Sail away time for Anthem March 20,2022

I got a notice for 3/20 and 3/27.  Just wondering if Royal is deliberately trying to decrease the hours in Port Canaveral (6 hours).  I can’t say I would blame them — who would want Disneyers bringing Covid back to the ship?  Just my 2 cents. Katherine 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just wondering if Royal is deliberately trying to decrease the hours in Port Canaveral (6 hours)

This has been going on ever since Anthem came over on her TA. Other ships have had this delayed departure as well, though not routinely like Anthem. RCI doesn't want to spend the money on the extra fuel and wear/tear on the ship to make up for the time lost on departure - she already does 20+kn all the way there.

I can't imagine arriving at Port Canaveral at 3pm, going to Disney, and returning to the ship for a 9pm departure. I could be wrong, but aren't annual passes a thing of the past? Are people really buying a daily ticket for two, maybe three, hours in the park?

22 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Are people really buying a daily ticket for two, maybe three, hours in the park?

Disney fans are capable of just about anything.  I'd say yes, there's probably a few hardcore that would.

We're on Anthem on the 13th and just got this same email today.  I'm good with whatever extra cleaning they want to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

This has been going on ever since Anthem came over on her TA. Other ships have had this delayed departure as well, though not routinely like Anthem. RCI doesn't want to spend the money on the extra fuel and wear/tear on the ship to make up for the time lost on departure - she already does 20+kn all the way there.

This was going on before Anthem even did her TA. The fall Oasis sailings out of Cape Liberty had the same exact email.  We were on her in September and departure was delayed then too.

52 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Disney fans are capable of just about anything.  I'd say yes, there's probably a few hardcore that would.

We're on Anthem on the 13th and just got this same email today.  I'm good with whatever extra cleaning they want to do.

With reduced crew and some of the crew quarantined there isn't any extra cleaning being done, It's the same cleaning going on that they have been doing between all cruises leaving since  they resumed cruising since covid............nothing extra is being done.