Tests required ? February 11 2022

Holidayfun141

According to the news, requirements to take lateral flow tests will end at 4am on February 11 2022,

as we are due to return from our cruise at 6am on February 11 2022, it looks like that we will not have to do the test, my question is 

how can we fill in the passenger locator form as we won’t have a reference to give as before to prove you had booked a test ?
All a bit confusing any reply’s would be appreciated.

we are both fully vaccinated including booster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holidayfun141 said:

According to the news, requirements to take lateral flow tests will end at 4am on February 11 2022,

as we are due to return from our cruise at 6am on February 11 2022, it looks like that we will not have to do the test, my question is 

how can we fill in the passenger locator form as we won’t have a reference to give as before to prove you had booked a test ?

The PLF is to be simplified with the requirement for the ref number being removed

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The PLF is to be simplified with the requirement for the ref number being removed

But that's not till Feb 11th, so I would assume that anyone leaving the UK before the 11th and  returning after will probably need to follow the old rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holidayfun141 said:

You have to get your Personal locator form 2 days before you arrive home so you would still have to order your lateral flow test first to get your reference number.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Slightly off topic ,that's a stunning picture Yorkshire Phil , where exactly was it taken please?.

As for the topic ,all a bit confusing as we sail on the 11th and I must admit with the new rules the plf would appear to become redundant?

I posted in the wrong place and too late to edit, no idea where that is. 

I assume there is a reason why they are keeping the PLF albeit simplified, it will be interesting to see how things are handled on the 4th, as in the case of the original poster. Hopefully it will become clearer over the coming days. 

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Slightly off topic ,that's a stunning picture Yorkshire Phil , where exactly was it taken please?.

As for the topic ,all a bit confusing as we sail on the 11th and I must admit with the new rules the plf would appear to become redundant?

The government have announced that a simplified version of the PLF will remain after Feb 11th.

• Thanks 1

Hi Wowzz, we are on Feb 11th cruise too. Decided today would be the day to print off all of my paperwork but stuck when it comes to PLF as by our return date (and departure date for that matter) we will no longer need to have booked lateral flow tests. Any indication when updated PLF will be made available? Especially as it needs to be submitted 48 hours before departure. 

57 minutes ago, sasmisjas said:

Hi Wowzz, we are on Feb 11th cruise too. Decided today would be the day to print off all of my paperwork but stuck when it comes to PLF as by our return date (and departure date for that matter) we will no longer need to have booked lateral flow tests. Any indication when updated PLF will be made available? Especially as it needs to be submitted 48 hours before departure. 

A very good question, but Downing street wont be able to issue the new PLF until the Met have finished their investigations!!!!!😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sasmisjas said:

Is the Feb 11th cruise a fly/cruise? 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:01 PM, Holidayfun141 said:

I suggest you need to ask P&O rather than rely on various opinions.  I can tell you though that another cruise line, (Fred) have told their passengers returning shortly after the change that they will need to complete the plf's on the ship nearer to return date and that they will supply free internet access to do so or they will do it for passengers at a cost if they do not want to complete it themselves. 

Fred has been insisting on seeing the completed plf prior to embarkation and have been very strict on that, so does not sound like they are expecting access to the new form to come before his cruises leave the UK.  He has been very good regards telling people what needs to be done as well, so likely reliable.

If P&O want to see plf's before embarkation they may decide on a different way forward though, so do check with them.

1 hour ago, tring said:

If P&O want to see plf's before embarkation they may decide on a different way forward though, so do check with them.

The Feb 11th cruise is either a fly/cruise to the Caribbean,  or the long Ventura cruise. In neither case can you complete the PLF in advance. 

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The Feb 11th cruise is either a fly/cruise to the Caribbean,  or the long Ventura cruise. In neither case can you complete the PLF in advance. 

The OP is returning on the 11th, so probably the four night Amsterdam cruise on Ventura.  A Caribbean finishes that day, but if so would (I think) already be out there and could ask on the ship, but I think would actually return to the UK in the early hours of the 12th.

Edited by tring

30 minutes ago, tring said:

The OP is returning on the 11th, so probably the four night Amsterdam cruise on Ventura.  A Caribbean finishes that day, but if so would (I think) already be out there and could ask on the ship, but I think would actually return to the UK in the early hours of the 12th.

Sorry Barbara,  got totally the wrong end of the stick ! Got my departures and arrivals mixed up. 

• Like 1