Lead Passenger

amajaa

Morning All, has anyone else had this. It's always me that books the holidays, fills in forms, prints documents etc. So why on our most recent booking have P & O put my husband as the lead Passenger which means I have to go in as him to fill in his forms. On my sign in I can only do mine whereas he can do both. I know it's only a small thing and considering what's going on around the world it's insignificant but a point of principle and something to talk about other than Covid. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately P&O (along with others) seem to be sexist!

I say this as a man who has booked a cruise for myself and my wife in one cabin and our kids and partners in two other cabins. We have a son and daughter but in both cases the females take the lead, our daughter and daughter in law, but P&O insist of putting the males first on their bookings.

I have written P&O and complained about this and all I get in return is "Sorry that is the way our systems work".

Edited by MX-Drew

Interesting isn't it as I'm sure that previously I could go in as me and add details for both myself and husband but I can't this time. I might try logging into other cruises we have later and see what happens there. I haven't tried yet as they seem too far away. 

Interesting.  I'm always the lead passenger as I sail alone a lot so use my account for joint bookings as well.. My husband's details are always available to me and I add everything for him.  Works with all my P&O bookings.  I'm also lead passenger with amendment rights for my April cruise when I'm sailing with my Auntie who's on my booking too. 

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

I usually travel with a friend who lives 100 miles away and this is our continual bugbear.  Saga allow us to book the same cabin as individuals so we both get all communications. Why can't P&O? (and Fred, and everyone else)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Interesting.  I'm always the lead passenger as I sail alone a lot so use my account for joint bookings as well.. My husband's details are always available to me and I add everything for him.  Works with all my P&O bookings.  I'm also lead passenger with amendment rights for my April cruise when I'm sailing with my Auntie who's on my booking too. 

I too have always been the lead passenger on our P&O bookings. I am still able to access my husband's details to make any necessary amendments on all four of our future bookings!  

Edited by Astrajet

I always book through the same TA, it's always me they speak to. In 30 odd cruises I don't think they have ever spoken to my Husband , I've just checked all  cruises we have booked and all of them he is the lead Passenger. Before Covid I was lead Passenger and able to go in and fill everything in. Strange .

On 1/28/2022 at 9:25 AM, amajaa said:

Morning All, has anyone else had this. It's always me that books the holidays, fills in forms, prints documents etc. So why on our most recent booking have P & O put my husband as the lead Passenger which means I have to go in as him to fill in his forms. On my sign in I can only do mine whereas he can do both. I know it's only a small thing and considering what's going on around the world it's insignificant but a point of principle and something to talk about other than Covid. 

Hi we have just had the same situation but got it fixed, the problem was that our D.o.B. and loyalty numbers were transposed, so I had to sign in as my wife and VV. We got no help from customer service who seem to think they can get covid from answering the phone or answering emails. The person who got it fixed was on the loyalties hotline. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:25 AM, amajaa said:

I booked and paid for ours via a TA, and I am shown as the lead passenger. That probably made the difference and it would have been who set up as the first name I assume. So I have been able to do all the paperwork etc. I am glad you managed to get it changed😃  

Edited by Gizmo19

It's such a small thing to get right, but so irritating. I was just booking travel insurance and had input everything with my details first, and my Husband as the second person, yet when the quotes came up it started with "Hi Jason, here are your quotes!" 

Made me want to go with someone else, but unfortunately the deal was quite good. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

It's such a small thing to get right, but so irritating. I was just booking travel insurance and had input everything with my details first, and my Husband as the second person, yet when the quotes came up it started with "Hi Jason, here are your quotes!" 

Made me want to go with someone else, but unfortunately the deal was quite good. 🤣 

That's really annoying. They all seem to assume that the husbands arrange everything, and / or pay for everything. Which is not always so. Its often whoever has the time to sit at the computer / phone and sort  / book  the needed services.

3 hours ago, Gizmo19 said:

That's really annoying. They all seem to assume that the husbands arrange everything, and / or pay for everything. Which is not always so. Its often whoever has the time to sit at the computer / phone and sort  / book  the needed services.

True mine just pays and turns up to go on the day, I have had to drag him away from work 3hrs before we were due to fly from a local airport!! He quite often has no idea what he's packed as I do it all for him. In nearly 40yrs I've never known it any other way. I am always lead name and if they change it I kick off big time with the sex discrimination shpele 😛😛

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, amajaa said:

Update on this the TA changed it and now I can fill in both our infos😄

Just a note, our TA changed it and it worked well until the next day when it was changed back again; this happened twice until we contacted P&O and got them to change it.