Infinity this summer?

39august

Haven't heard anything for sure but since Millennium and Summit just did a dry dock it could be a possibility.    What I read was that most of the work was the general maintenance, repainting and rust removal  and freshen up the soft goods --- carpets etc.     

If it is of any use, the Celebrity Infinity is enroute and shows as scheduled to arrive in Freeport Bahamas next week. (February 4) That leaves a time frame of over 4 months until 1st bookable scheduled sailing in June.  However the Celebrity Infinity webpage which has shown consistently Revolution Date as "Coming Soon" is now long longer shown.  The Revolution Date Coming Soon line has been deleted and now just shows Inaugural  date.  So possible refurbishment/soft goods etc...but not full revolution? 

Inaugural Date

March 3, 2001

Occupancy

Tonnage

Length

965 ft

Beam

105 ft

Cruising Speed

24 kts

Draught

26 ft

A cosmetic refurb similar to Constellation would be fine with me.

I’m relieved that the Antarctica cruises for 2023 now are, or least would seem much more certain since she is doing the Caribbean program and not being sold off just yet.

Hopefully can get some updates from the Freeport shipyard.

Just my guess but since she had a mechanical and technical dry docking last year it would seem that this shipyard visit would be more related to the hotel side.

I was looking at Infinity cruise for next Spring and found this interesting on the X website, looks like the Infinity is going to get Revolutionized before going back into service in Jan 2023. Talks about adding a Retreat deck, new cabins and a  Retreat lounge.

Here is the info from the web site:

Celebrity Infinity

Celebrity Infinity Along Panama Canal

Celebrity Infinity Ship

2/2

About This Ship

Inaugural Date

March 3, 2001

Occupancy

Set sail on Celebrity Infinity, the ship that will be turning heads. We’ll be adding new staterooms and The Retreat Sun Deck and The Retreat Lounge for our guests of The Retreat. Surrender your senses in the newly redesigned spa or shop in new retail boutiques. Whatever you choose, it’ll be the ultimate experience.

I just got an email from an online TA with a heck of a deal.

Reminds me greatly of the deal we got in 2018 when they also moved the Equinox from Europe to Caribbean with little notice.

DH hates to miss golf season...and he already agreed to Baltics beginning of August...

But honestly the price & perks are so good I might just go myself!!