NCL Star Garden Villa

mertziek

I’m looking at NCL Star garden villa videos and floor plans but am confused.  Is there a sundeck off the GV main sundeck on deck 15?  I see steps going up there and a huge sun area but what is it for since nothing on cruise deck plans.  Also, is there a sauna on the balcony/sundeck where the hot tub is located?

Norwegian Star Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

Click on deck 14

Note the large green footprint of the two Garden Villa suites -

There is a partition (wall and door between the two)

In the center are stairs and elevators and ships engineering area ventilation etc

Look for the half spiral staircase leading to the huge deck 15 balcony -

everything forward of that is open deck space -

Aft of the spiral stairs is the hot tub and steam sauna enclosed deck area

Look for the small YouTube video icon and click on it for a tour

6000 square feet of cabin space for EACH Garden Villa - 3000 allocated for deck 15 space

The picture Jed12345 posted the black window space is the 3 cabins within

the port side GV - You can see the Hot Tub Gazebo thru opening aft of the black windows.

Aft of the GV is the Sports (Basketball Court)

Truly impressive to the "Nth" degree only the STAR and the DAWN have these GV staterooms

of that size - the Haven GVs on the JEWEL class ships have much less space and only about

a quarter of the deck 15 space.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

• 6 months later...

The absolute best cabins in the NCL fleet are the Garden Villas on the Star and Dawn. They are amazing! The Jewel class GVs are nice, but not as nice as the Star and Dawn.

Attached are pics from 2015,  but show how big the top deck is. 

23BDF042-F1E8-43B2-9298-11C4F00FA62F.png

D4730023-E501-4354-AFFF-8072516AA996.png

D777D97E-93E7-4968-B840-9DEC4EA6D40E.png

EE996BB6-36AD-4D1F-9D20-255491B83EEF.png

67FD343F-8F48-4566-BD86-2F0E0CDB34EC.png

Edited by maja651

10 hours ago, OriginalBoat said:

Does anyone know if any or all of the beds will separate into two smaller ones?

King beds can not be separated - Queen (mated twins) can be however it diminishes

the usable space. It is about the same as taking the Queen bed in a non suite and making

a narrow walk space between the two beds.

The Garden Villas are rated for occupancy of 6.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

King beds can not be separated - Queen (mated twins) can be however it diminishes

the usable space. It is about the same as taking the Queen bed in a non suite and making

a narrow walk space between the two beds.

The Garden Villas are rated for occupancy of 6.

Unless there's been a recent change capacity is 7, not 6.  One of the rooms has a small pull out sofa (similar to the ones in penthouse suites).

2 hours ago, Girr said:

Unless there's been a recent change capacity is 7, not 6.  One of the rooms has a small pull out sofa (similar to the ones in penthouse suites).

You are correct - that 7th bed is in the middle cabin and IMO is only suitable for a child as it

is about half the size of the convertible sofas in balcony cabins - image/photo from DAWN

Muster station capacity may also come into play as to the number of cabin occupants.

DSC07754.thumb.JPG.cc28d2cb169a90ff5cb7f3af80931a93.JPG

• Like 1

Ironically, we actually did end up winning that upgrade bid to the villa. I've got a ton of more recent photos than the ones posted here, so if anyone wants to see anything specific about the 3 bedrooms or the enormous outdoor space, just let me know.

We sailed around Spain & Portugal this May with only 2 of us in there. Spoiled rotten...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Just booked the GV for 1/1 on the Star. We’ve been fortunate to cruise with the GV a few times previously but this will be the first for a 14 day cruise. Curious if any knows of the bottles of liquor are still offered or if any perks have changed through Covid?

On 8/15/2022 at 4:43 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Ironically, we actually did end up winning that upgrade bid to the villa. I've got a ton of more recent photos than the ones posted here, so if anyone wants to see anything specific about the 3 bedrooms or the enormous outdoor space, just let me know.

We sailed around Spain & Portugal this May with only 2 of us in there. Spoiled rotten...

Just curious- what was the starting upgrade bid for that suite? 💰 

12 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Just curious- what was the starting upgrade bid for that suite? 💰 

We were moving from a forward facing suite to the GV. I believe the starting bid was $2500/pp, we bid around $3100. 

I don't remember exactly the costs as I don't have it in front of me (currently on the Joy), but all in between what we originally paid and the winning bid it was around $15k total for a 10 night cruise. If you divide that by 3 since you could have added 2 other couples with us, insanely good deal for a room that normally sells for around 35-40k.

15 hours ago, Atlanta07 said:

Hi all. Just booked the GV for 1/1 on the Star. We’ve been fortunate to cruise with the GV a few times previously but this will be the first for a 14 day cruise. Curious if any knows of the bottles of liquor are still offered or if any perks have changed through Covid?

We were able to get bottles not on the list when we sailed this past May. As long as it's within reason, just ask your butler when you're on board. We got a bottle of amaretto, Bailey's, and some other things with no problem. They're not going to give you don Julio, but a $40 bottle of disarrono was fine.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:31 AM, Sailing12Away said:

We were moving from a forward facing suite to the GV. I believe the starting bid was $2500/pp, we bid around $3100. 

I don't remember exactly the costs as I don't have it in front of me (currently on the Joy), but all in between what we originally paid and the winning bid it was around $15k total for a 10 night cruise. If you divide that by 3 since you could have added 2 other couples with us, insanely good deal for a room that normally sells for around 35-40k.

That would be a once in a lifetime cruise. You were smart to try for it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...