How do you find out about new Viking cruises?

pcolmer

We've just received some post from Viking, including a very nice leaflet about the 2023-2024 World Cruise. According to the leaflet, the Veranda category has already sold out!

So this led me to wonder how people find out about new cruises that can be booked ahead of Viking sending out post or email? Are you checking the website daily? Do you have a travel agent letting you know?

Just curious 🙂

Hang around this board, and the Viking ship roll call pages on CC, and you’ll find out about new cruises long before any mailings hit your mailbox.

This thread is a particularly good source for new sailings:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651194-viking-ocean-combined-cruise-schedule/?do=getNewComment

• Like 1

I too  do get all the brochures in mail, plus some Viking emails.

But the best place is their own website, which I look at when I want to plan a future cruise.

The best place is here on Viking forum. A frequent poster Char, has a full spread sheet that she keeps updated on her posts through a link.   Search this forum for the thread. 

I see Mark Tapley has just  provided the  link ! 

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

I have a Viking agent that I use exclusively.  If I am interested in a particular cruise, he gives me a shout to let me know it’s available just before it is released to the public on Viking’s web site.  Last time it was a few weeks before the 23-24 WC was released.  I had expressed interest in this year (but wound up booking one for a year earlier).  He called to let me know about it, and asked me if we were interested in it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

I have a Viking agent that I use exclusively.  If I am interested in a particular cruise, he gives me a shout to let me know it’s available just before it is released to the public on Viking’s web site.  Last time it was a few weeks before the 23-24 WC was released.  I had expressed interest in this year (but wound up booking one for a year earlier).  He called to let me know about it, and asked me if we were interested in it.

Sounds just like my Viking agent.

• Like 1

I use a variety of sources. We have a network of pax we have already cruised with that use specific agents at Viking, or Travel Agents. I also give my TA a heads up when we are waiting for something to be posted, so she passes the request to her regional Viking Sales Rep.

For the 22/23 WC we knew the day before it was posted and for the Neptune TA before the WC, about 1 week before it was posted on the website.

• Like 1