Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

19 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I know it’s going to be chilly for sailaway tomorrow but this is what it will be home in CT.

Hope my son has enough that’s for the snowblower!!!!!

mac_tlc

537DDF57-ACF7-4478-A040-1866D3F16A09.webp

It's nasty cold, blowy and blizzard here in Connecticut!   Of course, We are hardly unique.  There are many other areas also negatively impacted by this storm.  Looking forward to your review, living vicariously.

When you get a chance, would you please see if you can find out how many are on board?  I hope they keep the reduced numbers for when we sail.  I know it's not great for the cruise line's bottom line, but for the pax....  Wonderful!

20 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

When you get a chance, would you please see if you can find out how many are on board?  I hope they keep the reduced numbers for when we sail.  I know it's not great for the cruise line's bottom line, but for the pax....  Wonderful!

Will do!

22 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Spending a few hours at Disney Springs and a drink at City Works Brewery this afternoon before dinner at Trails End at the Fort Wilderness Campground .

mac_tlc

3A8C447B-6BAF-4EF1-BD52-D83293D444F2.jpeg

Yum, I hear they have some good BBQ there.

Edited by Maitaivegas

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

It’s about a 5 minute shuttle to the terminal. We like Park N Go. One reason is they have separate shuttles for each ship in port. It’s a busy day today with 7 ships. No having to go from ship to ship to drop off folks.

No wait to get in terminal.

A086A0FE-D00E-4169-A57B-3255852A67A1.jpeg

10 minutes later we were on board! Best steps are those that go from gangway to ship!

B51C8988-CE39-4687-BE31-5A315F202B35.jpeg

EEF5B86D-B2E0-4516-8EFB-5EB3244768F5.jpeg

Can Celebrity teach RCL how to board people so we have no wait also? 
I jumped over from the RCL board to live vicariously thru you.

I like your report and pics so far, thank you for doing this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for taking precious vacation time to post your experience and pictures.  Sailing in March on APEX b2b first time in Sky Suite - so anxious to hear all the details on Laminae, Retreat, etc.  Wishing you great weather and smooth sailing:)

• Like 3

Decided to do sailaway in the Retreat Lounge— still chilly outside. A few pictures:

2BD45005-8B13-454E-B6AF-7D3C2CFD610F.jpeg

2BB861FB-F652-4DE2-A2AC-A03D46A5ED51.jpeg

D206140B-2812-40AF-A582-450C4B97DAD6.jpeg

About a dozen folks here, I’ll get some pictures of the rest of the lounge when there are no people—- I don’t like to take and post pictures of folks unless they know.

mac_tlc

FF8745A9-3F65-48C4-A1B4-98034B2EF709.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4

First difference we noticed versus the Edge. Apex has a full bar as part of the Retreat Lounge. On Edge, it’s in the back and not visible. I like this one.

AF241CFE-0A9A-4CA2-A142-840C5D6CCB13.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

Following!

We were on the Apex in December. Just booked another cruise on her for April.

On our last cruise, I felt like they missed an opportunity for a few high top chairs at the Retreat bar. Love sitting at the bar for a couple of cocktails! 

30 minutes ago, What A Market said:

Following!

We were on the Apex in December. Just booked another cruise on her for April.

On our last cruise, I felt like they missed an opportunity for a few high top chairs at the Retreat bar. Love sitting at the bar for a couple of cocktails! 

I didn’t notice the lack of seats but now that you mention it…. Seemed like there was no singular bartender but a number of them as they made and served drinks throughout the Lounge. 

Edited by mac_tlc

Day 1 challenge… seems like the internet, drink package and gratuities somehow got dropped from our reservation. I noticed it when we set up our internet accounts. Didn’t show any paid package, plus there was no Beverage Package notation on our sea pass cards. Went to the iLounge and they said I needed to go to guest services , but in the meantime gave us 24 hr complimentary stream access.

When we went or the Retreat Lounge, I mentioned it to the host , Catherine. In about 15 minutes she had it all straightened out, internet access all set, beverage package set, gratuities handled and new sea pass cards printed out.  

Very rocky out of PE tonight. Overheard a few folks having “issues”. Luckily, we are fine. Captain said it should calm down around 11pm once we get within the Bahamas.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

And……. Here she is! 
We should be leaving in 15-20 minutes for our trek southward! 

EDIT: There were suppose to be some more pictures here but CC wants to post them upside down! UGH! 

0AE97F8F-99D7-4EAE-8D66-6C3031626BBA.jpeg

Was on my balcony on the other side coming back in this morning, haha. Sure was cold! Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Apex and all the staff we met this week.

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Decided to do sailaway in the Retreat Lounge— still chilly outside. A few pictures:

2BD45005-8B13-454E-B6AF-7D3C2CFD610F.jpeg

2BB861FB-F652-4DE2-A2AC-A03D46A5ED51.jpeg

D206140B-2812-40AF-A582-450C4B97DAD6.jpeg

About a dozen folks here, I’ll get some pictures of the rest of the lounge when there are no people—- I don’t like to take and post pictures of folks unless they know.

mac_tlc

FF8745A9-3F65-48C4-A1B4-98034B2EF709.jpeg

She’s the best! Ask her for a Don Julio Margarita on the Rocks. Drank several yesterday in the Retreat Lounge. Also if you look closely at the Coke Zero in the fridge it says Sin Azucar yep it’s the Mexico version. They ran out a day in and had to restock while we were in Conzumel.

Edited by cltcruisers123

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Day 1 challenge… seems like the internet, drink package and gratuities somehow got dropped from our reservation. I noticed it when we set up our internet accounts. Didn’t show any paid package, plus there was no Beverage Package

This kind of thing is my nightmare.  I'm such a planner.

Thanks for letting us know how this was handled onboard.  

We'll be on Apex next Saturday.  😊

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Day 1 challenge… seems like the internet, drink package and gratuities somehow got dropped from our reservation. I noticed it when we set up our internet accounts. Didn’t show any paid package, plus there was no Beverage Package notation on our sea pass cards. Went to the iLounge and they said I needed to go to guest services , but in the meantime gave us 24 hr complimentary stream access.

When we went or the Retreat Lounge, I mentioned it to the host , Catherine. In about 15 minutes she had it all straightened out, internet access all set, beverage package set, gratuities handled and new sea pass cards printed out.  

Very rocky out of PE tonight. Overheard a few folks having “issues”. Luckily, we are fine. Captain said it should calm down around 11pm once we get within the Bahamas.

mac_tlc

Heard the weather out of Miami port very rocky, lots of ship movement.

Be safe, watch your steps

8 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Heard the weather out of Miami port very rocky, lots of ship movement.

Be safe, watch your steps

Oh yes, it was very rocky. Big swells coming out of the northeast and the ship heading due East! Very noticeable until around 9:30 or so then better.

This morning?

57BBE95C-86DF-434C-869A-72A48AF2BF39.jpegMuch better!

Here is our current position. Air temp only 64. 

22EA759F-B228-46AF-B057-B4B22024E704.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2