thx Mauricio!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, ninjacat123 said:

I messaged Mauricio, the owner of The Krazy Lobster and he just messaged back that they are open till 5:45 and that I wouldn't have an issue getting a taxi back to port at 5:30. I like customer service like this!  Thx Mauricio!

Thank you! I think we're leaning towards The Krazy Lobster, but want to make sure we have loungers available. When we went to the Tropicante, we were able to reserve loungers ahead of time.

3 hours ago, angelbaby129 said:

Thank you! I think we're leaning towards The Krazy Lobster, but want to make sure we have loungers available. When we went to the Tropicante, we were able to reserve loungers ahead of time.

We enjoyed a couple of brief visits to Krazy Lobster recently while searching for a “new” go-to location. Limited number of loungers was the one negative in our opinion. You could try emailing and ask, but the place is huge (by Mahahual standards) and I am not sure if they would reserve.

9 hours ago, angelbaby129 said:

I have been looking at some of the outside photos on Yelp and it would appear they have more loungers than were available during our visits although they were intermingled with tables and chairs - maybe they have them stacked somewhere? It is certainly much bigger than Tropicante and wider beach frontage.

• 4 months later...

Your thread made me look at our Costa Maya arrival time, and, yep, it’s 1 p.m.  I really hate that, but it might automatically rule out options for us.  For instance, I have no interest heading toward any  ruins that late in a hot July day.  I will be VERY interested in what excursion options are offered through Carnival.