January 28, 2022 Panama Canal Full Transit - Live From Emerald Princess

Shelly97060

Did anyone eat in a dining room instead of the buffet after boarding? I’m just wondering if any dining room was open. Thinking ahead to Saturday. 
Also, what is the phone number of the Dine Line? 
TIA

Medical Center called yesterday and gave us our time to get our turnaround covid test.  We go on Friday at 4pm in the Conference Center.  Fingers crossed we "pass" the test.  Princess must be scheduling the tests for small groups at a time.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

The Dine Line is one of the preprogrammed numbers on your stateroom phone (labeled -Dining Inquiries).

I know it used to have the phone number (4 digit I think) on the Patter.  I could call them from other locations around the ship. Boarded and called immediately to try to sign up for Chef’s Table. Thanks for your answer. 

35 minutes ago, jeno said:

I know it used to have the phone number (4 digit I think) on the Patter.  I could call them from other locations around the ship. Boarded and called immediately to try to sign up for Chef’s Table. Thanks for your answer. 

Look back through this topic for Patters.  You might find the phone # there.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

On 1/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, iamaqt2 said:

How did the pre-boarding testing go?  And have they given you an updated itinerary?

Curious if Columbia is a no-go now as well as San Juan del Sur.

the pre-boarding testing in FLL is very efficient.  From the time we dropped off our luggage at the curb until we were in our cabin was 70 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, Optotronics said:

I’m interested to find out as well if they are going to be sea days. We have this cruise in March and having 12 out of 15 days being at sea is too much.

hopefully if these ports are off for the near future, princess should reschedule other ports in their place.

They did not substitute ports for Cartagena or Nicaragua.  They did make a stop at Cartagena, but anchored offshore for several hours.  The reason was because Cartagena required every passenger to be tested before going ashore and Princess said they could not do that with a short stop.  They anchored to do the paperwork to make it all a legit stop to satisfy the distant port mandate for a foreign flagged ship.  It was strange to see the city and not be able to go ashore.  

Edited by sunneesmile

On 1/30/2022 at 12:51 PM, Mikel1733 said:

1 test before flying, 1 test at dock, 1 test 2 days in, 1 test mid cruise, and 1 test at disembarkation?  5 tests seem overkill.  Making me rethink my May cruise on the Emerald.

1 test 2 days before cruise, 1 test at port, 1 test 2 days into voyage.  No other tests done.  They offer a test for those that need it to fly home. It was a very simple process, well executed and I was glad to see they are doing what they can to prevent exposure.  The bars, and theater had blocked off seating in the beginning.  But the dat after the on board test, we noticed those seats had been opened.  But the end of the cruise, they reminded us to wear our masks in public areas, but outdoors we did not have to.  It was a great cruise with plenty of activities and the staff was friendly, helpful and very attentive. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 7:16 PM, Robbie555 said:

I hate to add insult to injury, but checking out other threads....sailings from other cruise lines such as Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America Line, and Regent Seven Seas all successfully stopped in Cartagena, Colombia today and passengers were able to get off and engage in their excursions.

How come these other cruise lines could make proper arrangements to anchor in Cartagena, but Princess could not! 😤😡

Bless!  Robbie you seem to be kind of angry

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sunneesmile said:

Bless!  Robbie you seem to be kind of angry

I'm glad I canceled my reservation for a future date. Yes, I would have been furious had I sailed this sailing with the two canceled ports of call resulting in only 4 stops as opposed to the planned 6.

Did you have 3 formal nights?  I saw a reference on the third day to a formal night.  When were the other 2?  You mentioned a production show the night you were in Panama City I think.  Was that a formal night? Trying to figure out when they might be on our Panama cruise in April.