Onward Rebuild

roberts2005

On 2/15/2022 at 4:07 AM, Riocca said:

Azamara Onward in Amsterdam as Journey arrived this morning.

CC56CEA2-B4D5-47F9-992C-D4843B0D3A2F.thumb.png.0387ac8c9a52594237d46f4fcebc02fa.png

I can't help but notice that the divider between aft-facing cabins 6090 and 6093 is missing, most likely temporarily removed for refurbishment or for some other valid, logistical reason.  Funny how, when looking at a photo, some little things can just jump out at you.  It must be the devil...in the details.  😉 

Some time after Pursuit was refitted and launched there were reports from cruisers that the sunbed cushions were missing. The story then emerged that someone had forgotten to order them and that they had to be manufactured i.e. not off the shelf. I think it took a few months for that omission to be put right.

We are booked for an Onward cruise and ask if anyone knows whether this matter is in hand?

Edited by cruisinclined

21 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Some time after Pursuit was refitted and launched there were reports from cruisers that the sunbed cushions were missing. The story then emerged that someone had forgotten to order them and that they had to be manufactured i.e. not off the shelf. I think it took a few months for that omission to be put right.

We are booked for an Onward cruise and ask if anyone knows whether this matter is in hand?

We were on Pursuit for the Maiden and can confirm the lounger cushions were missing, although being in Norway it didn’t cause too many problems. There were a few things that didn’t get done because of the budget set by RCG, more money was spent on the fabric of the ship than was planned so things like internet didn’t get done.

Of course we now have new owners for Azamara who seem to want to do things properly, more importantly the ships management seems to have more involvement and I’m sure will be keen to get everything perfect.

As an example the dry dock for Pursuit to go from P&O’s livery to Azamara’s was done in a week, the new owners have scheduled Onwards for 18 days.

• Like 1

Eric DeGray was the cruise director on another cruise I had been on. Was we always on Azamara? My only Azamara was on the Journey in 2013. I wonder if her was on that cruise -- or perhaps another line I have sailed.  Does anyone know?  (My 2nd Azamara will be this July to the Black Sea, hopefully.)

2 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Eric DeGray was the cruise director on another cruise I had been on. Was we always on Azamara? My only Azamara was on the Journey in 2013. I wonder if her was on that cruise -- or perhaps another line I have sailed.  Does anyone know?  (My 2nd Azamara will be this July to the Black Sea, hopefully.)

Yes Eric has been on the Journey since mid 2000's.   BEST ever!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

She does have a profile on the other social media site.

But that’s a personal one, not a place for sending her requests re an upcoming cruise. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, uktog said:

But that’s a personal one, not a place for sending her requests re an upcoming cruise. 

I agree. I'd respectfully suggest that this is not why crew set up pages such as this. They could get inundated too. There are more formal channels direct to Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 3

As regards the sun lounger cushion issue, when Pursuit was refurbished Azamara was very much bottom of the pile in the Royal Caribbean Group and things got overlooked. Now Azamara is the sole focus of  SP Cruises and it’s very apparent that they want to get things right, there were a number of items on Pursuit that weren’t addressed because RCG wouldn’t spend the money. 
I’m confident the staff overseeing the refurbishment will want to have everything 100% for the guests joining the ship on the 2nd May.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

No, there aren't. 

Phil 

As I suggest in a recent post it is a shame that basic questions like the one I posed about sunbed cushions on the Onward aren't answered by an AZ employee with that simple task. Basic customer service and good for business.

15 minutes ago, cruisinclined said:

As I suggest in a recent post it is a shame that basic questions like the one I posed about sunbed cushions on the Onward aren't answered by an AZ employee with that simple task. Basic customer service and good for business.

You could direct the question to Azamara customer service, this is the email address I’ve used in the past:

AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they are putting shower screens on the onward instead of those curtains which my wife detests. I suspect not, but it would be a very nice surprise if they did. I’m talking about the club balcony cabins.

Hi Tuscany4

Whilst I don’t know the answer to your question…….

I have been on an Oceania R7 ship that had shower screens and in my elbows experience, a good quality none stick curtain like on the Pursuit worked better.  

That said and in normal circumstances, screens for us!

Regards

• Like 3

Just now, royallondon said:

Hi Tuscany4

Whilst I don’t know the answer to your question…….

I have been on an Oceania R7 ship that had shower screens and in my elbows experience, a good quality none stick curtain like on the Pursuit worked better.  

That said and in normal circumstances, screens for us!

Regards

Agree. Also on an Oceania ship with shower door "upgrade."

Curtains are definitely preferable to the very confining doors. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

Can someone give me the name of the closed Azamara group on fb?  I belong to one but it appears to be run by a travel agent and doesn’t get updated much. We’re on the Onward in Nov and would like to follow the work on it. 

Azamara Reminiscing